• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Her forehand is amazing. I'm so jealous.

Edit: upon further viewing so is her backhand.

She was getting pretty cozy with Nikko at the end of the men's video there too.

Watching Nikko play, they only thing I really hands down disapprove of (which other players are guilty of as well), is the swearing. If we're really interested in growing the sport, that's something we need to leave behind when we go out to the dg course. It may be more commonplace now, but swearing can be a major turnoff to families with younger kids looking for a family friendly sport to enjoy.

Passion for a game you love is something that everybody should have, but when I think of exemplary passion for disc golf, I think more of the JohnE McCray videos I saw from earlier this year. Nikko doesn't even come to mind by comparison

Sadly, I watched the entire FPO vid and it was depressing, except for Weese. I can't remember ever seeing anyone ever, ever, miss the amount of putts that Kelsey girl missed. The idea of watching the men go around that boring course two more times also makes me sad. But if there's a good Nikko meltdown in there I guess I'll suffer through it.

JohnE McCray is a perfect example of someone everyone should aspire to emulate with his passion and positive attitude on the disc course. A great ambassador for the game and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him win down in Florida. Easy guy to root for with his true humility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdGvn1rCP4

Sadly, I watched the entire FPO vid and it was depressing, except for Weese. I can't remember ever seeing anyone ever, ever, miss the amount of putts that Kelsey girl missed. The idea of watching the men go around that boring course two more times also makes me sad. But if there's a good Nikko meltdown in there I guess I'll suffer through it.

Kelsey's putting was hard to watch. I'm gonna guess that wasn't quite normal and that she just had the yips. I've been there. If you want a similar story do some research behind charles barkley. He was a very good golfer at one time. He accidentally hit a person and now he is painful to watch. Golf is a very mental game... If something in there gets messed up the physical output can be very ugly to watch.

JohnE McCray is a perfect example of someone everyone should aspire to emulate with his passion and positive attitude on the disc course. A great ambassador for the game and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him win down in Florida. Easy guy to root for with his true humility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdGvn1rCP4

How about McBeth, Schwebby, Brinster, Roan, Childs, Des, Cunningham, Val...that's just a few off the top of my head who all seem like great sports and ambassadors of professionalism.

How about McBeth, Schwebby, Brinster, Roan, Childs, Des, Cunningham, Val...that's just a few off the top of my head who all seem like great sports and ambassadors of professionalism.

Of course I would include those as well. I was more so responding to and adding to the post above mine in regards to JohnE specifically.

Interesting comment at 7:17 of the final 18 GCC video (I can't quite tell who says it). Would love to know what the whole conversation entailed.

Interesting comment at 7:17 of the final 18 GCC video (I can't quite tell who says it). Would love to know what the whole conversation entailed.

Marty answered in the comments on the Youtube channel:

McFlySoHigh Video1 day ago

No, I wasn't the object of Nikko's ire. It was a rookie cameraman who was in the wrong place at the wrong time a couple of instances.

If the report that said rookie cameraman set up between a player and the basket when the player was lining up a long putt was one of those "wrong place, wrong times", I'd say the call out was definitely warranted.

Sorry...don't usually read the comments on the dg videos. My bad. I would agree. That's kind of bush league if somebody setup like that, even if they were a rookie.

Marty answered in the comments on the Youtube channel:

If the report that said rookie cameraman set up between a player and the basket when the player was lining up a long putt was one of those "wrong place, wrong times", I'd say the call out was definitely warranted.

She was getting pretty cozy with Nikko at the end of the men's video there too.

Watching Nikko play, they only thing I really hands down disapprove of (which other players are guilty of as well), is the swearing. If we're really interested in growing the sport, that's something we need to leave behind when we go out to the dg course. It may be more commonplace now, but swearing can be a major turnoff to families with younger kids looking for a family friendly sport to enjoy.

Passion for a game you love is something that everybody should have, but when I think of exemplary passion for disc golf, I think more of the JohnE McCray videos I saw from earlier this year. Nikko doesn't even come to mind by comparison

Have you ever watched a football, basketball, hockey or baseball game? There are constantly players caught swearing at each other and at themselves if you lipread a little. It's not holding those sports back, they don't highlight it but it's also not the end of the world.

