• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

Maybe I missed it, but is there a website or Facebook page dedicated to this year's Worlds that's not the PDGA page? Looks like madcitydisc.org hasn't been updated since 2015. I enjoyed getting updates on FB from previous Worlds clubs, etc. Got me amped up...

Thanks.

Yeah the only thing I see is the disscussion thread on the Discgolf Scene sign up page. I find the lack of information dissapointing.

Yeah the only thing I see is the disscussion thread on the Discgolf Scene sign up page. I find the lack of information dissapointing.

This thread probably had the potential to be better, if it wasn't made up of 90% registration complaints and their rebuttals.

This thread probably had the potential to be better, if it wasn't made up of 90% registration complaints and their rebuttals.

Agreed. The TD's have smartly steered clear over here when it was obvious that most of the posts were whining by non players.

So lets get it more on track. Who else is super pumped? This guy is!

How cart friendly are these courses?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I asked a friend the same thing I used to use a cart there but that was 15 years ago ....
The reply I got was its not bad for carts just a few spots at Elver might be a bit rough ...
The question I have is when can we play without the purchase of daily passes for the pay to play courses:\

Re: Carts. There will be a 5 or 6 hole stretch at Birds where Carts will be more than a little difficult to manage, but not impossible. Elver starts out working it's way up a ski hill, but otherwise it is pretty cart friendly. The others are a piece of cake.

Re: Carts. There will be a 5 or 6 hole stretch at Birds where Carts will be more than a little difficult to manage, but not impossible. Elver starts out working it's way up a ski hill, but otherwise it is pretty cart friendly. The others are a piece of cake.

THANKS!

Give us a hint.

I noticed some of the courses have multiple tees. Which divisions will be playing from which tees?

Just a hint.

Thanks,

For those traveling to madison you are in for a treat! Bird ruins is almost finished and the addition of the new nine is gonna be amazing. Probably the most scenic course around here and plenty of challenging holes to keep you entertained or frustrated! Stoked for this to come here. I won't be playing but I'll be out there volunteering as much as I can.

Chiggers?

Does Madison have chiggers? Biting gnats (no-see-ums)? What other biting/stinging pests? I know when some players got to Charlotte in '12 they'd never seen chiggers and fire ants before.

Does Madison have chiggers? Biting gnats (no-see-ums)? What other biting/stinging pests? I know when some players got to Charlotte in '12 they'd never seen chiggers and fire ants before.

Ive only heard of one case of chiggers in my 30 years in Wisconsin. Mosquitos are present but not really a big problem. Marshal will probably spray the course if the bugs are bad there.

Mosquitoes, and occasional ticks. That's pretty much all you'll have to deal with.

Bugs are not bad this year around here. I played token and Marshall today in MCO and bugs/mosquitoes were a non issue. Didn't notice them once, even at Marshall. Cap springs is probably the worst right now and even so, its not anywhere near what it has been.

Flying in from NC on Wed/22nd, playing the courses, headed out on Fri afternoon. Let me know if any MM1 players are available for some rounds. Thanks!

I am looking for folk playing in MG1 (Advanced Grandmasters) Pool G. OR MS1 (Senior Grands) Pool S.

We are traveling from Nashville and I am in Senior Grands and my traveling buddy, Keith Mason is still a Grand. And we only rented one car. We are staying in the Best Western Suites near the tournament hotel.

It would be great if we could find someone for him to carpool with to his courses. OR someone for me to carpool with.

We buy gas.

Thanks, Ron Pittman

If I've only got the time (and energy) to practice 4 of the 5 courses before the tournament starts, which one should I skip?