• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

If your event has very few aces, you set up the course way too long. It's a whole lot more fun to have lots of people acing and the winner to come in with 3+ aces than to have a winner with 1 ace or a winner decided by metal hits.

True, last year the winner here had 1 Ace 1 Metal. Thought there shoulda been more Aces!

Thanks for the info everyone...i would imagine certain courses would shorten holes that makes since

They do. This is the first year with a driver though.. Usually it's between 150ft-250ft I believe.

The Ace Race that I am running over here in Eastern Washington is already 100 competitors strong. It will be on the 11th of August, and all of the holes will be 100' to 150', with a bit shorter for the youngsters. My atmosphere this year is going to be carnival like, lots of side games and such.

I feel this is the purpose for the Ace Race, lots of fun for those that do not usually compete.

The disc seems very compelling to me, I cannot wait to see the results of our long drive contest. :clap:

Perhaps I can post some feedback after the event. :thmbup:

Shawn

The Ace Race that I am running over here in Eastern Washington is already 100 competitors strong. It will be on the 11th of August, and all of the holes will be 100' to 150', with a bit shorter for the youngsters. My atmosphere this year is going to be carnival like, lots of side games and such.

I feel this is the purpose for the Ace Race, lots of fun for those that do not usually compete.

The disc seems very compelling to me, I cannot wait to see the results of our long drive contest. :clap:

Shawn

Yeah mine are all gonna 180-250 according to the site of the group thats running mine. I figure it will have a little over 50 people, we have one about 2 hours are so away going down the same day so.

Remember it is an "ace race", not a long putt off with a driver competition. there will be fewer aces this year being a driver, but the ones you hit will actually be closer to a real ace, imo. I'm setting some of my holes much longer this year being a driver. However my longest holes will have a shorter junior/womens tee.

True, last year the winner here had 1 Ace 1 Metal. Thought there shoulda been more Aces!

Exactly, the one I played last year was won by someone with 3 aces and 7 metals, there were 3 other players with 3 aces and several with 1 to 2 aces. I brought a brand new player who had only played 2 9 hole rounds before and she was able to hit metal twice, that's a whole lot more fun than showing up and not being able to reach any of the holes as a beginner or a kid.

I'm a tree magnet thrower, so I'm very interested to see how this new disc performs after I bang it off a tree three or four times at Phantom Falls (I know it's gonna happen)

Shawn

This is a good plan, IMHO.
It's all about the fun. We encourage players to bring out the girlfriends, kids, spouses; any kind of family. We try to have a good mix of holes that are long for the good players and short for the kids and family.
Last year the winner had 5 or 6 Aces.
Not everyone's cup of tea, but I've played in a couple Ace Races where the winner had one or two aces. It really wasn't that much fun.:\

The TD for our Ace Race at Bellamy Park has been saying to expect 150ft shots to maximize ace chances. Should be good times!

The TD for our Ace Race at Bellamy Park has been saying to expect 150ft shots to maximize ace chances. Should be good times!

Are you going to come out to the one at Top O the Hill too? It shouldn't be too much of a drive for you.

Last year we had a couple 60' holes. He was determined to get some aces on the board. He said this year's course will definitely be longer, but I expect he'll still leave some fairly short ones out there.

Are you going to come out to the one at Top O the Hill too? It shouldn't be too much of a drive for you.

Last year we had a couple 60' holes. He was determined to get some aces on the board. He said this year's course will definitely be longer, but I expect he'll still leave some fairly short ones out there.

I'd be tempted. When is it? When would I need to sign up by?

My players packs should be here shortly, ill have my review and description up later today. I feel like a little kid the day before christmas!

Disc is cool, no way it's shorter then a stalker, maybe just a touch slower. I got it out 300' on the bubble each throw. Nice straight flight with very little fade (thrown at 6500').

The minis are nicer then the one in the facebook photo, we got 7 different prints.

On a sour note, they screwed up counting the water bottles for my order, only got 3/4 of them. As well as less then half the flags I needed too...

Also, it's beadless for those who asked. The disc looks just like a mid, but definetly flew further. we got 90% yellow/chartreuse all 164 to 172 and the rest a redish orange weighing 170 to 172.

Latest posts