• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Inbounds InFlight Guide Giveaway...

Chainchaser

Double Eagle Member
Stop by here to enter or just tell me why you should get one in this thread. I will accept both. This is a simple contest with few rules. I will pick the best 2-3 responses and send them out. Be creative but please be somewhat clean. :popcorn:

Tell me why I should send you the 2013 Inflight guide!!

Mine request is pretty simple. I currently have three nephews really getting into the game and a small group of friends I have introduced to the game in the last couple months. Teaching newbies the concept of flight characteristics, disc choice and the impact it has, is a challenge. The inbounds flight guide is an amazing teaching tool. I would love to score a free copy to consult during the above times.

I could definitely put one of these to use! I've got a buddy who always has to be right... Trouble is, he is usually wrong. This is especially true when it comes to what a certain disc should do. Having this reference in my car to show him that he is wrong has the potential to win me quite a few beers!
Cliff Notes:
Receive Book
Drink free beer. :hfive:

In a word: exposure*... I could use it not only for myself, but as a resource for players in my league. I also would like to get familiar with the more generic disc flight type of info the guide contains.

* I solemnly promise to keep my clothes on.

I'm president of our local club. We hold begginers clinics every month and a couple of begginers events geared at bring new players into the sport. This flight guide would be a great teaching tool and reference book for the beginners that are looking to get a little more deep in the game. Help me grow the sport.

I would love a copy because, although I tend to think I know it all, I clearly do not when it comes to disc golf. I have been frustrated by my lack of ability to describe the flight characteristics of discs to the new people I have been introducing to the sport. I would love to become a better teacher of the sport and a better player and I think the guide would help.

It would give me something to read on road trips when I have spotty internet service between courses.

I have a six year old stepson who is starting to show an interest in the game. if I could show him a picture of what the disc can do, he may be more apt to listen when i tell him the ones with cool names are not the best choice for him (TeeRex,Destroyer,Giant)

thanks,

I love trying out new discs to see if they fit my throwing style so this guide would be most helpful before spending a ton of money on discs that don't work for me or that don't fly the way I need them to. It would also help out a bunch of family and friends that also play.

Because my local shop does not have good charts for the euro plastic and I ended up buying a Stiletto, which is a disc I only use once in a while. What a waste.

I'm just getting started in DG and am very interested in which discs do what. I already use the inbounds site whenever I hear about or see a new disc that I might wanna try but it would be nice to have a physical copy to take with me shopping and to have at the course too.

The eternal quest for knowledge, this is the burden which one must bare. As one educates himself on the finer points of disc golf, one learns how little he actually knows. He seeks guidance from the masters- from local top players, from chance encounters with the elite of the sport, from voluminous videos on YouTube. After many months of playing, practicing, testing and altering the finer points of technique, the Seeker finally begins to realize the fruits of his labors, the discs begin to fly straighter and he sees them begin to follow their intended flight patterns. The Seeker is mesmerized, the graceful flight of a well thrown disc inhabits his dreams, the rattling of chains becomes the music of life. But alas, he struggles in his quest, for what disc shall next claim a spot in his bag? How is the Seeker to know where to turn next, to know what disc will truly aid him in achieving the elusive sub-par rounds? What disc, properly thrown, gives him chance to snake the oaks and maples outstretched on a tight woodland hole? Which disc will turn just so to help avoid the perils of a cleverly placed pond? Why, he wonders, is there no Holy Grail of disc flight information from which to glean this knowledge?

And then, by chance one day, it appears to him. A thread right before his very eyes on DGCR offering up the chance at the very Grail he seeks...the 2013 Inbounds Inflight Guide. And all he has to do is summon 25 years of writing experience, spin a tale befit of such a glorious reward, and accept the fact that he will surely elicit the groans of the masses at such a calculated attempt to acquire this much sought after tome of wisdom. But ego firmly in check, the Seeker willingly puts words to page and hopes for the glories of the Inflight Guide to someday be his.

:D:D:D:D ;)

I could definitely use this because me and my two teens just started playing in June and now I've gotten my brother and his son wanting to play and it would help us all out
THANKS

For the record, my post above was in good fun. I can afford my own copy. Grow the sport...To the sound of chains :thmbup:

Numbers are scary and I have trouble thinking. This guide is great for me!

I would appreciate one because there really is no place locally for me to buy anything disc golf related. If i don't order it, I don't get it period. It would be nice to have something like that to read up on and show around to get people in my area more interested in disc golf. We have a course that is basically unused and I would like to change that.