• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

I'm sorry to the person that won the basket in the volunteer raffle only to have it taken away when the Svitkos reneged on a promise they had made. The basket had been promised long before the tourney started and was even awarded to the lucky(everyone thought at the time) volunteer at the awards ceremony only to be taken away before he could leave the park.

-2013 pro worlds volunteer coordinator

That's a load of crap, the dude that won should of kicked Svitko in the sack...

I was talked down to/insulted much more than I was thanked.

I'm talking down to you (from the North) :D when I say "Thank You!" I did not compete, but I spectated for a day and caddied for Alan Beaver (MPS) on Gold. Well, actually I just walked with his group since he recently got a GoCart (very cool). That gave me a lot of time to help spot and talk to spotters.

There were a ton of them out there on Gold, and they all had a big smile on their faces in the middle of the hottest, most humid day of the week. I was especially impressed with the guys literally running between holes 8 & 9 (almost no shade) and I noticed partially eaten lunches they left to continue their work.

Sorry I did not meet you in person, but I was wildly impressed with your team. Good work! Big dedication to take a week off of work to work.

I would like to thank all the volunteers that showed up to help. Everybody had a great attitude and accepted all the jobs I gave them even if some of the jobs sucked. We had a great team that worked really hard to make things run smooth this week.

I wish we had better accommodations for you guys, you deserved it. I felt pretty bad that many of my volunteers had to buy their own food late in the week because they were tired of eating the same crap all week dispite our significant budget for volunteer food($1000/day for ~40 people). Our only variance from the bugers and hotdogs was when they tried to feed us day old leftovers from food that Vibram and Innova had generously bought for player events.

I'm sorry to the person that won the basket in the volunteer raffle only to have it taken away when the Svitkos reneged on a promise they had made. The basket had been promised long before the tourney started and was even awarded to the lucky(everyone thought at the time) volunteer at the awards ceremony only to be taken away before he could leave the park.

A slew of volunteers worked their butts off to run at great worlds and were disrespected and mistreated behind the scenes. What a shame, good luck finding volunteers in the future.

-2013 pro worlds volunteer coordinator

WOW. 25 dollars a person budget for burgers and hotdogs!!!

Is this really true about the basket? Sounds so wrong.

Any cool stories, controversy, or drama from Worlds this year? Just stuff that took place on the course, none of the personal stuff. Roller aces? 400ft + aces?

If McBeth did not bogey a single hole that has to be a Worlds world record. Chuck?

many volunteers are needed to run a successful worlds and seldom get the credit they deserve. Recognition and thanks can go a long way. From 700 miles away it looked like a great worlds. Congrats to all the winners. Sucks about the basket taken back. Hopefully the guy makes it good with the winner.

Any cool stories, controversy, or drama from Worlds this year? Just stuff that took place on the course, none of the personal stuff. Roller aces? 400ft + aces?

If McBeth did not bogey a single hole that has to be a Worlds world record. Chuck?

I watched Big Jerm ace hole 2 on the blue course this morning while warming up, if that counts. It's 445 feet. He threw a monster sky hyzer, seemed satisfied, then turned around. As soon as he turned around the disc did this gentle hop into the basket, startling the guy that was practicing putts on it.

I watched Big Jerm ace hole 2 on the blue course this morning while warming up, if that counts. It's 445 feet. He threw a monster sky hyzer, seemed satisfied, then turned around. As soon as he turned around the disc did this gentle hop into the basket, startling the guy that was practicing putts on it.

Big Jerm seems like a really cool dude, I'd love to see him win worlds in the next few years. He's got a killer sidearm that I wish I could somehow learn how to throw like he does.

442 is a long way. He probably is one of the most skilled and naturally able golfers in the world. He hasn't been playing very long at all.

I saw Chuck Kennedy (cgkdisc) chuck a disc way deep into the crap on the approach to Gold-8's basket. The coolest thing is that he said he finally found "the hole on hole 8".

Chuck out-performed his rating way above almost anyone else....had a great tournament by the looks of it.

The whole experience was surreal, as always. I am always blown away when I watch the top pros play, but then forget just how amazing they really are until I see them do it again.

Parking a 570ft hole that I've never seen deuced? No big deal. Some were going long. Acing holes over 400? Yeah. Throwing one precision drive after another making par 5s look easy? Just watch. Oh, you finally saw someone shank a drive? No big deal, here comes a miracle recovery shot that gets them back in birdie range...

Steven was on a card with Wiggins Jr, Schusterick, and Manabu one day and I told him "oh hey, you're finally going to be the noodle arm on the card!" To which he replied "I have been the noodle arm every day. 450ft is just not enough out here". These guys are all on a different level.

the_lung posted this on the PDGA board: Steve Brinster aces his last hole of his Semi round, the 333' Lemon Lake Blue Hole#1, with a Brinster signature Teebird!

Latest posts