• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

For my preference, a superclass disc would be superfun for the ace race! Something big and floaty and easy to throw for begginers/ultimate players. A larger diameter disc would also make it slightly easier to rack up those metal hits :thmbup:

They tried the Zeppelin. Was a good disc for the Ace Race, but never made production.

NebulaSS or NebulaOS; I want both.

The Z Neb was a NebulaBS.

I agree with the second half. I had several ESP Nebulas and absolutely loved them. While I did have a huge ace with my Z Nebula, I never fully clicked because it felt and flew too similar to a Roc, and those were easier to afford.

I greatly regret giving up my ESP Nebulas.

For an Ace Race disc, overstable anything are bad choices. At least most of the courses I have played for Ace Races require more finesse than power. For better or worse, understable gives you a better tournament experience.

They tried the Zeppelin. Was a good disc for the Ace Race, but never made production.

Not suprisingly, if was a putter that won an Ace Race for me. I throw putters whenever I can.

I'm so well invested in various Aviars, though, that the Zep never had a chance to make my bag.

How about a low profile understable putter? Zone SS?

I would love a ZoneSS, but I am taking the opportunity to quibble. Not merely with you but with the general perception that the Zone is a low profile disc.

Sure the Zone feels low profile but by hard specs on the PDGA approval list it has a height of 2cm which puts it pretty average for a putter or even a little high profile if one considers it a mid.

I would love a ZoneSS, but I am taking the opportunity to quibble. Not merely with you but with the general perception that the Zone is a low profile disc.

Sure the Zone feels low profile but by hard specs on the PDGA approval list it has a height of 2cm which puts it pretty average for a putter or even a little high profile if one considers it a mid.

I get what you are saying. Zones seem low profile to me, whether they are or not is debatable. To each his/her own.

I get what you are saying. Zones seem low profile to me, whether they are or not is debatable. To each his/her own.

Yes they have a hand feel that I'm temped to describe as "low profile" even knowing they are not according to physical dimensions.

I want a fast understable putter that feels "low profile" for the Ace Race disc.

They weren't low profile, though the two concave ones I got did give the feel. I thought it looked faster than what it was.

Any word on this year's disc? Is it usually posted on their site or facebook first? When was it announced last year? I'm thinking it was June.

I'm glad to see that the whole skull motif may be gone. I'm probably part of a weird group, but a shirt with a skull in a biker helmet was not really a selling point for my events.

I'm glad to see that the whole skull motif may be gone. I'm probably part of a weird group, but a shirt with a skull in a biker helmet was not really a selling point for my events.

I like some the older graphic designs that featured a single spade...seems more appropriate for an ace race. The skull with wings that they used for the heat was OK but not great. I'll admit that last years design was my least favorite ever. I could take or leave the skull in the biker helmet, but what really killed it for me was the overall business. The buzzsaw up top, chain links around the bottom, flames coming out the bottom of the skull, various styles of banners...it's just way too much.

Latest posts