• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open

Ricky went out and got it today. Great round for Will too. It's awesome to see those two putting it together, they're the only ones on tour (and MAYBE Simon) who can rival McBeast in pure talent. Now they just have to find a way to match his consistency and mental game.

Tomorrow is going to be a slugfest. All four are on the lead card are certainly capable of putting up an insane number... Let's see if Paul saved his extra gear for Sunday like he usually does... I think he did.

Based on earlier comments they will be doing online broadcast of the final round correct? The TV coverage is scheduled for 9:10 eastern. Will the online coverage start at the same time? Looking forward to seeing the course and watching the tournament.

Based on earlier comments they will be doing online broadcast of the final round correct? The TV coverage is scheduled for 9:10 eastern. Will the online coverage start at the same time?

Just to make you aware, that 9:10 AM on the website doesn't take daylight saving time into account, so I think the live broadcast will start at 8:10 AM EDT. And yes, both TV and online coverage are the same.

If the info I've gathered so far holds true, we will see top four MPO cards and at least the FPO lead card. Last time they covered holes 16-18, but they might have expanded this considering the increase in budget.

Just to make you aware, that 9:10 AM on the website doesn't take daylight saving time into account, so I think the live broadcast will start at 8:10 AM EDT. And yes, both TV and online coverage are the same.

If the info I've gathered so far holds true, we will see top four MPO cards and at least the FPO lead card. Last time they covered holes 16-18, but they might have expanded this considering the increase in budget.

Thank you for the heads up on that. Looking forward to this. I will be working on a project tomorrow so it will be nice to watch the coverage while I am working.

To counter all of the negative feedback I would just like to point out that the website / web presence for the european open is far more advanced than anything I've seen yet. I know it may seem minor to some, but they have done a great job making the event as professional and modern looking as possible. Also as far as the "insider show" not being as good as coverage, NO clearly anything other than coverage with never be as satisfying as coverage.... I think the benefits to this format are more so in showing disc golfs ability to be analyzed and presented in the same way other sports are.
I for one would much rather see the sport get to a point where a 450ft tunnel shot for birdie has just as much a chance to get on sports center as a hole in one.

I for one would much rather see the sport get to a point where a 450ft tunnel shot for birdie has just as much a chance to get on sports center as a hole in one.

They barely put more than aces/eagles from regular golf on sportscenter, so I wouldn't expect that from them any time soon.

I saw McBeth holding his lower back immediately after driving 11 today. He kept holding his hand on it as he walked off the tee. Didn't limp or anything though. Maybe has something to do with him being a bit off his game?

I saw McBeth holding his lower back immediately after driving 11 today. He kept holding his hand on it as he walked off the tee. Didn't limp or anything though. Maybe has something to do with him being a bit off his game?

Bummer. Hate to see anyone get injured. I may wish the others to win, but never like that. Hope he's ok.

Bummer. Hate to see anyone get injured. I may wish the others to win, but never like that. Hope he's ok.

I hope he'll be ok too. I felt a sudden rush of empathy towards him as I have injured my back multiple times before, both on and off the course.

http://www.opendiscgolf.com/2015/07/18/moving-day-summary-the-americans-climb-up-the-leaderboard/

Before the finals I would like to highlight some junior success. As you can read from the article linked here, women's 5th and 6th place are held by two Finns, 16 and 15 years of age respectively. In the Open division, 15-year-old Jasper Heino has played a 1000-rated tournament so far and he is currently 41st. This must be a great experience for all three and I hope we hear a lot about them in the future.

^ That is awesome! Hope they all have great finishes tomorrow. :thmbup:

So the coverage starts at 8:10 their time and that would be 11:10 tonight CST? and the lead card going off around 3:15 am.? Should be done by 6 am here.

So the coverage starts at 8:10 their time and that would be 11:10 tonight CST? and the lead card going off around 3:15 am.? Should be done by 6 am here.
Local times:
Lead card tee-off 12:15 PM
Live coverage 3:10 PM

Central Time Zone is 8 hours behind Finland, you do the math :) It's interesting how the schedule will fit in to the rhythm of play, last time the play had to be stopped in order to make schedules meet :|

Local times:
Lead card tee-off 12:15 PM
Live coverage 3:10 PM

Central Time Zone is 8 hours behind Finland, you do the math :) It's interesting how the schedule will fit in to the rhythm of play, last time the play had to be stopped in order to make schedules meet :|

What? Lead card tees off and don't get covered till 3:10? Hell, they will be done.