• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Goals

1. Learn to throw a consistent, decent forehand! Nothing special, just something that reliably goes 250-300 feet that I can use for harder right turns.
2. Putting! I'd like to be 99% in the circle, but I believe that 95%+ from 20 feet and in is more realistic. I want to be automatic inside 20 feet.
3. Play more tournaments! I have only played one tournament in my dg "career" and this year I'd like to play in 10-20 PDGA sanctioned events. I've already started planning my season but I hope more events for my area are announced soon (I'm the plan way ahead type).
4. Play more courses! I really want to branch out from the 20 mile radius I've been staying in.
5. Stop buying so many discs! Seriously, it is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Play more tournaments, travel more, and get my friends to play more professionally so I can take our rounds seriously.

1. Win random dubs night playing Cali.
2. Finally birdie the 480' par 3 at my home course, the only one I've never birdied there.
3. To watch my daughter continue to enjoy the game more and more.

My Goals are....
-Plan and host an event every month
-Focus on growing our club
-Play more out of town events
-Get that #1 tag
-Putting
-Host some clinics locally to help share the sport. Youth, Adult, Work?
-Make a machine that can make the wind stop
-Network with other clubs

I'll probably achieve most of these:thmbup:

1). Become more consistent (I know vague)
2). Continue to throw more new discs
3). Settle on a good bag setup
4). Play more courses
5). PLAY IN MY FIRST TOURNAMENT!!! :)

1. Raise rating 70 points
2. Break personal distance record
3. 100 putts a day on my practice basket
4. 1 night of field work a week (once it warms up)
5. Place in the top 50% at BG Ams and Worlds

now that im prolly gonna be in am2 id like to be at least competitive in the division...nobody likes to donate

10 masters wins. It'll be hard. And I'm not known to playing in easy tournaments. But it is a good goal to accomplish.

Last year my goals were:
Get to 1000 rated again.
Earn $5000.

I accomplished those.

Putting.
Jump putting.
FH D with some accuracy.
Add 50' that I lost to my Bh.
Consistency.

1) Continue to maintain an 18.0 holes per day round over the year and for my career . . . sitting at 18.27 for my career.
2) Maintain my average of 100 new courses per year by surpassing 500 courses. Sitting at 460 so I will be passing 500 by the time my road-trip ends in February.
3) To have played every public accessible course in WI by the end of 2013. Private courses will be bonus courses and not included in this quota. I have about 50/220 left to play which includes a few private courses listed on DGCR.
4) Get back on track ad get my rating between 915-925. I am currently sitting at 906
5) Win an Intermediate tournament. 3 time runner up and 4 time 3rd place is just not good enough for me.
6) Practice putting especially 20-30' at least twice per week for 20-30 minutes.
7) Write 3-4 more articles for publications about disc golf to help spread the word about our sport. (I already had 2 published in 2012 and one more is about to be published).
8) Get my typcial driving distance to 275-300' instead of 240-250' . . . without needing a roller to accomplish that.
9) Get no less than 5 courses in the ground whether they be permanent courses or temporary seasonal courses on other properties.
10) Spread the word to as many people about course design and sustainability. Assist people in getting the information on how to correctly install and maintain disc golf courses with proper horticultural techniques. Improve peoples turf management on the disc golf courses by explaining techniques to reduce and avoid compaction. (NOT MEASURABLE BUT I WILL BE DOING IT)

1. More putting practice! I'd like to hit 700 on the 1025 Putting Game.

2. Bogey free round @ Schenley Park AND
Under Par @ Knob Hill AND
Not look like a fool at Deer Lakes. :\

3. 3-5 tournaments

4. Improve rating to at least 880.

5. At least 2 road trips.

Putting Practice
A better mental game
Improve my rating
Actaully win a tournament, got second three times last year

I'm trying to hit 300 courses played by July 17th, which would mark 10 years of disc golf for me. It will be an upward battle as I have 29 to go, and not much time or energy to plan a big trip. By the end of the year would be more manageable.

Reach 200 courses, 15 states in the next year.
Road trips in NC, WI, north CA.
Help get courses in the ground in Anacortes WA and Enterprise OR.
Putting? Meh...

I'm trying to hit 300 courses played by July 17th, which would mark 10 years of disc golf for me. It will be an upward battle as I have 29 to go, and not much time or energy to plan a big trip. By the end of the year would be more manageable.

Ever hit Charlotte? High density course concentration. You could cut your list in half or less over a long weekend. Just sayin'.

Ever hit Charlotte? High density course concentration. You could cut your list in half or less over a long weekend. Just sayin'.
Its also 1150 miles and about 19 hours of driving away. I would probably get the deed done on the way there before even getting to Nashville.