• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds

filobedo

Double Eagle Member
I have heard a rumor of location but does anyone have specifics of the location?

I have heard a rumor of location but does anyone have specifics of the location?

The PDGA hasn't announced the location yet. No one but maybe the folks bidding for the tournament know anything specific.

Bid submission period ends May 15, selection announcement is June 12.

I think.

Bid submission period ends May 15, selection announcement is June 12.

I think.

That is for the new Team Disc Golf World Championships.

Award is supposed to be "by may 2015" according to the bid guidelines.

This. The PDGA doesn't publish the schedule of the Board of Directors meetings (at least publicly that I am aware of). However, the most recent minutes available (January meeting) state that the Spring Summit will be May 20-21. I would think that would be the latest they would make the decision. Obviously, since the winning bidder barely has a year left to prepare, the earlier the better.

Any rumors as to where it will be? I qualified this year but don't think I'm making the trek... really want to go one of these years.

Ah, what I mean is we have a World Championship, U.S. Championship, Doubles Championship, Team Championship, Global Championship, plus top-rated,top-ranked, top-points, top-money-winner, all in about 34 different divisions, half of which I qualify for.

Multiplied by the number of state championships (a decade or more ago I counted 72 events with "champion" in their name, and it's surely higher now).

The fact that I can play as much as I do and avoid all of these titles continues to amaze and dismay me.

Despite which, I'd love to go to another Worlds, wherever it turns out to be. Somebody's got to finish 245th, after all.

Any rumors as to where it will be? I qualified this year but don't think I'm making the trek... really want to go one of these years.

Madison is submitting a bid, and I know Indianapolis talked about submitting a bid one of these years.