• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 PDGA Amateur World Championships

I am at home and cannot remember my Disc Golf Scene password. If someone asks this question in the comment section there, it would likely get answered. I will try to do it from work tomorrow.

DGS will be a pretty good resource for this World Championship, given the activity of Michigan disc golf on that site.

I just checked out the comments, thanks for looking into that for me.:hfive: I should get myself an account.

How about that people! Field sizes have expanded for s few divisions. Who are the front runners? How many locals think they have the advantage? What's a must do outside of golfing (and not the brewery)?
Where is the best burger joint? Any local advice? Less then 6 weeks away.

Just booked our lodging, after finally convincing the Mrs & my daughter to come along, since this is birthday week for both of them. Any awesome suggestions for things for them to do in the area while I play? things to do nearby on my two 'light' days? Will probably head over to the lake & take in a sandy beach, but other ideas?

Last edited:
Sisy...don't know how old your daughter is or what the two of them are into but, some things off the top of my head: Air Zoo, Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek, Wineries west of Kazoo (Paw Paw, Baroda), Kalamazoo Growlers minor league baseball, Kalamazoo Children's Museum, Lake Michigan.

here's a link to Discover Kalamazoo: http://www.discoverkalamazoo.com/in...onth=07/18/2015&endMonth=07/26/2015&category=

I second what tim said- Grand rapids is only little over an hour away and is another place worth wandering around. I would def stop at lake Michigan for a day and walk the pier.

Anyone have RV/Campground recommendations for Kalamazoo area. My searches found little to choose from.

FWIW. Discovered that the local RV/campground sites are filled or filling fast. ColdBrook (most convenient if your pool plays there) is full. I got one of 2 spots left at Markin Glenn, just north of town.

Carpooling / Ride Assistance.
I'm playing Adv Masters and my son is playing <16 Jrs.
We are staying at the host hotel and looking for assistance with travel on Tuesday(1st day of competition).
I'll be at Timber Ridge and need to get him to his courses, Hoping to find someone in the <16 or <19 divisions at the host hotel. I think I have the other days covered but logistics on Tuesday could be an issue. Thanks!

Course Questions

Does anybody know what the course at timber ridge will be like. Par (ish)? Distance/Length of course? Also, are there planned to be any temporary basket/tee locations at any of the courses, that may vary the distance from what is listed on this site?

Does anybody know what the course at timber ridge will be like. Par (ish)? Distance/Length of course? Also, are there planned to be any temporary basket/tee locations at any of the courses, that may vary the distance from what is listed on this site?

The last time this course was in was for 2008 Worlds. I am not sure the same, or even a similiar set up will be used. I did play the course then, and it was big. With it being the site of headquarters and the finals, I would assume the same will be true again.

Forgive me if it's been asked before, but does the big block of time for Timber Ridge (Tuesday, in my case) mean we'll have tee times (instead of the customary scramble start), or is it just expected to take all day for the one round??

Forgive me if it's been asked before, but does the big block of time for Timber Ridge (Tuesday, in my case) mean we'll have tee times (instead of the customary scramble start), or is it just expected to take all day for the one round??

Per Andrew Sweeton on DGS. "Timber Ridge is tee times."

Yup. Anyone want to bug timg to get Timber Ridge brought back from extinct for the week?

Quote from Dave Davies, off of DGS.

"you guys ready for Timber Ridge? 9800 feet of fun!!! A couple of us helped Larry finish up the course installation over the weekend with a lot of aches and sweating, you are all going to love it!
https://goo.gl/photos/U7WTDCiVxpxUkTxU9

:clap: :thmbup: :clap: