• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

I watch very few movies in the theaters, but if I am going to I will go to the 3D showing. :D I'll be throwing the disc a week from today, I'm pretty excited about that, I'm hoping it is very similiar to the Z storm that I carry in the bag.

Interesting that you talk about the z storm. It was one of my first disc, And it is awesome. I had a 150g and it flew more stable than a leopard to me. I could hyzer flip it, it would keep a nice long hyzer and would anhyzer just fine as well. I gave it to a new player who hit the chains for an ace on his first drive with it, that was his first day of disc golf as well... Anyway, good disc that doesn't get much love.

To stay on topic, I am looking forward for an ace race in my area. i went last year and it was a lot of fun. I kinda like the small bag they gave away last year though... Perfect for my wife and new players.

Last edited:
My first ace race is next weekend. I'm stoked for it! Do we get to pick the weights of our discs, or just take what we are given?

Does anyone know of any ace races within an hour of two of Champaign-Urbana, IL that a guy could still sign up for? I just moved to the area and didn't find the page for a couple ace races close to me until it was too late to sign up :(

My first ace race is next weekend. I'm stoked for it! Do we get to pick the weights of our discs, or just take what we are given?

Technically, you don't get to pick your weights. A lot of TDs will do their best to accomodate you though, but we just get the players packs. We would have to open them all, take out all the discs, and organize them for people to get exactly what they want. The easier path is to just show up to the check-in early and check the stickered weight on the players packs to get a set that matches closer to what you want.

Technically, you don't get to pick your weights. A lot of TDs will do their best to accomodate you though, but we just get the players packs. We would have to open them all, take out all the discs, and organize them for people to get exactly what they want. The easier path is to just show up to the check-in early and check the stickered weight on the players packs to get a set that matches closer to what you want.

Right on. Thank you sir!

Our local Ace Race TD would always try and accomidate weight requests by letting those who sign up first and/or check in the earliest pick out their weights. Seems like a reasonable way to encourage people to not wait till the last minute.

Ours is usually like that too, the TD puts out stacks by weight, first come first serve to pick two discs from the piles.

Here's the calendar of all the ace races, I don't see anything all that close to you.

Some of the Ace Races might not be listed yet. There are TDs who who register their Ace Race less than a month in advance, and we're still three months from the end of October. So even if you don't see an event listed in your area, there may be a TD planning one who just hasn't registered it yet. Be sure to ask around your local area before you plan to drive an hour or more from home.

Ours is usually like that too, the TD puts out stacks by weight, first come first serve to pick two discs from the piles.

This is how my club has always done it. It works great, and motivates the "picky" players to show up and sign in early.

Some of the Ace Races might not be listed yet. There are TDs who who register their Ace Race less than a month in advance, and we're still three months from the end of October. So even if you don't see an event listed in your area, there may be a TD planning one who just hasn't registered it yet. Be sure to ask around your local area before you plan to drive an hour or more from home.

I am actually living in a little town about 20 min from Champaign-Urbana, most people don't know what it is, so I usually just tell people I live by Champaign-Urbana. To get to any course that is 18 holes, I have to drive 45 min, and that one's ace race is already all filled up cuz I found out about it too late to be able to register.

Had a chance to hold the disc today. It feels great I don't have a need for it in my bag, but I can see it giving a Buzzz a run for it money.

It feels like a midrange. about the same rim thickness as the Impact, or Glide. Now Discraft considers those "fairway drivers," so technically it would be. Holding it, it feels like a midrange to me. (I would call the stalker a fairway driver).