• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 19.99 Zipper top CE Rhynos?!

Anyone bitching about the new Discraft bar stamp buzzes or any other custom stamped discs is being silly. Team members have been custom stamping discs from Innova and Discraft for years. That is why there are sharks with roc stamps, firebirds with birdie stamps, etc etc etc.

It is part of the perks of being on the team. Team members are allowed to custom stamp discs if they go to the factory. Don't be mad. These new runs will be very limited as well.

Anyone bitching about the new Discraft bar stamp buzzes or any other custom stamped discs is being silly. Team members have been custom stamping discs from Innova and Discraft for years. That is why there are sharks with roc stamps, firebirds with birdie stamps, etc etc etc.

It is part of the perks of being on the team. Team members are allowed to custom stamp discs if they go to the factory. Don't be mad. These new runs will be very limited as well.

Well this post seems abit off topic.

But the barstamp buzzes are shady. These are not,t hey are CFR stamped old stock. They are clear about what it is.

You are right. That is because Mark Molnar is the sales manager of Innova West. So you could assume that discgolfvalues is actually just a subsidiary of Innova. Which means that Yes he probably does have tons of boxes of stuff that he has put aside to make money off of in the future.

I'm not a Rhyno expert and I have not thrown them for a long time.

However, when I saw this thread yesterday it reminded me that I have had a couple of 'em in storage for a while. I found 1 old white pro as well as the orange champ you can see in the pics attached here.

The circles are visible throughout the top of this disc and you can clearly hear the zipper sound effect when you run your finger over it. FWIW, I also asked my wife to give it the zipper test and she heard it as well.

What are the chances this is a Zipper top CE?

From your description it sounds like one. I've had a few pink stock stamps, and I think I've had yellow and orange too. There are champ rhynos that have the concentric circles faintly along the thumbtrak but not towards the middle of the disc, but a ce rhyno will have them all the way through the plate. Yours looks like it has concentric circles all the way through.

You are right. That is because Mark Molnar is the sales manager of Innova West. So you could assume that discgolfvalues is actually just a subsidiary of Innova. Which means that Yes he probably does have tons of boxes of stuff that he has put aside to make money off of in the future.

I used to buy discs from Mark when he worked at DTW 20 years ago.
I'm sure, since DTW got the first picks from Innova back then, that he's been hoarding good stuff at least that long. :)

I don't understand how inventory control can be so difficult. I worked in a precision sheet metal fabrication shop that had over a 100 customers, managed a few million dollars of inventory with so many varying revisions of parts that it would make your head spin and my worst quarterly inventory was off by 1.8% (which got me a write up). Innova could hire me and I could have their inventory in perfect shape within 2 weeks. Come on Innova, you can email me anytime and I'd gladly accept the position.

I don't understand how inventory control can be so difficult. I worked in a precision sheet metal fabrication shop that had over a 100 customers, managed a few million dollars of inventory with so many varying revisions of parts that it would make your head spin and my worst quarterly inventory was off by 1.8% (which got me a write up). Innova could hire me and I could have their inventory in perfect shape within 2 weeks. Come on Innova, you can email me anytime and I'd gladly accept the position.

disc golfers are pot heads and scumbags or the most part. pretty sure they hire the same type of people.

disc golfers are pot heads and scumbags or the most part. pretty sure they hire the same type of people.

Just like the NBA players are all Gangster thugs and NASCAR is all Rednecks and MLB is all white boys. Right?

I managed inventory at an Apple store for 4 years. Fun job , lots of $$$ in inventory, and at our best we were only .25% off from 100 % in inventory.

but managing discs sounds a lot easier

Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
Just like the NBA players are all Gangster thugs and NASCAR is all Rednecks and MLB is all white boys. Right?

bonner.jpg

Last edited:
Back to the thread...
Hadnt been to Japan Open Sight in a while. Bought 2 Rhynos, Glow XD, 3 Glow Teebirds, 2 Glow Eagle-x.

Latest posts