• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Accomplishments and 2016 Goals

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
What were your biggest accomplishments of 2015? What goals are you still chasing for 2016?

For me, in 2015, I broke the 450' distance barrier this past year which I'm stoked about! I say this every year (literally for the past 5 years), but I think I'm starting to settle on some plastic. There's some that I've had for about 6 months now that I haven't wanted to replace or try something different, so there's that! :thmbup:

In 2016, I'm still hunting my first ace :wall: Had a lot of close calls and tons of good ace runs this year, so hopefully 2016 will be the one! I would also like to learn some new shots like rollers, forehands, and consistent anny-flexes with overstable discs for accuracy (rather than just a little upshot).

2015 saw me eclipse a 950 rating after two years back into the sport. I really felt like many things were starting to click.
And then I destroyed my shoulder again and haven't thrown since June. So the goal for 2016 is enough physical therapy to allow me to hopefully throw again. I've got new Comets and XT Polecats sitting here as an incentive.

2015: Discovered my favorite sport of all time in May, played about 70 rounds and amassed a couple hundred discs. Enjoyed the hell out of playing, even when I sucked. Learned to throw 300' consistently and flirted with 350' once or twice. Attended the usdgc.

2016: Play as often as weather allows this winter to continue to improve, join our local league, play some tournaments and not finish last. Hopefully hit the 350' mark regularly by this time next year. Keep enjoying the sport, don't go crazy buying discs. Probably attend two or three pro tournaments.

2015: Discovered my favorite sport of all time in May, played about 70 rounds and amassed a couple hundred discs. Enjoyed the hell out of playing, even when I sucked. Learned to throw 300' consistently and flirted with 350' once or twice. Attended the usdgc.

2016: Play as often as weather allows this winter to continue to improve, join our local league, play some tournaments and not finish last. Hopefully hit the 350' mark regularly by this time next year. Keep enjoying the sport, don't go crazy buying discs. Probably attend two or three pro tournaments.

Welcome to the sport! Hoarding discs is perfectly normal, promise :thmbup:

1. Get my rating over 970.
2. Propose/design/build a couple of new courses (some combination of those 3).
3. More emphasis on running tournaments.

And those 3 all work against each other. Each of them takes time away from the other two. Prediction: I fail at all 3.

My first full year in the sport has come and gone, learned a ton, made some money, some good friends and had a blast. In 2016 I'm looking to get my rating to around 950, get more accustomed to tournament play (5 scheduled) and be way more active in local mini's.

2015: didnt meet any of my goals

2016: play less disc golf, forget about competing or making videos that people just rip on me for, and get back to the FUN of disc golf. Maybe in 2017 get back into tourneys.

2016: play less disc golf, forget about competing or making videos that people just rip on me for, and get back to the FUN of disc golf. Maybe in 2017 get back into tourneys.

Sorry to hear all that Andy, do you have a link to your vids? I don't recall seeing any of them.

I had a pretty good year overall, won the only tourney I got in and improved quite a bit in all phases. Goals for next year are to continue to improve bh distance, continue to develop a reliable fh throw, continue to improve consistency putting, and work out more in the gym for more strength and flexibility.

2015: qaulify for am words, check. Get some tournament rounds under my belt that actually matched up to my skill level, check.

2016. WIN AM WORLDS. Get better every day. Throw every day

2015 accomplishments:

-won my first advanced tournament
- cashed in every tournament
- played 8 tournments this year, double of all combined tournements so far.
- became course pro
- raised some money for a course
- learned alot
- beat local pro for 1st time
- i think after the next update ill be over 935, which was a goal for this year. No more intermediate!

2016 goals:
- improve form.
- throw 450ft
- better putting
- better upshots
- learn to drive sidearm
- get rating up to 960.

Going to practice hard.

I will be a scratch player.

2015: qaulify for am words, check. Get some tournament rounds under my belt that actually matched up to my skill level, check.

2016. WIN AM WORLDS. Get better every day. Throw every day

GL. I know matty kashima is still a am.

2015:

Won a 2 day, 54 hole C-Tier with a dramatic comeback on the last two holes. Employed some real-time game theory & strategy for really the first time in a tournament to do so. Only MA3 but it was still pulsating, to me.

Made huge strides in my mental game during tournaments.

2016:

Get my rating above 900.

Win the SoCal MA3 points series.

Scoop the ace pool at the Monday night weekly at Verdugo.

Not that I was a video maker, but I did the same thing recently. I just forgot about tournaments and putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on myself. I've found that my drive to do better and my actual growth has gone up substantially. Best of luck in 2016! :clap::thmbup:

2015:
played 7 sanctioned events, plus 2-3 others
1 win, several seconds
No horrid rounds (1 tournament was at a tough, new course and my scores showed it)
Improved my putting inside the circle
Rating up to 908
Ran a small tournament

Didn't:
Learn sidearm drives, although approaches are OK
Add much distance, still sitting around 350' average
Record any Aces, LOTS of chainouts

2016:
Play a few more events, including a few out of state
Run 2 tournaments
Continue to grow and support my local club
Rating up to 935
Throw a round of 990+
Regularly attend a local league
Help with course maintenance
Keep bag consistently MVP
Get a spot as an MVP tester

Last edited:
2015 Success-
-1st open win
-Highest rating ever
-Tourney rounds were closer each time rather than one hot round and one blow up
Failures
-No 1000 rated rounds ��

2016 goals
-Throw no lower than a 950 round
-Eclipse 1000 rating by last update
-Have fun n Remember I'm just throwing frisbees into what people think are grills

2015:
Had a lot of fun with my good disc golfin' friends,
Even though I'm still rated 899, had my first 1000 rated round,
Won my (age protected) division in 7 pdga sanctioned events out of 19 played: six times 1st place in Adv GM (had to stay there so I could play in my first and last Am Worlds), another 1st in Pro GM to start the season (had to decline cash),
Took a Silver medal in the National Senior Games,
Reached Diamond Trusted Reviewer here on dgcr,
Finally cashed ('again') in Pro GM to end the season, so I'm no longer an 'amateur' (gonna quit my day job ! ;) )

2016:
Have even more fun (partly by being a little more selective on tourney opportunities),
Move my rating back over 900 and never drop below it again,
Play a few dozen more new courses & keep writing reviews,
Keep helping out when local courses or event organizers need it,
and finally, just keep on marveling at the beautiful flight characteristics of a well-thrown disc, no matter who did it!

2015 accomplishment: Made it to 2016. Probably.

2016 goal: Make it to 2017.

And, for Pete's sake, quit getting injured so often, so I can perhaps have some loftier accomplishments by this time next year. Of course, I've got to first recover from the current batch of injuries. Sigh.

GL. I know matty kashima is still a am.

Maybe I should rephrase that as "give am worlds the best shot I possibly can". I don't know if I will be good enough to win. But I'm going to give it everything I've got

2015 accomplishments:

Moved to Open division this year
Learned to putt, finally
2 Open Wins, and two 2nd place finishes
Almost broke 1k in cash from PDGA events
Won South Jersey Tournament Series

2016 goals:

Practice more
clean up my throwing form a little more
cash in every event
Win the South Jersey Series again

2015:
-Win a tournament. Check. Won one in Rec, one in Int, which was cool.
-Throw 350' consistently, after only throwing about 320 last year. Check.
-Qualify for Am Worlds. Check.
-Get rating above 920. No Check. Next update should have me around 910, but I'm definitely playing better.

2016:
-Get rating over 935.
-Don't poo myself at Am Worlds.
-Get to over 225 courses played. At 180 now.
-Get the distance to over 400', consistently. Currently at about 370 consistently.

Latest posts