• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 19.99 Zipper top CE Rhynos?!

There is no way this is true. I hate to say this for all you seekers of rare, oop plastic that your stock is about to go down...way down! Its a marketing ploy, aimed at taking in more money, and it looks like its working.

It is always possible to mold the same disc with the same plastic formula they have in the past. The only reason they went from CE to Champ plastic in the first place is because of the benifits. CE is just sought after because some prefered the grip, wear level and flexibility....or because some of you think its so cool to jam your bag packed with rare plastic because it makes you better than the guy who throws all stock production discs.

What I'm trying to say is that if you did like the old CE Zippertop Rhynos then you may like this one as well, but that doesn't mean it was molded in 2002. It could be the same disc, without actually being the same disc. Some of you just better hope these aren't mass produced, as your stockpile will drop in value.

Supply and demand...supply and demand...

There is no way this is true. I hate to say this for all you seekers of rare, oop plastic that your stock is about to go down...way down! Its a marketing ploy, aimed at taking in more money, and it looks like its working.

It is always possible to mold the same disc with the same plastic formula they have in the past. The only reason they went from CE to Champ plastic in the first place is because of the benifits. CE is just sought after because some prefered the grip, wear level and flexibility....or because some of you think its so cool to jam your bag packed with rare plastic because it makes you better than the guy who throws all stock production discs.

What I'm trying to say is that if you did like the old CE Zippertop Rhynos then you may like this one as well, but that doesn't mean it was molded in 2002. It could be the same disc, without actually being the same disc. Some of you just better hope these aren't mass produced, as your stockpile will drop in value.

Supply and demand...supply and demand...

Why is there "no way it is true" Mark is a reputable dealer in rare oop limtied stuff. They have been confirmed by people who own old stock original stamps.

You really think its easy for them to blend the old plastics again? Well I hate to say its not. Once they have no more plastic its hard for them to get more of it. Especially the older stuff like CE.

Do you even understand what a zipper top is? It means it has the concentric circles on the disc from the mold. This ONLY happens when the mold is brand new and happens for the first few runs.

So are you claiming its easier to believe that they built a brand new Rhyno mold and blended the exact blend of CE they had in the 2002 era just to trick us then it is to believe Mark and Innova found a few boxes in their huge warehouse of old stock Zipper top CE Rhynos and sold them to Mark?

Ya thats a good one.

Why is there "no way it is true" Mark is a reputable dealer in rare oop limtied stuff. They have been confirmed by people who own old stock original stamps.

You really think its easy for them to blend the old plastics again? Well I hate to say its not. Once they have no more plastic its hard for them to get more of it. Especially the older stuff like CE.

Do you even understand what a zipper top is? It means it has the concentric circles on the disc from the mold. This ONLY happens when the mold is brand new and happens for the first few runs.

So are you claiming its easier to believe that they built a brand new Rhyno mold and blended the exact blend of CE they had in the 2002 era just to trick us then it is to believe Mark and Innova found a few boxes in their huge warehouse of old stock Zipper top CE Rhynos and sold them to Mark?

Ya thats a good one.

LMAO,

You guys can believe what you want. It could very well be true that these were magically "found", whether they were misplaced or held aside for a later release. I'd believe the latter personally.

About the plastic, its a formula. Plastic is completely man-made, and can be duplicated years later. And yes, I understand what a zipper top is and how it comes to be. You are speaking as if a new mold would be soooooo hard to make.

I think its funny how you suggest that just its "easier" to "find" a box of old discs rather than produce new ones of the same specs. Innova, along with all companies, are trying to make every dime they can. Does the story that they molded new ones seem so far fetched?

I guess I'm not trying to say you guys have been duped, just sayin you believe anything. Just sayin...

So lemme ask you this. they released some in 2011 that they "found", why did they save more? how many have they "found" and how long do they plan to release this "found" inventory?

I'm not saying these aren't an old mold, but its just hard to believe in a day where companies would do anything to turn a buck

LMAO,

You guys can believe what you want. It could very well be true that these were magically "found", whether they were misplaced or held aside for a later release. I'd believe the latter personally.

About the plastic, its a formula. Plastic is completely man-made, and can be duplicated years later. And yes, I understand what a zipper top is and how it comes to be. You are speaking as if a new mold would be soooooo hard to make.

I think its funny how you suggest that just its "easier" to "find" a box of old discs rather than produce new ones of the same specs. Innova, along with all companies, are trying to make every dime they can. Does the story that they molded new ones seem so far fetched?

I guess I'm not trying to say you guys have been duped, just sayin you believe anything. Just sayin...

Yes, it IS hard and expensive to create a new mold. They cost alot of money and yes they CAN find the right formula for a blend of plastic but i dont think you understand how hard it would be to create that blend once the company they buy it from closes down or moves to a new type of plastic. There is a reason they dont make CE discs anymore.

If this was innova tricking us why would mark be the one with the couple of boxes? Why would Innova just put these into production since they are so perfect. It seems like it would be a poor business model to make the bext Champ Rhynos they have had in years and hand them to mark to profit off of.

Its clear you dont know alot about plastics and molds and business. I dont claim to either but I certainly know enough to understand how much more likely it is to find 2-3 boxes in a warehouse full of hundreds then it is to magically re blend an extinct blend and make a brand new mold.

I'm not saying these aren't an old mold, but its just hard to believe in a day where companies would do anything to turn a buck

Innova isnt selling these, Mark is. Why wouldnt innova just release these as Factory Store discs since they have figured out (in your magical scenario) to reblend the old CE plastic and have a brand new zipper top mold? If they can make thousands why didnt they sellt hem on the Factory store where they can charge full price and not lose money with dealer pricings?

I think the biggest issue with CE is that the CE blend isn't around anymore.. one of the component pieces to making the plastic isn't made anymore and thus true ce isn't made anymore. the other thing. are you trying to say they made a brand new mold to make these. I mean, zipper top doesn't exist unless the mold has just been turned...

If there were only a few boxes found I would believe them to sell for the amount that a new Zippertop Rhyno would sell for right now, which is more than what DGV is selling them for

I think the biggest issue with CE is that the CE blend isn't around anymore.. one of the component pieces to making the plastic isn't made anymore and thus true ce isn't made anymore. the other thing. are you trying to say they made a brand new mold to make these. I mean, zipper top doesn't exist unless the mold has just been turned...

how much does it cost to make a mold for a disc?

If there were only a few boxes found I would believe them to sell for the amount that a new Zippertop Rhyno would sell for right now, which is more than what DGV is selling them for

Mark is in it for profit but not for price gouging. You are just grasping at straws here. Every one who has said they are true CE Rhyno zippers

how much does it cost to make a mold for a disc?

enough to not be cost effective... it has to be milled down and is used for a long time before it is scrapped. hell some pieces of the leopard mold still have the CAL on them, every leo ever made (until recently) had the CAL instead of CA

you guys just think its so unbelievable that someone would fudge the truth to turn a profit, thats all. its possible to make a product so identical to a past product nowadays. And i know DGV is a separate business from Innova, but Mark IS head of sales for Innova West...

enough to not be cost effective... it has to be milled down and is used for a long time before it is scrapped. hell some pieces of the leopard mold still have the CAL on them, every leo ever made (until recently) had the CAL instead of CA

any chance that the mold for the rhyno they've been producing until this year has cracked or broken and they've had to make a new one???

Good thing do happen in life sometimes, looking at it negatively or sa ying you are getting hustled or cheated or tricked is the road to a bitter life, they are true zippertop, it did happen, and the prices are reasonable, hence a good thing happened :)