• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

LOL...just seconds ago Pete Carroll un-ices his own kicker to give him a free warm up kick. He missed the first one and made the second one. :cool:

Other articles state that it's 10% more effective. That was based on the facts before coaches started doing the snap timed TO that allows the kicker to get a free warm up kick, which appears to be included in the latest data.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/sports/football/21icing.html?_r=1

Did you read the article you quoted? The actual research is that there's only maybe an effect on long field goals, and that's based on the small sample size of only 2 seasons. On top of that, the researcher himself says that a coach would be crazy to use the timeout for that rather than for something more useful.

Did you read the article you quoted? The actual research is that there's only maybe an effect on long field goals, and that's based on the small sample size of only 2 seasons. On top of that, the researcher himself says that a coach would be crazy to use the timeout for that rather than for something more useful.
Yeah and did you read what I wrote?

On #17 I'd like to see a OS low glide disc like a Zone RHBH on an anny flex line. Anyone see this as a viable option?

I also wonder about this. Flex, Zone, Pig, Harp, or similar. I think I'd practice endlessly before this tourney with a low-glide short overstable putter.

I also wonder about this. Flex, Zone, Pig, Harp, or similar. I think I'd practice endlessly before this tourney with a low-glide short overstable putter.

...with a basket perched between a cliff and a rock outcropping, and a few grand on the line, with all my family, friends, competitors as well as throngs of people I don't even know watching all while camera men buzz around over the cacophony of the gallery wondering out loud whether or not I've the mettle to muster the shot at hand after playing for four days at the toughest course in the sport.. because you know... I like to be prepared.

"Well on DGCR they say, that JTacoma03's giant ego shrunk 3 sizes that day."

I'm not thin-skinned enough to concern myself with opportunistic internet toughguys. I stopped listening to him when his first ever pass at me was trying to contradict my filming techniques from his "expertise" (then a year later calls my profession the lowest on the totem pole, funny how that works).

He's had his chance 2 years in a row now to man up and speak his righteous mind (or bury the hatchet, either is fine with me). I'm not hiding. Instead he gets quiet within earshot (evidently we have been that close, I don't know what he looks like but he let me know online afterwards via PM) and then types really loud for internet attention, which tells me his real motives. I don't respect that, if that's my "giant ego" then fine.

This will be my last acknowledgement of his posts. I don't want to derail the thread more. All I'll say is I've never had a negative interaction with a single DGCR member that has introduced themselves to me or vice versa. On here, just like in life, there's some truly awesome people, and also some truly insecure people.

I'll end the derail on a positive note - shout out to BraveThrower43 for doing a great job lollipopping the leaderboard for the final round. Another of many great members I've met along the way, and hope to meet more of y'all.

Anyway...USDGC was awesome. SpinTV coverage should be up very, very soon so get ready for BIG JERM and McB3AST!

I've been thinking that a fastball thumber would be a good shot on #17. Has Matt Dollar ever played the UDSGC?

...with a basket perched between a cliff and a rock outcropping, and a few grand on the line, with all my family, friends, competitors as well as throngs of people I don't even know watching all while camera men buzz around over the cacophony of the gallery wondering out loud whether or not I've the mettle to muster the shot at hand after playing for four days at the toughest course in the sport.. because you know... I like to be prepared.

There is also a physical issue. There's a reason those discs (short, low glide models such as the Zone, Harp, Pig, etc) exist. This wonderment has nothing to do with the circumstance of JohnE or anyone at the end. It could be a question or any solitary player on that hole.

And so - I'm not saying someone like JohnE ought to have used a disc like this. Clearly he should have layed up his wizard and played for par. That's much safer than going for it with the types of discs in question.

Last edited:
I've been thinking that a fastball thumber would be a good shot on #17. Has Matt Dollar ever played the UDSGC?

Yup, multiple times. Finished 29th this year. I'll ask him what he throws on 17 and his thoughts of a low thumber.

Personally it seems like it would have too much action on the finish and too high a chance of rolling/skipping/flaring OB.

Will report back with my findings :thmbup:

I'm not thin-skinned enough to concern myself with opportunistic internet toughguys. I stopped listening to him when his first ever pass at me was trying to contradict my filming techniques from his "expertise" (then a year later calls my profession the lowest on the totem pole, funny how that works).

He's had his chance 2 years in a row now to man up and speak his righteous mind (or bury the hatchet, either is fine with me). I'm not hiding. Instead he gets quiet within earshot (evidently we have been that close, I don't know what he looks like but he let me know online afterwards via PM) and then types really loud for internet attention, which tells me his real motives. I don't respect that, if that's my "giant ego" then fine.

This will be my last acknowledgement of his posts. I don't want to derail the thread more. All I'll say is I've never had a negative interaction with a single DGCR member that has introduced themselves to me or vice versa. On here, just like in life, there's some truly awesome people, and also some truly insecure people.

I'll end the derail on a positive note - shout out to BraveThrower43 for doing a great job lollipopping the leaderboard for the final round. Another of many great members I've met along the way, and hope to meet more of y'all.

Anyway...USDGC was awesome. SpinTV coverage should be up very, very soon so get ready for BIG JERM and McB3AST!

I can't wait to hear their take on the way things went! Especially Paul of course.

Plot twist:

BgWvDave is also BraveThrower43.

Back to on topic, I credit Schustericks success this year to finally getting used to those zombies who are chewing on his neck while he sleeps.

That is your interpretation. I have a different take. If you want to do some attention seeking behaviors like running around through the crowd, at least wait til the rest of the cardmates have holed out. Otherwise it is a clear courtesy violation. Whether its Nikko or McCray should not matter.

801.04 Courtesy
B. Players should watch the other members of their group throw in order to aid in locating errant throws and to ensure compliance with the rules.
C. Players should take care not to produce any auditory or visual distractions while other players are throwing. Distracting actions include: shouting, cursing, freestyling, striking course equipment, throwing out of turn, throwing or kicking golf bags, throwing minis, and advancing on the fairway beyond the away player.

Wait a minute, Im 99.99% sure Patrick Brown ram through the same area like 1 minute before Johne did.

Latest posts