• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

13 year old boy attacked by gator while playing disc golf

Is bad that when I saw Clearwater I could only think Climo's ears are actually used for self defense from gators while playing?

God Bless Steve Irwin, if that crazy fool would of never made gator wrestlin' popular we'd never know how to beat those gators.

I won't chase after a disc into the water down here.

I'm more interested in the "naughty schoolgirl Night" link near the bottom of the page....

Man, someone got pregnant that night for sure....

I'm more interested in the "naughty schoolgirl Night" link near the bottom of the page....

Man, someone got pregnant that night for sure....

Yikes, there are loads of crazy links on that site!! Hookers and pimps, half naked women... More proof that Florida is the most degenerate state in the union.

^ Yeah I have to admit, the first line or so into reading about the gator, I saw "Naughty Schoolgirl" out of the corner of my eye, and just stopped reading the article alltogether.

Just another day in the life of the disc golfer. At least a ball golfer would have a club to beat on it with if it got too close.

Last edited:
Heh, was just playing there last Thursday and had to recover a disc from just off-shore. Later, talking to another discer at North Coachman I told him about the lucky recovery and he said he'd never go in that water. I asked why[thinking scum and pollution], and he said, "Gators". It is, after all, called Alligator Creek.
Now we know.

On the other hand, from the pictures, I've had worse mosquito bites. :p

Now to go back and check on the naughty schoolgirls. :D

Last edited:
Clearwater, Barnett, Turkey Lake....

All those parks have water and that means gators. You never just walk up on a shot that goes in or near the drainage canals or a lake.

I threw one and it landed on an alligator's egg nest and that was one PO'ed mama gator. That damn thing was hissing at me from about 25' I just walked away and figured that disc as lost.

I played in Clearwater and another one down there in Florida a couple years back and I went in after a disc and almost got bit. lol. I learned a lesson. Don't throw in the water.:thmbup:

Must have been a tiny gator.....I can hardly see bites

in order of dangerousness:

alligators << water moccasins << clearwater locals

No way. This golfer from delaware played there that same day. Only gator i saw was mine eating up chains!

It seems to me that If a gator "pulled him into the water" that he'd be pretty messed up. I know weird stuff happens though. Maybe he just got lucky

Latest posts