• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

I'm not sure there are many left unreleased. Ti Comet? I think I have seen the Buzzz in every combo of Flex/Crystal/Ti/Sparkle......Agree that a mid or putter is more friendly to noobs playing in these events.

They did a Ti Comet last year as a ledgerstone fundraiser disc... And it is awesome

I was about to say that. Ledgestone is where the established molds in oddball plastics have always been, and frankly, it is where they belong. I like the mystique of not knowing what disc I will be tossing when the Ace Race finally comes around. For me personally, it ups the fun factor.

As much as I want a putter or mid, their mid lineup is covered, imo. They have the buzzz trio, comet/meteor, and wasp/hornet/drone. I just don't see sliding another mid in there. I'm sure I forgot some too.

The Zombee is more similar to a Warship then a Leopard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Heat is like a speed 9, but you could be right.

Last edited:
I have a 2014 AR disc here in my office...... very Leopard-like, as I've had a Leopard in the bag for many years.

Think he is referring to the Heat?

Yup, 2014 was the Heat in Z. I can see the relation to leopard, but to me it's more reminiscent of a roadrunner. (I've bagged champ leps and RR's throughout the years...and even the AR Z heat for a few rounds more recently.)

For my preference, a superclass disc would be superfun for the ace race! Something big and floaty and easy to throw for begginers/ultimate players. A larger diameter disc would also make it slightly easier to rack up those metal hits :thmbup:

For my preference, a superclass disc would be superfun for the ace race! Something big and floaty and easy to throw for begginers/ultimate players. A larger diameter disc would also make it slightly easier to rack up those metal hits :thmbup:

IMO superclass discs fly like sick animals and make me a little queasy to watch. I will cancel the Ace Race I'm planning on running if the disc diameter exceeds 21.7 cm.

Yup, 2014 was the Heat in Z. I can see the relation to leopard, but to me it's more reminiscent of a roadrunner. (I've bagged champ leps and RR's throughout the years...and even the AR Z heat for a few rounds more recently.)

Oops, I was thinking of the Mantis in TI for a Leopard like disc.

I was about to say that. Ledgestone is where the established molds in oddball plastics have always been, and frankly, it is where they belong. I like the mystique of not knowing what disc I will be tossing when the Ace Race finally comes around. For me personally, it ups the fun factor.

^^^^^^^^:thmbup:

IMO superclass discs fly like sick animals and make me a little queasy to watch. I will cancel the Ace Race I'm planning on running if the disc diameter exceeds 21.7 cm.

I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion. I don't bag anything larger in diameter than an M2/M3, but a few weeks ago I was playing catch with a friend's blizzard zephyr and I thought it was a heck of a lot of fun to throw. Not like typical golf disc, though, so I can see the distaste.

Latest posts