• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Wacky and wild round of golf to watch in person. Great atmosphere......it was really cool to see a bunch of the other pros (most notably Don Smith, Drew Gibson, Max Nichols, Simon Lizotte, Paul Ulibarri) going nuts watching it live. Why JohnE didn't layup on #17 with a 3 stroke lead; I'll never know. Horrible decision.

I haven't watched the televised version yet, so I don't know how much of it you saw on the feed. But on 10 I think it was, Will 3 putted. He took a walk around and talked himself down. Regained his composure really nicely. It was cool to see. Congrats on a great victory.

*"The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
-GM Savielly Tartakower
Well known chess quote, fitting for today.

It's like they had a pro play the course and then put OB exactly where their shots landed and everywhere remotely close. That was crazy. Not very fun to watch either, didn't look like anybody was having fun... At all.

I'm all for making things challenging for these top level pros and to help separate the pack. BUT, that was stupid. Those boundaries were hard to see (for both spectators and players).

Worlds was EPIC, this was, Meh...

So the weather for today shows clear with around a 10 mph wind for the entire lead card round, which is pretty similar to the conditions of round 1 and 2. Just for the sake of projections, assume the lead card shoots the exact same round they shot during round 2 (McBeth -7, Will -8, JohnE -9). That would result in a three way tie for first place and send them into a playoff. Wouldn't that be one hell of a finish.

What kind of witchcraft is this?!? Posted at 12:19, way before it happened.
Lol!!

So since Paige won the Performance division this year, does that mean she gets an automatic bid to Open Flight next year?

It's like they had a pro play the course and then put OB exactly where their shots landed and everywhere remotely close. That was crazy. Not very fun to watch either, didn't look like anybody was having fun... At all.

I'm all for making things challenging for these top level pros and to help separate the pack. BUT, that was stupid. Those boundaries were hard to see (for both spectators and players).

Worlds was EPIC, this was, Meh...

Are you talking about the USDGC?

The ropes have been in the same place(for the most part) for many years, and the pros know where they are very well. Most play the course quite a lot the week before the tourney.

The course is a lot of fun, a lot of tricky slopes and rolling hills, and a great challenge.

Then again, you may be talking about something completely different.

why did paul miss that putt? i dont get it

My homecooked armchair psychiatrist theory:

Paul wanted to win _this_ tournament. Normally he just wants to win.

Allow me to explain. :)

One of the reasons he can be so stone cold normally is that he is not personally invested in winning a particular event. He wants to win, but if he doesn't it just means more practice and on to next weeks tournament.

But he wanted this particular one. After the third Worlds title and his late started run this last year, it was what he was missing. There was no (immediate) fixing this, if he did not win.

He was looking rattled from the moment he looked like he had it in the bag. A few holes into round 2, and we started to see mistakes we would not expect.

The last putt was just the end of it.

TL;DR: He actually cared and he is apparently human.

Does anyone know where I can watch it? McFly's usually the route I go and he hasn't uploaded the latest yet. I keep seeing and hearing about "chairgate" and I'm all confused.

Go to dgplanet.tv to watch the whole thing.

Or wait till tonight (probably) to watch McFly's vid.

Latest posts