• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

It should be interesting to see how this all plays out. :popcorn::popcorn:

nuclear-bomb-explosion-wallpaper_zpsef7f9247.jpg

Last edited:
Man are you married? If I did this I wouldn't be.....:\

Not married, gf is supportive, and enjoys playing almost as much as I do. idk whats wrong with having some hobbies. Thats like 80/month. About 5 discs, I didn't think it was that crazy but it did seem like a big number, til I crunched the numbers..

Sorta surprised at the lack of disc photos, real curious to see them all :clap:

Last edited:
Not married, gf is supportive, and enjoys playing almost as much as I do. idk whats wrong with having some hobbies. Thats like 80/month. About 5 discs, I didn't think it was that crazy but it did seem like a big number, til I crunched the numbers..

Sorta surprised at the lack of disc photos, real curious to see them all :clap:

lmao yeah 1000 a year on a hobby isnt bad at all. Id say if you have a wife who has a problem with that... you might need a new wife :D

No she wouldn't say a word, and when I thought about it you are correct I drop about $45-$85 every paycheck (two weeks). Add that up and you can double that number, just when I first saw it I thought DAMN that's a LOT of money on plastic......... I think mine will go down, just all these new releases and gotta have 'em disc's, and that damn MVP lately. I guess it is cheaper than my vintage motorcycle hobby by a LOT.

You ordered on the 22nd, I ordered on the 21st and still haven't got the e-mail. I guess I have to go b!tch at them to get the e-mail also. Something sounds fishy over at CD.:wall:

Community's safe. Asked on their FB wall and their full order was confirmed by Discraft. Now we've just gotta wait for Discraft to get the Buzzzes to all the retailers.

Community's safe. Asked on their FB wall and their full order was confirmed by Discraft. Now we've just gotta wait for Discraft to get the Buzzzes to all the retailers.

Yea Justin got back to me this morning and said all e-mails went out on Wednesday. I didn't get any e-mail as some of you here didn't either. If I hadn't got ahold of Comm. Discs who knows what would have occured.
Thanks to DGCR for keeping all us goofers up to date.
Now we wait and see!:confused:

No she wouldn't say a word, and when I thought about it you are correct I drop about $45-$85 every paycheck (two weeks). Add that up and you can double that number, just when I first saw it I thought DAMN that's a LOT of money on plastic......... I think mine will go down, just all these new releases and gotta have 'em disc's, and that damn MVP lately. I guess it is cheaper than my vintage motorcycle hobby by a LOT.

Isnt that the truth? I can't help it either.. Just stocked on mvp shock to find out the real overstable one is on the way. Couldn't help wanting to think the tangent is the comet I never had. Dd, prodigy, legacy.. Would you believe it, I have a motorcycle waiting to get put back together if only I could skip going to the course whenever its nice out haha

@dekdo: my thoughts exactly :D

Yeah, garage time is almost over for me as spring approaches. And I just got everything I need to finish my 1964 Honda S90 :( I guess it's all night time tinkering from now on through the fall. All bets are off when I get a practice basket though.....:D

Back to the thread though...... Does anyone have the scoop on Disc Nation do they have these 600 buzzz's that they had on pre-order? Have they ever not produced what they said they were gonna deliver in a pre-order sale? Not THAT worried, but wanted some reassurance.

Were you told that you won't be receiving any? Or were you told you may not receive any?
Actually, never had a chance to even put in the order. By the time I got to it the order form was already reading OUT OF STOCK. The order form doesn't go live till right at the moment they release the disc. SO you have to download the order form, fill it out, and send it back asap. Unfortunately for me I had other stuff going on yesterday and could not be at the computer right at that moment. Anyways, here's how I see this thing went down, some speculation of course, but....:

Discraft guaranteed/pre-sold/whatever you want to call it...a certain number of the 10,000 Buzzz to certain preferred retailers....the bigger guys..."Many retailers are taking pre-orders, so talk with your favorite disc golf vendor and let them know you're on the hunt!" a quote from their Feb. 22 newsletter.....so if Disc Nation was pre-selling 600 Buzzz, not doubt they were guaranteed at least that many from Discraft. Now 600 seems like a huge amount to me for one retailer given that only 10k were released. And to pre-sell a limited disc without knowing for sure you are getting them is crazy (See: ROC3 Debacle). SO lets assume that disc nation was guaranteed 600 buzzz, how many more were guaranteed to the big shops..DD, etc. 3000, 4000, half? Now we little guys are left scrambling for not a 10k disc but a fraction of that? "Most outlets are being limited to 50 discs each, so contact your favorite and see if they are taking reservations." from their Facebook page....we're gonna let some of our preferred customers have way more than fifty, but most folks will be limited to fifty if they are lucky......Dang'er. And did Discraft only sell to retailers or, as is their normal policy did they also sell to any one wanting to order 25+ discs. Its no wonder they sold out in 2 minutes.

Ok I'm lost here. I pre ordered two from discnation........does this mean I won't get them?
I have every reason to believe the DN preorders are safe.
The quantities were set up and are being managed by our CEO based on close coordination with DC. Y'all may not notice it but we've adjusted pre-order availabile quantities in the past after the initial wave of sales... originally offer tons in all variants as a buffer for firestorm buying, then cut back the master pool after the rush to more accurately reflect what we plan to have available. We'd rather cut the pre-orders before we max out so that we've got some for Live Sale after release.

Remember, we didn't participate in selling Roc3s in the initial wave because the manufacturer didn't have parameters we could work with, IE availability proportionate to our typical volume. We opted out because those params = we can't serve our customers well, so forget it. We did our homework before listing this Buzzz pre-order.

Its the Roc3 preorder all over again. I sorta wanted to try these but Im not preordering ANYTHING again after the Roc3 debacle. Good luck to you guys who did preorder though.
The store where I buy my discs from got 25 Big bird stamped Roc 3's and still has them on the shelf. I think I might head up to the store and ask he ordered the buzzz.

The quantities were set up and are being managed by our CEO based on close coordination with DC. Y'all may not notice it but we've adjusted pre-order availabile quantities in the past after the initial wave of sales... originally offer tons in all variants as a buffer for firestorm buying, then cut back the master pool after the rush to more accurately reflect what we plan to have available. We'd rather cut the pre-orders before we max out so that we've got some for Live Sale after release.

Remember, we didn't participate in selling Roc3s in the initial wave because the manufacturer didn't have parameters we could work with, IE availability proportionate to our typical volume. We opted out because those params = we can't serve our customers well, so forget it. We did our homework before listing this Buzzz pre-order.

Thanks Zamson! I feel more warm and fuzzy about the situation now.

:clap: Glad I preordered from you guys.

I suspected as much, but was hoping you would chime in.....:D

then don't list color/weight availability and only take requests.....seems pretty simple to me. Glad I ordered from Community Discs so far. Paid less too.

i usually order from disc nation or even go to the superstore which is 15 mins away, but i didnt know they were going to sell the buzzz's. So i ordered from clearwater because i couldnt wait. Hopefully they follow through.

Yeah and your point. Once again everything that you type is worthless crap. You have now idea what I paid for that disc. Why don't you shut your mouth when you don't have a clue what you are talking about. But great post on the new Buzzz.

This made me lol. So because u might have paid double for a disc. U can charge others that? Hahahahaha. How's the sale going?