• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

First time playing bowling green. What makes this tourney other than players pack?

I'd say the party, the flymart, the opportunity to test yourself against the largest field available for each division (points, baby!), the extra events the week of, and some pretty nice courses all tidied up with a dash of pride at hosting the big event.

Haven't been to Worlds yet, but they supposedly compare in 'atmosphere' due to the huge number of kindred spirits in the area with you for a weekend (or most of the week, if you can get in early and enjoy the extra events).

The hundreds of competitors, Flymart, Wah Bah's, the event staff, and days of competition are some things that make this tourney great.

One of the other appealing aspects is that the courses are all so close together, and there is such a high level of organization about the whole thing.

Overall it is such a unique experience compared to any other tournament.

Only 7 spots left unless you're older than 40 or a woman - good timing if you sign up now!

What makes this event great- I've played many majors, NTs, A tiers around the country, and this consistently tops my list of favorite events - the atmosphere, wah bahs is great place to hang out with activities constantly going on - putting contests, ctps, one round challenges, vendors, food, etc. The camping at the KOA is great, campfires, glow round, food and shenanigans. The courses aren't blow you away awesome (well, unless you're a senior or a female and get to play holler..) but solid challenging courses. Of course the fly mart and other competitions going on throughout the week - big arm, performance flight, doubles, etc. All partying with 800 like minded people from all around the world.

First time playing bowling green. What makes this tourney other than players pack?

Mainly the competition level.

Since it's in the same location every year and in the same basic time frame (within a couple weeks) it allows for planning by players. The western Kentucky location is also in a pretty good location to allow for easy travel from other states.

Course are good but the quantity of courses in the area in what also contributes to the success (in my opinion).

The courses played have been the same for most divisions for the past 4+ years and the one thing I would like is if there was an occasional course mix. With Holler being used this year for Seniors and Female - I'd love to see it as an option in other pools. But I also understand that the limited parking at Holler is a very good reason why it probably isn't included in other Pools. I'd gladly trade Phil Moore for a different option!:)

is this the quickest a big tourney like this has filled up?

This year should set records.

Maybe World's in Minnesota - I believe Adv masters and Adv GM were both full in 24 hours. But for Adv, Int and Rec to all fill at 170 each is crazy fast.

As much as I love all of the BG courses, you don't play the ams for them. They are good enough and close enough together to hold a tournament of this size, but they are not the most challenging out there. The players pack is ridiculous, it is well run, there are so many side events before and during the weekend, and bowling green is a great town for it. Not too big, but plenty of places to eat, lodge, and hang out. Its a special event for many reasons

Visit Unstable Disc Gof Gar $ Zipper Grips at Flymart

Unstable Disc Golf Gear & Zipper Grips has reserved two tables in the main room of the flymart - be sure to visit them Friday night!

Attachments

• unstableziplogoBG.jpg
    unstableziplogoBG.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts