• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

13 disc bag limit...

1 KP-P2 (putt)
2 Two Chain Aviar (upshot)
3 Condor (utility)
4 Warship (straight/anny)
5 Swirly Star Roc3 (straight/stable)
6 Pro Line Leopard (rollers/utility)
7 CE Teebird (straight/anny/rollers)
8 CE TL (straight/hyzer)
9 Vicich CD2 (stable/flicks)
10 Santa Cruz Thunderbird (long range)
11 Champ Thunderbird (long range/flicks)
12 Luster FD3 (stable/glidey)
13 C-FD3 (stable/flicks)

Think that covers all the shots

There is not a ball limit in the PGA. The rules do stipulate that you must play the full round with the same model, so while you can send someone to the Pro shop to get you more, they need to buy the same model.

There's a pretty well-known story of Tiger finishing out a delayed round at Pebble Beach on his last ball. Only had 18 to play. Drives first ball into water. Caddie realizes they are down to one ball, so he tries to talk Tiger into a safe(r) Iron shot. Tiger sticks with driver and pipes it down fairway. Tiger had used the other balls for indoor putting practice and forgot to put them back in bag.

While a player can retrieve additional balls, he can be penalized for slow play while waiting for balls. Also case that he/she might be playing a prototype not available on retail market.

Geez 13 discs I don't think my double nutsac will fit that many and still have space for goodies... what the he'll though here's my standard bag with optionals:

Envy x 2
Spin
Tangent
Comet
Switch x 2
Crave
Fission photon
Vanish
Inertia
Relay
Hmmmm... another inertia or photon?

There is not a ball limit in the PGA. The rules do stipulate that you must play the full round with the same model, so while you can send someone to the Pro shop to get you more, they need to buy the same model.

There's a pretty well-known story of Tiger finishing out a delayed round at Pebble Beach on his last ball. Only had 18 to play. Drives first ball into water. Caddie realizes they are down to one ball, so he tries to talk Tiger into a safe(r) Iron shot. Tiger sticks with driver and pipes it down fairway. Tiger had used the other balls for indoor putting practice and forgot to put them back in bag.

While a player can retrieve additional balls, he can be penalized for slow play while waiting for balls. Also case that he/she might be playing a prototype not available on retail market.

What about clubs?

1. Aviar
2. Proxy
3. Zone
4. Buzzz
5. Beat Star Teebird
6. Star Teebird
7. FAF Champion Firebird
8. Champion Thunderbird
9. Star Sidewinder
10. Glow Champion Tern
11. Star Destroyer

I'll just bring a supply of beer in place of the other 2 discs... Or if add an Envy and Mako3

It should be mentioned that this thread got necrobumped after 5 1/2 years of hibernation, and that the guy who started it last posted on anything here about two weeks after he started the thread.

I wonder what became of him. Did after considerable disc golf experience, he realize the error of his idea, or did he get sick of our no disc limitations and find another hobby? Who knows.

But can you replace them if one breaks or malfunctions?

No, there was even a few occasions which a Pro had to putt with something else than his putter because he intentionally broke it. Same for all clubs intentional or not.

It should be mentioned that this thread got necrobumped after 5 1/2 years of hibernation, and that the guy who started it last posted on anything here about two weeks after he started the thread.

I wonder what became of him. Did after considerable disc golf experience, he realize the error of his idea, or did he get sick of our no disc limitations and find another hobby? Who knows.

Maybe he lost one disc a day, and after two weeks gave up?

He took that 13 disc limit pretty seriously.

I'm not sure if less than 6 years even counts as a necro bump these days. Don't worry, we've mostly ignored his main point since we're so used to the "limit your bag to this or that" theme.

It is an interesting concept. But any parallel to golf is especially bad here since a disc is essentially a club-ball.

(3) wizards.
A lid
An OS putter

(3) Rocs (give or take a Spider/Comet)

Star Leo
Star Eagle
Champ TB
Champ RR
Champ Viking

My actual bag:

Lucid-X Trespass
Fuzion Trespass
Lucid Trespass
SP Pipeline
Proline Pipeline
400G M1
400G M3 x2
Neutron Envy
Electron Envy
Electron Pilot x2

my normal bag unless it is very windy:
400g D2
400g D4
400g D6
400 proto X3

750 H3
750 F5
400g F5
750 F7

2 400g M4

2 350g PA3
350g PA4

this is my every round bag.

Star Boss x3
ESP Nuke x2
Blizzard DD2
Star Shryke
CE Leopard
Z Flick
Sole
Summit
11x Champ Aviar
RPro Pig

PDGA could in theory make a disc limit if they wanted whether the manufacturers wanted them to or not. Probably hurts the bag companies more than the disc manufacturers. The number of discs a person can carry doesn't necessarily affect how many they buy. Most of us have way more than we carry...

Sounds arbitrary, but 20 should be enough even with a backup or 2.

I carry about 24 but throw 90% of my shots with half that many.

Eraser Wizard
750 Pa4
BT Soft harp
Champ RocX3
KC Pro Roc- x3
10x KJ Teebird
Drew Gibson Leopard3
Luster Firebird
PFN Champ Sidewinder
400g D4
400s D2

Last edited:
300 pa1- putting
300 pa1- straight to overstable
prod zone- understable
esp zone- straight to overstable
flat kc roc- straight
proline quake- overstable
opto trident- straight to overstable
star firebird- straight to overstable
star firebird- overstable
star shryke- straight to understable
s-line pd2- straight to overstable
c-line pd2- overstable forehands

After 7 I felt like I was adding extras to fill space. I don't use a whole lot of discs. My bag normally has 22ish in it but half are just there to fill space, practice, or break in.

Latest posts