• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Worlds DVD

A 2-dvd set of 2012 footage (over 3.5 hrs, including Finals action and earlier round highlights) will be available in a few days or so through the PDGA. Price is set at $10, including shipping. Details will follow. For those who want more, I'll also make available all of my footage as a package (the same Finals footage plus the full extent of what I shot during the eight early rounds I covered). Pricing TBD on the full set, probably in the $40 range. Footage has already been captured and I'm working on mastering the DVDs. I'm calling these packages Rough Cuts since the footage is unedited with a little bit of live commentary. Not the polished final product that takes months to complete, but something ready and available for folks who want to see something of what happened in Charlotte.

Proceeds from this project support PDGA Media efforts.

Best regards,

Joe

So this is all footage that you shot, or does it include some of the discgolfplanet stuff? I love DGL, just curious if it will be some of the same footage that we watched on DGP.tv.

I love it. DGL is releasing a DVD a couple weeks after the event. However, those behind the 2011 event have had more than a year, and still can't get it together. Kudos to you DGL!

A 2-dvd set of 2012 footage (over 3.5 hrs, including Finals action and earlier round highlights) will be available in a few days or so through the PDGA. Price is set at $10, including shipping. Details will follow. For those who want more, I'll also make available all of my footage as a package (the same Finals footage plus the full extent of what I shot during the eight early rounds I covered). Pricing TBD on the full set, probably in the $40 range. Footage has already been captured and I'm working on mastering the DVDs. I'm calling these packages Rough Cuts since the footage is unedited with a little bit of live commentary. Not the polished final product that takes months to complete, but something ready and available for folks who want to see something of what happened in Charlotte.

Proceeds from this project support PDGA Media efforts.

Best regards,

Joe

Awesome, can't wait to check it out.

When I heard there were no plans for an event DVD and knew I'd be there shooting anyway, I thought this would be a win/win. Brian Graham was quick to support the concept and the PDGA is on board to provide most of the marketing. Once the folks at HQ recover from a big week at worlds, we''ll make the Rough Cuts DVDs available through the PDGA website. DVDs are being mastered and I can start duplicating those soon and ship shortly thereafter.

Joe

seems this process is not terribly difficult. no RATM needed for this DVD?

bravo on getting the product to the consumers while its still relevant.:thmbup:

So this is all footage that you shot, or does it include some of the discgolfplanet stuff? I love DGL, just curious if it will be some of the same footage that we watched on DGP.tv.

There is no overlap except during several holes of final round footage, primarily afternoon stuff. Sometimes this will be more or less the same camera position, otherwise opposite end, typically.

I taped two pools a day, morning and afternoon. Usually selected a decent hole for shooting and taped several lead cards coming through before picking up the lead card for several holes. Most of the footage is of the pro divisions but there are some Ams represented as well.

Back to it.

Joe

seems this process is not terribly difficult. no RATM needed for this DVD?

bravo on getting the product to the consumers while its still relevant.:thmbup:

Same DVD production system I've used at other Worlds and the USDGCs for years. Nothing fancy. DVR with burner and DVD duplicators.

Joe

Footage from the 2012 PDGA World Championships in Charlotte, NC is now available and ready to ship. Place your order today.

A crew from Disc Golf Live video magazine was on the scene all week, capturing action from a variety of divisions as well as extensive Finals footage. The best of the early round action plus the Finals footage is offered as a two-DVD set totaling over three and a half hours of coverage. For those who just can't get enough disc golf on video, a five-DVD set is also offered. This package includes the original two-DVD set, and the full five hours of early round footage.

The DVD set is titled Rough Cuts since this video has not been through the costly and time-consuming process of editing. There is some limited commentary during the footage, but the on-camera action tells the story. Worlds 2012 Rough Cuts DVDs are delivered in envelopes. There's nothing fancy about our packaging and duplication system, which helps keep your cost down.

The Worlds 2012 Rough Cuts 2-DVD set is available for $10 ($12 international orders).

The Worlds 2012 Rough Cuts Complete 5-DVD set is available for $36 ($40 international orders).

Proceeds from this offer will help to benefit other PDGA Media initiatives.
Rough Cuts DVDs are also available to PDGA TDs and Affiliated Clubs at wholesale prices. Contact us for details.

Here is a run-down of the coverage:

Tuesday footage: FPM, FPG at Eastway, MPS at Sugaw
Wednesday footage: MPG at Idlewild, MG1 at Reedy Creek
Thursday footage: MA1 at Angry Beaver, MPO at Renny
Friday footge: FPO at Eastway, MPM at Renny
Saturday Finals footage: All groups where a Final was contested

Two ways to order your DVD today:

1)Send money through PayPal to [email protected] (Please make sure to include your correct address and a note in the message box stating your payment is for the 2012 Worlds DVD)
2)Call the PDGA office and order over the phone, 706-261-6342. (Monday through Saturday from 9:00am until 5:00pm)

Here's a sample:

Joe

Well done. You will probably smash the competition by releasing the video while the footage is still relevent.

Here is a run-down of the coverage:

Tuesday footage: FPM, FPG at Eastway, MPS at Sugaw
Wednesday footage: MPG at Idlewild, MG1 at Reedy Creek
Thursday footage: MA1 at Angry Beaver, MPO at Renny
Friday footge: FPO at Eastway, MPM at Renny
Saturday Finals footage: All groups where a Final was contested

Here's a observation for the future efforts. MM1 and MG1 are both divisions that have a great deal of disposable income (just look at all the $200 carts in those divisions). Also, parents of all the juniors probably have the desire and means to buy as well. I see you got a round of MG1, but not the others. I know resources are limited... Just a thought.

I just ordered the 5 Disc set. The raw footage idea is great. I'm probably good for the finished product as well, but I may enjoy the raw version more...

Thanks for the suggestions and support. I'm hoping this approach to event videos is supported by our players and I'll be able to refine strategy as I shoot more in this style. It will be a few months before I get to work on editing any of this footage, but eventually I'll get some stories into episodes of Disc Golf Live and will be posting those online as usual, as well as broadcast on tv at stations across the country.

Thanks again,

Joe

Here's a observation for the future efforts. MM1 and MG1 are both divisions that have a great deal of disposable income (just look at all the $200 carts in those divisions). Also, parents of all the juniors probably have the desire and means to buy as well. I see you got a round of MG1, but not the others. I know resources are limited... Just a thought.

I will second this as I think the Juniors (especially >10) are fun to watch. The oldest divisions and the youngest seem to be the ones that have the most fun. It's nice to see people that just enjoy playing.

Joe, thanks for puting this out so quickly.

No...the PDGA was supposed to be putting it out (I pre-paid them right after Worlds last year), but have yet to receive it or hear anything about it. :(

Tim S.

I did the same and totally forgot about it. Then they mentioned during the worlds this year, I immediately emailed the PDGA about it and have yet to hear anything back from them. :wall:

Anybody with any info on the 2011 dvd? the pdga store says the dvd should ship in september, and here we are. any info would be appreciated

I have recently signed up for a membership, and on the form it had an option to purchase the 2011 DVD. Of course I didn't, but the option was there :thmbup: