• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Am Worlds, Emporia, KS

Sean - play Worlds dude!
If you haven't played Ottawa, you should at least check it out. It's not bad, not great, but not bad.

There is also a C-tier in Salina July 2nd.

That c-tier in salina is on a tuesday? Been wanting to play that course. I might look into that and see if I can make it work with my schedule.

Scarpfish, thanks for doing this. Very helpful. Some questions:
- On Jones West are the blue circles long baskets? If so, is #18 the only one that corresponds to the Worlds course map on DD's site?
I think I did them that way, but there might be an exception or two.

What is the red circle on #16?
There is a third super short position on that hole, but I've seldom seen it used.

What is par on the Worlds set-up?
- On Jones East what is Worlds par?
You will have to consult the map on the DD site for this info. I personally don't see JE set as a 64.

On Peter Pan would it be possible to get circles showing pin locations?
Yeah, I uploaded those a week or two ago and I knew I forgot to add something. Lemme see what I can do.

That c-tier in salina is on a tuesday? Been wanting to play that course. I might look into that and see if I can make it work with my schedule.
Its actually on Saturday the 6th (the day before Worlds week) if that matters.

Its actually on Saturday the 6th (the day before Worlds week) if that matters.

Thanks.

The 64 par listed for Jones East is the par for the "gold" layout. The course from the long tees which is what it's set up for now plays as a par 61. Pretty sure that's how it was for the GBO too but I gave my player's book to an out of towner a while back.

Rough playing at Jones west today. Hot and mildly humid with a light breeze. Played for the shade but did long pins. 29 on the front nine and then I ran out of water. :eek:

Anybody know when the pool designations (for Adv, obviously) will be announced? I would like to know what days I'm playing twice and what my course order is. Thanks.

I know, it's real tough, especially being 10 days away, but I'm sure they have to make sure registration is complete so they only have to so jt once.

I'm so anxious it is unhealthy!

Tomorrow, Friday June 28th is the last day of registration for the 2013 PDGA Amateur and Junior World Championships including ALL ancillary events. There will be NO walk-up registration for ANY event. Tomorrow is also the last day for withdrawals to receive a full refund (minus the $10 handling fee.) Players withdrawing after tomorrow, Friday 6/28, will receive a player's package in the mail sometime after AM Worlds is concluded.

There is currently plenty of space available for teams in both the Amateur Mixed Doubles and the Junior Divisional Doubles competitions.

We currently have small waitlists for both MA1 and MM1. Spots that open up due to a withdrawal will be filled off the final 6/28 waitlist only through Friday, July 5th at which time the roster will be CLOSED.

Pools for AM Worlds will be posted on Monday July 1st. Requests for specific pool assignments are NOT being taken as pools will be assigned based on player ratings.

As of Thursday morning 6/27, the following spots for AM Worlds Singles Competition are available due to withdrawals:
MG1 – 6 spots

MS1 – 2 spots

FA1 - 1 spot

FM1 – 2 spots

FG1 – 1 spot

MJ1 – 1 spot

MJ3 – 1 spot

FJ2 – 2 spots

FJ3 – 1 spot

Note that all divisions are currently marked as "Waitlist" on the registration page - the available spots will be filled in the order that registrations are received and your credit card will only be charged if you get into the event. You must be a current PDGA member and Certified Official in order to register here Am Worlds Registration Page

http://www.pdga.com/pdga-worlds-update-am-pro

Tomorrow, Friday June 28th is the last day of registration for the 2013 PDGA Amateur and Junior World Championships including ALL ancillary events. There will be NO walk-up registration for ANY event. Tomorrow is also the last day for withdrawals to receive a full refund (minus the $10 handling fee.) Players withdrawing after tomorrow, Friday 6/28, will receive a player's package in the mail sometime after AM Worlds is concluded.

There is currently plenty of space available for teams in both the Amateur Mixed Doubles and the Junior Divisional Doubles competitions.

We currently have small waitlists for both MA1 and MM1. Spots that open up due to a withdrawal will be filled off the final 6/28 waitlist only through Friday, July 5th at which time the roster will be CLOSED.

Pools for AM Worlds will be posted on Monday July 1st. Requests for specific pool assignments are NOT being taken as pools will be assigned based on player ratings.

As of Thursday morning 6/27, the following spots for AM Worlds Singles Competition are available due to withdrawals:
MG1 – 6 spots

MS1 – 2 spots

FA1 - 1 spot

FM1 – 2 spots

FG1 – 1 spot

MJ1 – 1 spot

MJ3 – 1 spot

FJ2 – 2 spots

FJ3 – 1 spot

Note that all divisions are currently marked as "Waitlist" on the registration page - the available spots will be filled in the order that registrations are received and your credit card will only be charged if you get into the event. You must be a current PDGA member and Certified Official in order to register here Am Worlds Registration Page

http://www.pdga.com/pdga-worlds-update-am-pro

:clap:

Anybody know when the pool designations (for Adv, obviously) will be announced? I would like to know what days I'm playing twice and what my course order is. Thanks.

I would expect it to be:
A: Top 72 rated.
B: Middle 72 rated.
C: Bottom 72 rated.

But thats at most an educated guess. I have no affiliation to the tournament crew.

I would expect it to be:
A: Top 72 rated.
B: Middle 72 rated.
C: Bottom 72 rated.

But thats at most an educated guess. I have no affiliation to the tournament crew.

Pretty good guess thats what i assume

I have no affiliation either.

I would guess they are randomized for day 1 and 2 and then Flighted after Wednesday night Shuffle. Us old farts in MM1 just get to play together each and every day.

Three more work days after today and off for 11 days straight. This is going to be freaking awesome. I think I may cry.

Old farts ;-) guess i am one of those :)

Cant wait to get over and play... Just a 12 hour flight, and some jetlag, then i am ready ;-)

See some of you next saturday to some training sessions

Jesper Bendix / Denmark

I have no affiliation either.

I would guess they are randomized for day 1 and 2 and then Flighted after Wednesday night Shuffle. Us old farts in MM1 just get to play together each and every day.

Three more work days after today and off for 11 days straight. This is going to be freaking awesome. I think I may cry.

:D Fight back those tears. If you win a title with that red yeti pro I'm going to need a percentage. :|