150 bag for an old fart

Ha I know right... it's going to be a lot like the switch. Hmmm it is a lot like the switch... was it more stable or less stable than you thought? That flat run was different from my first experience with the circuits, so I stocked up on them all 171. That's the first full weight drivers in the bag for me in a long time.

Definitely flippy in a headwind so I can see how hyzer flipping might not work. Nose up actually works with them a bit anyways.

Glad to see the proxy is holding your putting slot, it's a good disc :D and soft e envy.

171? have you moved to the dark side?:|

Ha I know right... it's going to be a lot like the switch. Hmmm it is a lot like the switch... was it more stable or less stable than you thought? That flat run was different from my first experience with the circuits, so I stocked up on them all 171. That's the first full weight drivers in the bag for me in a long time.

Rhythm is more stable than I expected for sure. Not easy to turn (which would have been fine), but with a surprisingly strong finishing fade. 150s G* Leopard3 is more what I was looking for - something I can hyzer flip to straight or toss RHBH with trouble left.

Glad to see the proxy is holding your putting slot, it's a good disc :D and soft e envy.

Yessir, both fine discs. I am both impressed and slightly annoyed by how long they take to beat in, even in Soft Electron.

Lost my last Origin while on the road so I picked up a couple of Halo Mako3's as replacements. Whoa, I might just have found my new favorite midrange. :D

I know a few folks had recommended the Mako3, so thanks!

Mako3 is taking a lot of throws from the Hex, so I might switch to Reactor as my stable mid for a bit better separation.

Lost my last Origin while on the road so I picked up a couple of Halo Mako3's as replacements. Whoa, I might just have found my new favorite midrange. :D

I know a few folks had recommended the Mako3, so thanks!

Mako3 is taking a lot of throws from the Hex, so I might switch to Reactor as my stable mid for a bit better separation.

This is blasphemous! :p

Usually carry 9 to 12 discs, depending on the course.

Distance:
157 Neutron Wave: Main distance driver, slightly understable and remarkably straight, flicks nicely. On windy days I may add a more beefy N Wave.
153 Fission Insanity: Understable but controllable, and just as long as my distance drivers so that's what I'm calling it.

Fairway:
157 Star TL: Nearly stable and workable.
152 G* Leopard: New to the bag and predictably understable, so I'm testing whether the Star Hawkeye still has a role.

Midrange:
167 Neutron Hex: Do-it-alll stable and workable midrange. Sometimes I carry a Reactor instead, and sometimes I carry both. Still working that out.
171 Neo Origin: Neutral to understable. I use this often for woods approaches that are beyond putter range.

Putters:
171 Electron Soft Proxy: Main putter, understable approach.
172 Electron Soft Envy: Straight-stable approach disc.
172 Medium Harp: Overstable approach, headwind putts

Been a while, so here is a spring update:

153 Fission Wave in, Neutron Wave out. The new batch of Neutron Waves are domey and more stable than I want. Fission Waves are closer to the old Neutron Waves, but not quite as reliable in a headwind.

152 G* Leopard back in, after throwing G* Roadrunners for a while. A slower disc fits my understable fairway slot better, especially as my throws get shorter. 🙁

171 XT Pro Mako3 in, Origin out. XT Mako3 fits that "longer putter" slot perfectly.

Otherwise everything is the same. Probably why I haven't updated for a while. 🤷‍♂️

That lightweight G* leopard intrigues me since I like G* plastic and I have a beat to snot pro leopard that will turn for days if I keep the nose down.

That lightweight G* leopard intrigues me since I like G* plastic and I have a beat to snot pro leopard that will turn for days if I keep the nose down.

I could see a G* Leo replacing a beat Pro. Doesn't take too much seasoning before it flips up and drifts gently right, even at my increasingly modest distance

Had a couple of *TLs flip on my in the spring winds (and probably bad form) so I tossed a Neutron Inertia in the bag for the first time in years. Whoa!

I remember why the Inertia was my main distance driver for so many years. Hmm, this could cause a driver shake-up. 🤔

Had a couple of *TLs flip on my in the spring winds (and probably bad form) so I tossed a Neutron Inertia in the bag for the first time in years. Whoa!

I remember why the Inertia was my main distance driver for so many years. Hmm, this could cause a driver shake-up. 🤔
Oooh you got my attention! It is a truly great disc, it makes me want to revisit mine as well, but I was having trouble getting my 158 fission Rhythm up to speed yesterday 😄 🤣 😂 f@#!...

I know it was the wave dabbling that shelved mine after a solid 4 yr run as my main driver.

Oooh you got my attention! It is a truly great disc, it makes me want to revisit mine as well, but I was having trouble getting my 158 fission Rhythm up to speed yesterday 😄 🤣 😂 f@#!...

I know it was the wave dabbling that shelved mine after a solid 4 yr run as my main driver.

I am sadly familiar with not getting drivers up to speed. 😞

Yeah the Neutron Inertia made me realize just how much I missed my old Neutron (or even Plasma) Waves. Perhaps I can use my Fission Insanity to replace the Fizz Waves.

Heck I might just go Inertia - Insanity - Leopard. I would love to simplify my drivers.

Yeah I always have a soft spot for the wave but trying to pick the right weight/plastic and angle for the extra 30' magic shot kinda lost out to a wider margin of error forgiveness and landing in the fairway... whatever disc that may be. The waves fun for dubs but not smart for me in a solo tourney, i dont always get it up to speed.

I'm still more likely to pack my stupid fission octane though, same kinda distance and a more reliable fade.

I wish the inertia would get more love.