• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

In terms of the McFly's and CCDG's of the world, it would be nice if a few of the independent filmers would pool resources and film separate cards. It would be nice to see more than the lead card, especially when you see someone jump places from another card. Unfortunately everybody seems to only want to film the lead card.

McFly, LCGM8, BullsEye, and I (with 3-4 cameras) are all going to Worlds, and we're already talking so as to avoid this problem. I've tried to reach out to DG Planet in regards to this, but haven't heard back from them. Honestly I wouldn't mind having the DG Planet card filmed by one of us too. Not everyone can watch the live broadcast.

I've actually had Stu (TX chapter of CCDG) record chase cards, and FPO lead cards in the past to avoid this problem (TX States, and GBO). The first year I filmed Masters Cup I filmed the chase card both days as someone else was filming the lead card. That was the only time I've been to a tourney, and not been the only person filming (that I recall anyway).

Rest assured we're well aware of this, and will do our best to cover the most disc possible.

You also have to be sensitive to the fact that we're all separate entities, and filming lead cards is the best way to lose the least amount of money.

Glad to hear Worlds will have deeper coverage, Royal. I didn't mean for my post to sound snarky. I am more than impressed with all the work (it is hard work indeed) that all of you have done up to this point, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves.

Disc golf needs to film the FPO a lot more!
They are the ones that will make this sport grow..

Trying to remember which tourney it was and who did the video but a few weeks ago one had the final nine that was both mpo and FPO together. I wish more of the big tourneys would do that to get the extra FPO exposure.

Trying to remember which tourney it was and who did the video but a few weeks ago one had the final nine that was both mpo and FPO together. I wish more of the big tourneys would do that to get the extra FPO exposure.

That's the Kansas City Wide Open. And I agree, it's great to see them play together, especially when the women sometimes score better on the holes than the men do.

McFly, LCGM8, BullsEye, and I (with 3-4 cameras) are all going to Worlds, and we're already talking so as to avoid this problem. I've tried to reach out to DG Planet in regards to this, but haven't heard back from them. Honestly I wouldn't mind having the DG Planet card filmed by one of us too. Not everyone can watch the live broadcast.

I definitely encourage one of you to film the card dgplanet is filming. Due to the nature of their endeavor they usually offer up less than high quality video of the rounds.

I've actually had Stu (TX chapter of CCDG) record chase cards, and FPO lead cards in the past to avoid this problem (TX States, and GBO). The first year I filmed Masters Cup I filmed the chase card both days as someone else was filming the lead card. That was the only time I've been to a tourney, and not been the only person filming (that I recall anyway).

Rest assured we're well aware of this, and will do our best to cover the most disc possible.

You also have to be sensitive to the fact that we're all separate entities, and filming lead cards is the best way to lose the least amount of money.

Ian, it's great to see you all working to cooperate on tournament coverage. You all have great talent, not to mention the tons of motivation it takes to do this without any substantial financial reward. Packing CCDG, McFly, LCGM8, and BullsEye's talent into a single production would be awesome.

They say that 'no good deed goes unpunished'; I got a laugh from BlackCatSmith's, sarcastic/humorous post above, "I want a pony!" ;)

I'm cheering for you all to find a way to monetize your efforts so that you'll keep it going.

The Minnesota majestic had it as well.

I want a pony!

LOL!

Glad to hear Worlds will have deeper coverage, Royal. I didn't mean for my post to sound snarky. I am more than impressed with all the work (it is hard work indeed) that all of you have done up to this point, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves.

O no worries man, it didn't come off snarky at all. You were just voicing your hopes. I do that when I'm not filming, and turn into a fan.

Thanks so much! I can't tell you guys how excited I am for Worlds. We'll have 4 cameras going most days. 3 at a minimum. That's going to be so much footage...

Disc golf needs to film the FPO a lot more!
They are the ones that will make this sport grow..

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure I have more FPO golf on my channel than anyone. With more coming soon (GBO)

I definitely encourage one of you to film the card dgplanet is filming.

Cool, glad you guys agree.

Ian, it's great to see you all working to cooperate on tournament coverage. You all have great talent, not to mention the tons of motivation it takes to do this without any substantial financial reward. Packing CCDG, McFly, LCGM8, and BullsEye's talent into a single production would be awesome.

They say that 'no good deed goes unpunished'; I got a laugh from BlackCatSmith's, sarcastic/humorous post above, "I want a pony!" ;)

I'm cheering for you all to find a way to monetize your efforts so that you'll keep it going.

Thanks so much! That would be cool if it happened. :)

I'm really excited we're all going to cover so many cards. Marty and lcgm8 put out some ridiculous videos (I really like BullsEye too fwiw). Plus whatever we can add, should make for some great footage. I'm pretty sure this will be the best covered Worlds ever. I'll also have my sweet new mic on my cam thanks to someone. :thmbup:

Another vote for someone filming the same card as DGP so there's a high quality / condensed version.