• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

4 holes into round three that putt Rico hit was sick. It's exciting watching this without knowing the results.

Rico's putting was incredible, John E. was all around amazing (except for hole 9), but the highlight of the tournament for me is the spotter on hole 9 and 18 that sprints everywhere like he's going to catch the disc. I think he was also in hole 2 at Fountain Hills. He's burning some serious calories if he's doing that every throw.

I guess if you want to play who's hyzer sticks best or doesn't get f'd by the wind. I dunno too much "chance" involved and less execution when its this type of tournament given its over-all worth. sure its a hell of an experience but that doesn't make the courses better.

If it was chance why do the same guys always end of up near the top. Even if the courses don't vary much. Its who can stay hot and make their putts. In those conditions keeping calm and focused is probably hard as poop.

I love that this year is making people remember how difficult these courses can be in these layouts. Every year people bitch and moan about these 1100 rated rounds and now it's a reminder how much they earned them. Especially that stupid 1132 McBeth shot last year.

if you have never played Memorial and watched vids from last year these courses couldn't have looked easier, especially when watching Paul's 39. But they aren't THAT easy. There is a LOT of OB and one bad skip or roll and discs will find it.

also seems like more higher rated players in the field this year than years past. which will make very high rated rounds more difficult.

It looks like on a lot of shots they are forcing mando throws. I see almost all the pro's taking a wide sweaping hyzer shot over going strait at the basket. I think there is mandos there. but not sure. also if you cant throw over 350 your getting wet on a few holes.

It looks like on a lot of shots they are forcing mando throws. I see almost all the pro's taking a wide sweaping hyzer shot over going strait at the basket. I think there is mandos there. but not sure. also if you cant throw over 350 your getting wet on a few holes.

Don't think there are many, if any mandos. The players are simply choosing to throw sweeping hyzers. That's the high percentage accurate shot for a lot of them.

Don't think there are many, if any mandos. The players are simply choosing to throw sweeping hyzers. That's the high percentage accurate shot for a lot of them.

That's right.

It's all about controlling the margin of error and maintaining the ability to be at a certain putting range, especially for a course like this with a bunch of OB, but fairly open fairways. For the pros, those big hyzers you see are probably a shot they feel they can accurately*(not exactly, but close) replicate somewhere >85% of the time. A straight shot is probably more in the 75-85% range, due to other factors like tiny disc angle adjustments, wind, et al, having a much more prominent effect on the outcome of the shot than a straight up hyzer.

yea i'm not sure why this isn't talked about (bitched about) more on here... may already been hashed out over the past years on a different board.

the memorial courses seem pretty damn lackluster. yes... there is water and OB but damn near everything is a wide open shot. little-to-no 'shot shaping' seems necessary to take home a good finish.

i'm not sure why courses like this are part of the big rotation. looks silly compared to a maple hill, mciver, etc

Its just a different style of golf that rewards placement, distance, and disc landing angle.

79bxb.jpg

:LOVE::hfive:

For the two courses there really aren't that many mandos. There aren't any at Fountain Hills and only 3 at Vista

More Mandos at Vista than at Fountain. The only one at Fountain that I know of is hole #16.

More Mandos at Vista than at Fountain. The only one at Fountain that I know of is hole #16.

You are right, dang I totally forgot about 16 at fountain...The mando really doesn't change most peoples throws, almost everyone hysers anyways. But there are still only the 3 at Vista I'm pretty sure.

Video Drop

Memorial Round 2 - Third Card at Fountain
McBeth, Koling, Rico, Skellinger
by: DGWeekly

Delaware Disc Golf Challenge Day 2
by: DiscGolfMonthly

Disc Golf Live 58 part 1 & 2