• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

Never done an AR but it sounds like there are alot of temporary shortened holes. Some courses just have easy short holes, why not count them?

I really don't mean to seem like a DB, but the real answer is who cares?
If you want to count it, count it. If you don't, then don't. How many players are genuinely concerned with other players ace counts?

I would say an AR ace does not count unless it is from a short tee position that is always available for play. Otherwise some of them are just up shots basically. Bogeynomore has the better answer lol it's whatever you want it to be.

Does anyone not count aces during Ace Races on their lifetime ace list? We had a discussion in my group yesterday on this after I brought it up and everyone stated they counted them.

I do not count Ace Race aces as real aces because Ace Races are not really disc golf. The AR is plenty of fun and all that, but taking one run at the chains, then picking up and moving on... that's not disc golf.

It would be like hanging out at the first hole waiting on whatever and chucking at the basket over and over with a few guys. You don't count those as aces, do you?

I really don't mean to seem like a DB, but the real answer is who cares?
If you want to count it, count it. If you don't, then don't. How many players are genuinely concerned with other players ace counts?

I agree who really cares, count what you want. I didn't pose the initial question.

I would say an AR ace does not count unless it is from a short tee position that is always available for play. Otherwise some of them are just up shots basically. Bogeynomore has the better answer lol it's whatever you want it to be.
This is my personal take on this question. If it's not from a concrete teepad, it's not an ace. Unless the tees are carpet, dirt, etc I guess. So if it's not from the usual and customary teepad it doesn't count. IMHO, and you do what you want, of course. :\

Does anyone else have any luck with this sportdiscs.com site they send you to for signup/order of the ace race discs?

It NEVER works for me

I just ordered my packs today. No problem at all. What step are you having problems with?

Actually getting the link to work.
The 'order packs' link that atkes you to sportdiscs

Wont load in firefox, ie, or chrome. I got it to load once on my mobile browser, but not since

Ya, Im using Firefox 23. I go to that link and it just says connecting and eventually times out.
I don't get it.

I am TD'ing my 2nd ace race on Sep 15th. What are some extra activities your Ace Races have had? I am planning on another ring of fire, and having disc prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. Do you have 1 round of 2 throws, or 2 rounds of 1 throw etc...

I am TD'ing my 2nd ace race on Sep 15th. What are some extra activities your Ace Races have had? I am planning on another ring of fire, and having disc prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. Do you have 1 round of 2 throws, or 2 rounds of 1 throw etc...

Why not 2 rounds of 2 throws? It gives people even more of a chance at racking up aces and metals.

Bird's Nest, Arvada, CO, MHDGC

Here's my contribution to Ace Race silliness. We had a great time, then cruised up to Interlocken for a quick 18!

Last edited by a moderator:
I promise to be good.

I'll look up how to post video links when I'm not on an eyepad. That's my excuse!

I actually just thought of something and figured it might be good enough to share. I was thinking of having 2 throws per person per hole for 2 different rounds. Then I realized how long that would take. It wouldn't add much time for each hole but the overall time would be longer. It took 2+ hours last year under the 'regular rules format' so it would end up being too long. Then I thought of having free mulligans. 5 mulligans you could use whenever you wanted. Well that would be too difficult to track how many each player has thrown to make sure nobody is trying to get a few extra free throws in. Then it hit me. I will pick 3 holes on both the front 9 and back 9 and designate them as 'Double Throw' holes. There will be 2 rounds of 1 throw at each basket, unless you are on a 'Double Throw' hole where you will throw both discs. I will plan these away from the 3 water holes on the park to minimize the lost disc chances. It gives you a total of 48 throws compared to the 36 under the traditional rules. More throws = more chances at aces/metal = more fun!

I actually just thought of something and figured it might be good enough to share. I was thinking of having 2 throws per person per hole for 2 different rounds. Then I realized how long that would take. It wouldn't add much time for each hole but the overall time would be longer. It took 2+ hours last year under the 'regular rules format' so it would end up being too long. Then I thought of having free mulligans. 5 mulligans you could use whenever you wanted. Well that would be too difficult to track how many each player has thrown to make sure nobody is trying to get a few extra free throws in. Then it hit me. I will pick 3 holes on both the front 9 and back 9 and designate them as 'Double Throw' holes. There will be 2 rounds of 1 throw at each basket, unless you are on a 'Double Throw' hole where you will throw both discs. I will plan these away from the 3 water holes on the park to minimize the lost disc chances. It gives you a total of 48 throws compared to the 36 under the traditional rules. More throws = more chances at aces/metal = more fun!

I've played events on three different courses with double throws both rounds, it takes almost no extra time if you just let each person walk up to the tee pad and throw both of their discs (rather than making each person throw once, then each person throw again).

Latest posts