• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Tourney Videos

Those Int guys had quite a shootout. They are also quite good for intermediates. Time to move up.

Those Int guys had quite a shootout. They are also quite good for intermediates. Time to move up.

It was quite entertaining. The lefty stayed pretty composed for missing some clutch putts. I thought his head was going to pop off on one of them. The thing I took from that battle is Discraft > MVP...

It was quite entertaining. The lefty stayed pretty composed for missing some clutch putts. I thought his head was going to pop off on one of them. The thing I took from that battle is Discraft > MVP...

Yeah, it looks like the righty guy is the one that lost his head about half way through the round after missing a few holes. He had a nasty putt that just wouldn't miss until he got into his funk. Not sure how effective that putt is in the wind, but in the Carolina woods you rarely experience the wind.

They breed them that way in North Carolina! Why do you think that the vast majority of Amateur World champs in the last decade+ come from there?

:D

It helps to that they are on the same card on this round as 1020+ rated MJ and Cam Todd.

They breed them that way in North Carolina! Why do you think that the vast majority of Amateur World champs in the last decade+ come from there?

While I don't disagree that NC produces some great golfers, I think the "World Championships" come more from NC having more Ams that refuse to move up and play open. Something about golfers rated over 980 sticking around the AM divisions for years is pretty lame.

Maybe what is pretty lame is that there are areas in the country where 980 golf is in the middle of the cash in Open on a regular basis.

While I don't disagree that NC produces some great golfers, I think the "World Championships" come more from NC having more Ams that refuse to move up and play open. Something about golfers rated over 980 sticking around the AM divisions for years is pretty lame.

well when you go to a smaller NC tourney and there's still 5 or more guys in Open rated over 1000 including two world champs there's not much chance for 980 rated guys to win in Open especially at the bigger events when all the top guys show up.

also a lot of those guys have moved up in the last year.

The chunky one did mess up pretty much every MVP drive he tried, but did you see him dropping those putts down with that Eclipse? Just about the only putt he missed was the last one.

The chunky one did mess up pretty much every MVP drive he tried, but did you see him dropping those putts down with that Eclipse? Just about the only putt he missed was the last one.

He missed more than the last one, but as was said above, had he been anywhere but in the woods where wind would be an issue, it would've been a completely different story. He did manage to stick where he landed when he missed though.*

*I was just joking about the Discraft/MVP comparison. Easy buddy.

Some Enduro Bowl footage from DeLaveaga.
Shasta Criss
Don Smith
Sean Jack
Jammer Allabach

I should have part 2 done sometime tonight, and parts 3 and 4 will follow as soon as I can edit/commentate it. Thanks for watching :)

Are the guys listed really the guys playing??!! I looked them up, and they appear to be Gold level players (all seem to be in the 975-1000 range).....but look at the way they play hole 5 (6:22 mark). Wide open 278' hole and none of them can get within 60' of it! Am I missing something here?

well Dave it's harder to make those shots when you're not surrounded by appalachain beauty.

ps... i had the same thought.

Are the guys listed really the guys playing??!! I looked them up, and they appear to be Gold level players (all seem to be in the 975-1000 range).....but look at the way they play hole 5 (6:22 mark). Wide open 278' hole and none of them can get within 60' of it! Am I missing something here?

Don Smith and Shasta Criss are correct.

Also, it appears the tournament was 58 holes in a row of golf with no breaks. Maybe they were getting toward the end of it and they were just really tired and out of energy?

http://delaveagadiscgolf.com/enduro-bowl/

ah.....that makes sense. Looks like a killer event! Its not that I am not enjoying the video (because I am), but these guys were playing the course much worse than I did (when I played there years ago), so I wanted to see their ratings....they look like 900-925 rated guys from what I have seen so far as I watch a few minutes here and there between things at work (other than a few killer putts).

.....and yeah, New - it is not a very beautiful course (at least in the eye of this beholder). The drive up to the course from Santa Cruz is nice though!

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure that's the start of the tourney as they are going to put up the other parts as they finish them.