• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

Any ideas on the general amount of people who show up for an Ace Race and a general idea of upfront cost?

Too many variables to give a general number of people. Going to depend on the area, course, amount of marketing, date picked (other disc golf events), repeat event with repeat players, etc.....

Upfront cost for a player is $25. Upfront cost for a TD is $18 per player pack plus shipping. Shipping will generally be $1-2 per pack depending on number shipped and distance from Disraft. I recently ordered 22 packs shipped to Texas and it was $1.96 for shipping per pack. Last year when I ordered 80 packs it was about $1.50 shipping per pack.

you haven't seen a pic of the players pack? 2 z discs, water bottle, mini sticker and sunglasses?
487992_10151028183928644_888382201_n.jpg
Works for me...

I've heard the disc is a lot like the River.. But it's on the heavier side.. So It's just a more controlled River?? This disc is going to be very interesting. Will it fit by the Teebird and River in my bag? Who knows but it will be better then last year.

This and Ti clearly show how much Latitude is making the other manufacturers shake in their boots.

That is very true. Ti hasn't been as great as Gold Line though.. Just not the same. Discraft has needed a top Fairway Driver for a long time. Nothing to fight the Leopard, River, or Teebird with.

I'm looking at it on my phone and the edge looked more pronounced than it did on my computer. You are correct again 3p.

I've heard the disc is a lot like the River.. But it's on the heavier side.. So It's just a more controlled River?? This disc is going to be very interesting. Will it fit by the Teebird and River in my bag? Who knows but it will be better then last year.

I read somewhere that Mark Ellis called it a Comet top with a driver bottom. Not sure of the exact quote, but in essence this was his opinion and not a statement of fact of how the disc is made.

Either way, I trust his assessment, and if this is the case it definitely sounds like how a heavy River flies. Throw them at about 75 percent power and they will be deadly accurate. Our Ace Race in Becker is now less than a week away. I guess we will find out then.

not sure why, but i have a feeling people are gonna like this disc.

People are sick of warp speed drivers promising more distance and not necessarily living up to that hype. Yes, they may be getting more overall distance, but they are still just as far away from the basket, just now to the left or right instead of in front of it.

I think people are wising up that accuracy is just as important as distance, maybe even more so if they are not top Advance or Open players. That is why Latitude and Westside has seen so much love recently. You can power down, concentrate on accuracy and release point, and still maintain that distance because of its glide. If it were not for how dialed in I have my TeeBirds and Rocs, my bag could easily be all Scandinavian.

However, not every store carries Lat or WS, and or not every store can carry them at a price a player may consider reasonable for a disc they may lose. That is where this Discraft disc comes in. Most stores carry Z from 13 to 16 while Opto is 14 to 20. Plus, if this disc is a success, they can manufacture it in X or D, base plastic that is not really cost effective for Lat or WS to always ship over here.

Agreed Russell. I look forward to throwing this. It's such a great deal for $25. The water bottle is much better than the hat

I read somewhere that Mark Ellis called it a Comet top with a driver bottom. Not sure of the exact quote, but in essence this was his opinion and not a statement of fact of how the disc is made.

Either way, I trust his assessment, and if this is the case it definitely sounds like how a heavy River flies. Throw them at about 75 percent power and they will be deadly accurate. Our Ace Race in Becker is now less than a week away. I guess we will find out then.

I will not be going to Becker.. I'm going to wait till October to do my ace race.

not sure why, but i have a feeling people are gonna like this disc.

Me too. I bet it gets more love then the Zeppelin. :D

So, it's late and I couldn't find a definitive answer so I'm just gonna ask. Are we getting a bag this year? I keep seeing it mentioned but not in the player pack. Sorry for asking a question that I'm sure already has been answered.

So, it's late and I couldn't find a definitive answer so I'm just gonna ask. Are we getting a bag this year? I keep seeing it mentioned but not in the player pack. Sorry for asking a question that I'm sure already has been answered.

The grand prize is a discraft bag with 8 discs.. The players pack does not include a bag. It is 2 discs, a mini, a water bottle, pair of UV sunglasses, & a sticker. Much better then last year.. Although the mini doesn't look as cool.

Yeah I am excited to try out the new disc! They have been saying its faster than a buzzz and slower than a stalker....ether way seems like it would be a good driver but wont know until I get my hands on it.

Just contacted the TD for the on im going to said they have 25 signed up already and we still have close to 3 week until it goes down so it should be a good turn out.

Kind of curious about the what the grand prize will be the only thing I know is LAST YEAR it was a bag with 8 new discs.

Read through as many pages of responses after the postings of the locations for the ace races, and they're all pretty far from me.. Wondering if any promoters would let me buy a player pack + shipping of course? Would be much appreciated! :D