• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 19.99 Zipper top CE Rhynos?!

any chance that the mold for the rhyno they've been producing until this year has cracked or broken and they've had to make a new one???

conspiracy theories man.
you cant fake the feel of a ce rhyno.

All I'm saying is that when someone is trying to sell me something I like to ask questions, thats all. And I don't just believe what they are saying..

If they are not reproduction, then all unused old releases should be brought down to what these are being sold for, correct?

Last edited:
you guys just think its so unbelievable that someone would fudge the truth to turn a profit, thats all. its possible to make a product so identical to a past product nowadays. And i know DGV is a separate business from Innova, but Mark IS head of sales for Innova West...

Thats not true at all. I believe most people fudge the truth. The evidence is overwhelming that these are 2002 era CE Rhyno Zipper tops.

I think it is amazing you find it more likely that they were able to reblend the CE plastic (which is impossible as the stuff doesnt exist anymore) and made a new mold JUST to let Mark lie for a few dollars profit.

I'm going to say this once.

Innova has boxes of old discs (unstamped) that if people are willing to pay for it, they can be stamped with whatever you want. look at ZAM and the three a/o ce rhynos and the modern CE Aviar that was produced for x tournament. I don't understand why someone who works for innova would put their reputation and their shop's reputation on the line by making false claims. that just doesn't make sense. it's not like they're selling them for 50-60 bucks like an old school ce rhyno would fetch you, they're selling them for $20... a whole $5 above retail for champion.

You outright said its not true and basically we are simple minded fools for believing it.

The only confirmation you have is from people comparing the two and a statement from the guy selling the product. If its exactly the same as the old release, regardless of if its a reproduction or not its just as good as the old zippertops. But some of you guys NEED to have that old plastic, so it makes it sell like hotcakes if you say that its exactly the same as the old mold.

it's not like they're selling them for 50-60 bucks like an old school ce rhyno would fetch you, they're selling them for $20... a whole $5 above retail for champion.

This is the entire reason why I question the legitimacy of the new release. It doesn't make sense.

And maybe 20 is what a zippertop rhyno is actually worth, why anyone would pay more is craziness

This is the entire reason why I question the legitimacy of the new release. It doesn't make sense

It makes more sense that they are selling them for 25$ rather then for 60$. They sound hundreds. If they found 1 or 2 mark may have asked 50. But he has boxes. he knows the value is alot less when you are flooding the market.

The only confirmation you have is from people comparing the two and a statement from the guy selling the product. If its exactly the same as the old release, regardless of if its a reproduction or not its just as good as the old zippertops. But some of you guys NEED to have that old plastic, so it makes it sell like hotcakes if you say that its exactly the same as the old mold.

Confirmation from plastic whores and plastic addicts who fondle and deal plastic everyday. i would trust some of the people heres opinions on discs more then anyone in the world. If Apdrvya and co. say so i believe it.

If they are not reproduction, then all unused old releases should be brought down to what these are being sold for, correct?

like any market when you add more it does lower the price. Works with every market from precious metals to cereal. I'm sure it will drop for a bit and rebound.

^^

some people may like bettsjc never believe they are ce 2002 zipper old stocks and the real stamped old stocks will hold their value.

I mean, how do you think mcdonalds keeps putting out the mcrib year after year, by making new ones?? I think not...

If they are, in fact, the same, they should be valued the same, as they are THE SAME.

As I just said the value comes from the buyers. if half the buyers dont believe they are old stock they there is no value. Also people know what these were bought for so the value is based off of that. When there is still these discs selling on DGV for 25$ each no on can ask 50$.

But in 2-3 years when they are all gone their value can and will jump. But it will never be equal to old stamped old stock because people will pay more for the old stamps or they still may be doubts in some peoples minds.

Come on, you should be smarter then this man.