• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 PDGA Amateur World Championships

Buchajs1

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Figured that since there is not a thread (that I can see, correct me if I'm wrong) based solely on this, and since I am curious, as are others as well. If anyone is in the know about the specifics for next years am worlds in Kalamazoo and is willing to share information, I would like to know more details. Let the discussion begin!

Here are a few things I know about 2015 Am Worlds:
- Bell's Brewery is the official presenting sponsor
- Still looking for more sponsors
- Larry LaBond is the TD

Some things I've heard about it (so may not be 100% accurate):
- There will be a total of 8 courses used at six locations (two of which have two courses)
1) Robert Morris (RoMo)
2) Oshtemo
3) Vicksburg
4) Knollwood
5) Meyer Broadway (Three Rivers) - has 2 courses
6) Spinski's - has 2 courses

(Please edit the thread title to 2015 PDGA Amateur World Championships so the thread appears legit.)

Maybe Larry will see this thread and post. I know some info but won't post until Larry goes public.

From K'aces Facebook Page:

K'ACES DISC GOLF shared 2015 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships's status.
November 11
We just got done with our PDGA site visit. Thanks Chuck Kennedy! We are working with the PDGA to get our schedule done early, so players will be able to know where and what layout to practice. For now our list of courses are:

Oshtemo Township Park
Robert Morris Park
Vicksburg Recreation Area (ViRA)
Coldbrook Park
Meyer Broadway - North
Meyer Broadway - South
Spinski's - Original
Spinski's - Big
Timberidge Ski Area

Timberidge won't be installed until shortly before worlds. Robert Morris, Coldbrook, and both Spinski's courses require a fee to practice. Both of the Spinski's courses and Timberidge (when installed) are private courses. Please check hours before playing.

This list of courses is subject to change. Courses may still be added or removed. Thanks!

There we go with what I know. Thanks for updating the title. Not sure if Larry has had his discussion with PDGA HQ on the preliminary schedule draft yet.

Timber Ridge is a beast. Owner has been kind enough to open this ski area, but never agreed to keep it as a permanent course. Though, I believe it was open for a summer. I also saw a rock festival there back in the late 80's. Ratt, Accept, Night Ranger, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Triumph and Ozzy. All for twenty bucks. Need to make it out there for a couple rounds before worlds.

So the answer for invited U.S. players is Friday, May 8th at 12:01 am, right? I've heard advanced grandmasters fills up in less that 24 hours, so want to make sure!

So the answer for invited U.S. players is Friday, May 8th at 12:01 am, right? I've heard advanced grandmasters fills up in less that 24 hours, so want to make sure!

That is the way I am reading it. I am so geeked to get a chance to play this, I just want to make sure I am understanding also. We get automatic invites if we are over 75 points THIS YEAR? (playing advanced grandmasters, as well).

That is the way I am reading it. I am so geeked to get a chance to play this, I just want to make sure I am understanding also. We get automatic invites if we are over 75 points THIS YEAR? (playing advanced grandmasters, as well).

That's the way it reads, and it doesn't seem to specify that those 75 points had to come in AGM events...but you may want to contact them to be sure. I've got the points either way, and expect my third invite, but the first one I've been able to plan on attending. Pretty stoked!

Should and all amateur points count towards the 75 regardless of the division you received them (AM3, AM2, etc...) Just make sure you take the Certified Officials test on the PDGA ($10 I believe) as you have to be certified to play from what I understand. :hfive:

Just make sure you take the Certified Officials test on the PDGA ($10 I believe) as you have to be certified to play from what I understand. :hfive:

You have to be certified to even register! To avoid complications with registration, make sure your PDGA membership is current and that you have completed the officials exam well in advance of the time you plan to register.

Should and all amateur points count towards the 75 regardless of the division you received them (AM3, AM2, etc...) Just make sure you take the Certified Officials test on the PDGA ($10 I believe) as you have to be certified to play from what I understand. :hfive:

You have to be certified to even register! To avoid complications with registration, make sure your PDGA membership is current and that you have completed the officials exam well in advance of the time you plan to register.

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. Looks like I will get on the testing very soon. :hfive:

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. Looks like I will get on the testing very soon. :hfive:

Right on. It's open book and pretty easy really. There were a couple of questions I had to re-read a few times to make exactly sure of what they were asking.

... We get automatic invites if we are over 75 points THIS YEAR? (playing advanced grandmasters, as well).

Well, yeah, probably, but....

Technically it says "Top Amateur Points earners of the 2014 PDGA Tour year:" So, they may have yet to decide where the cut-off is for "top". All that is promised is that they won't set the cutoff below 75 points for MG1s.

They could (I think) decide that "top" starts at, say, 103 points if they wanted to limit the number of invitations per slot to a more reasonable ratio.

However, since almost no one understands that, if they didn't send out invitations to all us MG1s with 75 or more points, it would be seen as a betrayal of trust. So I think all MG1s with 75 points will get invites.

Well, yeah, probably, but....

Technically it says "Top Amateur Points earners of the 2014 PDGA Tour year:" So, they may have yet to decide where the cut-off is for "top". All that is promised is that they won't set the cutoff below 75 points for MG1s.

They could (I think) decide that "top" starts at, say, 103 points if they wanted to limit the number of invitations per slot to a more reasonable ratio.

However, since almost no one understands that, if they didn't send out invitations to all us MG1s with 75 or more points, it would be seen as a betrayal of trust. So I think all MG1s with 75 points will get invites.

Seems pretty reasonable to set the standard higher given the quick sell out. But, I would agree that after raising the point standard, the push back would be pretty intense if they then set the bar higher.
How do they determine what division they send an invite for. With more than 75 points, I think I would actually qualify for both masters and grands. Do I get an invite for both?

Seems pretty reasonable to set the standard higher given the quick sell out. But, I would agree that after raising the point standard, the push back would be pretty intense if they then set the bar higher.
How do they determine what division they send an invite for. With more than 75 points, I think I would actually qualify for both masters and grands. Do I get an invite for both?

Not for Masters, looks like you need 250 pts for Adv Masters.

Not sure about multiple invites but I imagine if you qualified for two different divisions you could register for either one off the one invite.