• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

Back to sheer speculation about where this year's disc will/won't fit in Dicraft's line-up.
I say:
Speed: faster than a Putt'r, slower than a Force
Stability: somewhere between a Status and a Pred
Glide: more than a Rattler, less than a Comet

Either that or somewhere between an XL and a Stalker.
:p :p :p

Although I doubt that Discraft is taking a hit on the Ace Race players' pack, I can't imagine they're making a killing either.

I would imagine they consider it a sort of "loss leader".

Lots of newbies have started their disc golf addiction at an Ace Race, and it's much more lucrative in the long run for Discraft to put their discs in those new players' hands and build immediate loyalty than have them run to Innova.

Back to sheer speculation about where this year's disc will/won't fit in Dicraft's line-up.
I say:
Speed: faster than a Putt'r, slower than a Force
Stability: somewhere between a Status and a Pred
Glide: more than a Rattler, less than a Comet

Either that or somewhere between an XL and a Stalker.
:p :p :p

I'm guessing it's pretty understable, probably somewhere between an XL and Stratus.

It'll find its way into my bag if it's anything like my Amp.

I really wish they'd give the disc in 2 different plastics like the Focus and Zeppelin!...especially since I'm not a huge fan of Ti...

I for one am very excited about this. Beginners driver means understable to me and I'm a sucker for Ti discs. Not to mention all of the other stuff in there. I can't wait.

Just 10 more days until the first Ace Race in Michigan! Can't wait to fill up those pint glasses and see how understable they make me. :hfive:

I for one am very excited about this. Beginners driver means understable to me and I'm a sucker for Ti discs. Not to mention all of the other stuff in there. I can't wait.

Told y'all before.. less stable than a Stalker, and named to round out a nice set of fairway drivers:
- Predator
- Stalker
- rhymes with Chester (anyone remember those comics from Hustler)? ;)

Just 10 more days until the first Ace Race in Michigan! Can't wait to fill up those pint glasses and see how understable they make me. :hfive:

Hey,
I though I had looked at this quite a while back and could not make one. I see there is one at WaterWorks park. How do I get in on this Golden? I see a TD listed, do I just shoot him an email?

Never mind, I figured it out myself. Dang, I don't know what happened here. Maybe the pint glass would be a bad idea anyway. Have fun, man.

Last edited:
I think the rule is more about it not being fair to win a bag full of discs if you don't pay the same amount of money into that day's event as everyone else. How is it fair to slip the TD ten bucks that doesn't go to DC and then possibly win the event?

I think I'll just create a separate division with a separate grand prize for anyone who wants to play with discs from an earlier event...that way, I won't be in conflict with any of the existing rules as they are currently written, but I can still get those folks to come out and play both of my events (since repeat players usually ALWAYS buy into the Ace Revenge for another measly $10!)...2 winners announced, but if you're a repeat player you'll definitely have better odds at the grand prize, which will probably still be a bag with some discs, like an $80 value or so, and nobody who paid full price can complain. Win-effin-win.

Sounds like a good solution gonzo, no conflict with the rules and it still brings in those players that you want to attract that aren't a priority for Discraft.

Although I doubt that Discraft is taking a hit on the Ace Race players' pack, I can't imagine they're making a killing either.

I would imagine they consider it a sort of "loss leader".

Lots of newbies have started their disc golf addiction at an Ace Race, and it's much more lucrative in the long run for Discraft to put their discs in those new players' hands and build immediate loyalty than have them run to Innova.
I would guess it comes out of their advertising budget. Consider that they charge the TD $20 for the pack that we pay $25 for. So out of that $20 they provide 2 ultra-premium plastic discs, an ultra-premium mini, 2 plastic tumblers, 2 score cards and a decal.

On top of the money they spend on the swag, they have to do R/D on a disc that may or may not fill out a slot in their lineup. After all, after 10 discs, only 60% are still in production. Zombee, Hornet, Impact, Meteor, Focus and Glide are being run, Zepplin, Nebula, Slipstream, and Breeze have either been killed for years or were never run. Of the Ace Race discs only the Hornet and Meteor seem to have significant followings. So that's a lot of R/D money to burn for 2 commercial successes. I'm sure if you average it out, Discraft does OK out of the entire deal, but the Ace Race itself is probably an overall loss.

Hey,
I though I had looked at this quite a while back and could not make one. I see there is one at WaterWorks park. How do I get in on this Golden? I see a TD listed, do I just shoot him an email?

Never mind, I figured it out myself. Dang, I don't know what happened here. Maybe the pint glass would be a bad idea anyway. Have fun, man.

PM sent. ;)

Latest posts