• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

After watching McFlys coverage of Day 1 at the Memorial. Can we say that Vista Del Camino is one of the most boring courses? How can they hold a major here? Fountain Hills isnt much better. All it is is 350'-400' hyzers all the time.

Vista del camion=Big Hyzer in spanish

Buffalo Ridge is a pretty cool course in the area and I wonder why they don't utilize it for the tournament. I guess the big guns would tear it up with no wind conditions but then again they do the same at Fountain Hills.

Last edited:
Buffalo Ridge is a pretty cool course in the area and I wonder why they don't utilize it for the tournament. I guess the big guns would tear it up with no wind conditions but then again they do the same at Fountain Hills.

The course would have to be Significantly toughened up to be playable for a tournament on that scale. I would expect all those top guys to shoot -20 for 27 at least. Fountain is a lot more work for your score, and actually punishes you for being off course. While I love Buffalo it is not punishing in any way.

The course would have to be Significantly toughened up to be playable for a tournament on that scale. I would expect all those top guys to shoot -20 for 27 at least. Fountain is a lot more work for your score, and actually punishes you for being off course. While I love Buffalo it is not punishing in any way.

Plenty of opportunity to put in OB ropes ala the USDGC. Also plenty of room out there to push some of those pins back farther too (and in tougher placements).

I could see some gnarly sand traps out there too. Course has potential and it's a shame they don't utilize it.

Buffalo is WAY too easy. There aren't really any trees to speak of, no water, and every single hole is a RHBH hyzer.

Because Buffalo is not a good course in my opinion. It's not a bad course, but not something that you would ever hold a NT event on. The original 18 is ok, but not championship quality, and no offense, but the new holes are kinda a joke in my opinion.

Buffalo is WAY too easy. There aren't really any trees to speak of, no water, and every single hole is a RHBH hyzer.

? I'm pretty sure last year's record-setting McBeth round at the fountain was 18 RHBH hyzer drives . . . ? Just saying.

? I'm pretty sure last year's record-setting McBeth round at the fountain was 18 RHBH hyzer drives . . . ? Just saying.

And that proves what exactly? Most of those holes can be thrown either way, most pros just throw RHBH anyways.

Go play the two courses and get back to me.

Yeah I think people misunderstand the fact that even if it IS just hyzers or whatever kind of shot in a course its not your 300 nose up noob hyzer these guys are throwing-- nothing really EASY about it no matter how it looks on video.

Yeah I think people misunderstand the fact that even if it IS just hyzers or whatever kind of shot in a course its not your 300 nose up noob hyzer these guys are throwing-- nothing really EASY about it no matter how it looks on video.

Exactly! Paul made it look easy in pristine conditions. It's funny when I take out of towners to Vista and FH. Before playing they think; "oh, this is going to be a birdie fest". After the round they are missing a few of their favorite discs, and wondering how they got beat up so bad just throwing hyzers.

Buffalo Ridge has very little, if any, danger.

Exactly! Paul made it look easy in pristine conditions. It's funny when I take out of towners to Vista and FH. Before playing they think; "oh, this is going to be a birdie fest". After the round they are missing a few of their favorite discs, and wondering how they got beat up so bad just throwing hyzers.

Buffalo Ridge has very little, if any, danger.

Exactly!

Someone watches a video online and all of a sudden they are experts.

While there are a lot of hyzer shots at FH, it looks to me that PMcB threw more flat released shots than hyzer.

Just wanted to say thanks to Video Guy and McFly for such a great job recording this weekend. It was the first time I was able to watch dg on my big screen and the quality was excellent! Can't wait to see more dg this year. Keep it up!

And for those who think VDC and FH are just hyzers and not much fun...I think it serves a purpose as links style courses, like in ball golf, where there are tournaments that are links and others that are much tighter like TPC. Those course are not as easy as one would think. We are just watching the best of the best play them. I for one enjoy watching/playing these courses and although they by no means are my favorite, are fun nonetheless.

Exactly!

Someone watches a video online and all of a sudden they are experts.

I said he threw 18 rhbh hyzers at what point is that statement wrong and at what point does it mean anything other than the man threw 18 rhbh hyzer drives?

He did, by the way. He did it very well, although I'm certainly no expert although my ability to discern left from right has rarely been questioned prior to this -- ?. Sheesh - clam down.

While there are a lot of hyzer shots at FH, it looks to me that PMcB threw more flat released shots than hyzer.

The disc left his hand in a backhand manner and went right to left . . . what should we call that, I wonder if there's a disc golf term for that?? I wouldn't know not being an expert -- isn't that a "fluffernutter"? :)

The disc left his hand in a backhand manner and went right to left . . . what should we call that, I wonder if there's a disc golf term for that?? I wouldn't know not being an expert -- isn't that a "fluffernutter"? :)

Hyzer refers to the release angle. A disc released flat and fading left is just that.....fade, not hyzer.

If a person throws an overstable disc on an anny line, and it fades back left; would you also call that a hyzer? Regardless, it's just an argument in semantics.

Fluffernutter is probably the best, and most scientific term, so lets go with that.

Latest posts