It's even worse if you go out to an adult softball league or the basketball court at the local park. I agree that people should be a little careful on their language when kids are around, but it's also unrealistic to think you can completely insulate your children from bad language and still let them learn about the real world. Good parenting means helping kids understand what people to emulate and what behavior to engage in despite negative role models, not in the absence of them.

How his cardmates didn't speak up is beyond me.

I can speak a little to that. When playing in open the competition is stiff. Sometimes people crack under the pressure. I certainly don't want drama if I am shooting a good round, heck, even if it is a bad round. If someone is upset they can play bad, maybe hurrying through shots where they normally wouldn't. The more they complain, the worse they will continue to shoot, giving the advantage to the other players. Not to mention, by avoiding confrontation, now I have more time to think about the upcoming shot or enjoy the scenery.

My favorite Michael Wilbon quote

"I don't TRUST an Athlete who doesn't swear"

Have you ever watched a football, basketball, hockey or baseball game? There are constantly players caught swearing at each other and at themselves if you lipread a little. It's not holding those sports back, they don't highlight it but it's also not the end of the world.

It's even worse if you go out to an adult softball league or the basketball court at the local park. I agree that people should be a little careful on their language when kids are around, but it's also unrealistic to think you can completely insulate your children from bad language and still let them learn about the real world. Good parenting means helping kids understand what people to emulate and what behavior to engage in despite negative role models, not in the absence of them.

Of course swearing occasionally and throwing a disc (or golf club) happens from time to time but Nikko is up to a different level right now. In my opinion, disc golf is grouped into a type of gentlemen's game just the same as ball golf. It isn't on a basketball court or football field where it is, unfortunately, more acceptable socially. You tend to have to follow a unwritten rule when playing an individual sport in quiet settings. I agree that you need to teach your kids how the world is instead of just shielding them from it but not everyone does. Nikko can do whatever he wants and I really wouldn't have a problem with it. Doesn't change the fact he looks like a db.

I see this thread, get all excited, and alas continued drivel about boorish behavior. Didn't this get landfilled once because of this. Can we relandfill the discussion??

I see this thread, get all excited, and alas continued drivel about boorish behavior. Didn't this get landfilled once because of this. Can we relandfill the discussion??

I made a thread that is currently in the landfill, if you think this is still bad, just imagine that thread merged into this one.

Of course swearing occasionally and throwing a disc (or golf club) happens from time to time but Nikko is up to a different level right now. In my opinion, disc golf is grouped into a type of gentlemen's game just the same as ball golf. It isn't on a basketball court or football field where it is, unfortunately, more acceptable socially. You tend to have to follow a unwritten rule when playing an individual sport in quiet settings. I agree that you need to teach your kids how the world is instead of just shielding them from it but not everyone does. Nikko can do whatever he wants and I really wouldn't have a problem with it. Doesn't change the fact he looks like a db.

I personally agree that Nikko should tone it down if he wants the sport to grow casually and professionally (which he says he does) but the comparison to the PGA is unrealistic in this aspect. How many times has Tiger been caught on camera dropping a GD or F bomb?

A lot

OMFG giveeeeeee it uppppppppp.

He would murder you all out on the DGC. No need to worry about his antics. Look at his youtube videos 100k of an ACE alone-- MikeC doesn't have **** on the # of views. Nikko = good for DG.

Back to the tourny's........

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm crazy but I think I'm gonna try to shield myself from the Memorial results and watch it on Marty's videos instead. I guess this first round is the least important, cause a dozen guys could have shoot the hot round, and it wouldn't have necessarily come from that final super group yesterday, but just for practice I'm holding back from looking. Still It's gonna be hard to not check the results or that other thread today until their is a vid up!

I don't know if I'm crazy but I think I'm gonna try to shield myself from the Memorial results and watch it on Marty's videos instead. I guess this first round is the least important, cause a dozen guys could have shoot the hot round, and it wouldn't have necessarily come from that final super group yesterday, but just for practice I'm holding back from looking. Still It's gonna be hard to not check the results or that other thread today until their is a vid up!

DEf. try to do this when I know someone will have good coverage.

SO DONT MAKE THREADS TITLED WITH X_PLAYERS WINS 2014 BLAH BLAH... lol

...and then you click the thread for the tournament not realizing..... :doh:

I'm also waiting for the coverage before I watch the results, hopefully Marty caught the day one leader on camera cuz I want to see hot hot rounds.

Latest posts