• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

Hole 13 at Elver and 9 at Hiestand kind of threw me off. The were very reminiscent of Spinski's the prior year. Throw and hope holes. Other than those, all of the courses were really clean and fun. The wooded holes of Capital Springs are amazing. I have a real soft spot for wooded holes that somehow maintain grass. Also, coming from an area with nothing more than par 3's, getting to play some legitimate par 4's throughout the tournament was a big plus. Madison was an amazing city. The Ale Asylum brewery tour was really cool. Karben4 has some great flatbread pizzas. Of course the beer from both is top notch.

Hiestand was my favorite course. That to me is what disc golf should be. Token Creek was pretty good too, though I could have had a few less of the very open holes. Elver was good but it had a couple of goofy throw and hope holes. Capital Springs has too many open holes. I liked the elevation change and the few woods holes, but otherwise it doesn't seem like a very good course for a world championship competition. The rough at Bird's Ruins was ridiculous. I don't know how that passed muster for a tournament of this size. One guy throws into the rough and finds his disc in a couple minutes and still has a clear and open next shot. Another guy throws in the rough and the group can't find his disc within 3 minutes. Sorry, take a stroke and re-throw from your previous lie. Didn't happen to me, but it did to another guy in my group and I know it happened to many other people. I felt so bad for them. The tall grass was so bad that even having a spotter on the hole didn't mean you were going to find your disc, even if it was just 10-20 feet off the fairway.

I was super impressed with the amount of water out on the courses. If any of those volunteers are reading this, thank you so much to those that did the work to bring all of those jugs out there.

Not so impressed with the lack of porta potties.

I guess some pools in the mens advanced division got better playing conditions just because of weather and the particular course they were on at certain times. I don't know if this is a complaint because I'm guessing there isn't a practical solution to that problem. So, more of an observation.

We had one player find his disc, go back to get something to throw, then could not re-find the thrown disc. After that, we left one player to stand there like an English Pointer.

How many porta potties are impressive? My my count They were every 9 holes on all the courses, which seemed good to me.

Well, you need a lot when they provide ice water on every tee.

How many porta potties are impressive? My my count They were every 9 holes on all the courses, which seemed good to me.

A bunch around the course HQs would have been great, when people want to take care of business. The woods do just fine for me when I'm out on the course.

Example: There was quite a long line at Elver when I played 25 minutes before the start. I got in early but a few people that need to number 2 and folks towards the back of the line for the single porta potty are going to be scrambling to get to their holes on time.

Can anyone tell me the capacity of the Juju that was given out at Ams?
It looks like its the same as the original Juju, which is 8-10, but the (presumably "new") Juju online shows 10-12 and looks noticeably bigger.

Can anyone tell me the capacity of the Juju that was given out at Ams?
It looks like its the same as the original Juju, which is 8-10, but the (presumably "new") Juju online shows 10-12 and looks noticeably bigger.

It is slightly bigger than the original Juju.

I was able to put two putters, two mids, three fairway drivers and three distance drivers in it.

It's a great small bag!

It is slightly bigger than the original Juju.

I was able to put two putters, two mids, three fairway drivers and three distance drivers in it.

It's a great small bag!

It really looks like a great bag. Examining mine more closely and it looks like it has great sturdy construction.

Which reminds me, check in was super easy and was very smooth. Friendly people working check in. Sign this waiver, here is your bag/player's pack and a couple other things. Good to go.

Nope...Adam. Played the semis with ya!

That's right, my bad. Good playing with you at Hiestand. When the dust settled you were on the top card, got to be happy with that, congrats. There was a fight for the #4 spot, really close. Keep it up!

Does anyone know if the ratings for our rounds at worlds are included in our overall rating once it gets submitted? Someone said they don't count them?