• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

I'll be playing this. If anybody wants to meet just PM.

Especially looking for a 500 ft thrower that wouldn't mind giving me form help.

Fund Rasing Discs

I have a few of the fundraising discs in . . . if you ordered Dynamic Disc of Innova you should have it, otherwise send me an e-mail as a few addresses are missing from each.

Not on the registration was Latitude 64 - as they are not always able to do one - - BUT this year we will have the first release of the Gladiator mailed to your home on the release date of Feb 3! Full color - gold line plastic . . . .

See photos and order info here: http://bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamDISCS.html

Attachments

• BG 2017 Lat 64 cfr disc.JPG
    BG 2017 Lat 64 cfr disc.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 32
  • bg ams 2017 Innova cfr colors.JPG
    bg ams 2017 Innova cfr colors.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 30
  • bg ams 2017 DD fund raising disc.JPG
    bg ams 2017 DD fund raising disc.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 26
Well dang. For the first time in 10 years, I may not be playing in this. Life happened and time slipped away, and now I'm playing the waiting game on the list. Fingers crossed!

I'll be there regardless. Still looking forward to it however it plays out!

There's a crew of us that camps at the KOA across from Basil Griffin. We'll be in the farthest site, near the pavilion. There's several other folks that camp along that way, and many others that take over the cabins. Not crazy expensive, especially if you're splitting the cost with a group of people.

We'll miss you this year. We will be heading off to GBO this year. Going to be weird not being there fo sho!!!

I am all signed up for Advanced and see that I will be playing Kereiakes, Phil Moore, SCKCTCS and Franklin.

Can anyone describe the layouts, strategy and expected scoring for these courses? I'll be doing my research based on reviews here and elsewhere, but would appreciate anyone who wants to do a writeup.

Leave your drivers at home. Mids and putters all day on these courses.

Leave your drivers at home. Mids and putters all day on these courses.

Greg, they might not know about your alter ego. You might post the classic disclaimer "your results may vary"! :p

I would not think of playing any of those courses without a driver... lol. Maybe if advanced was playing Hobson, Preston, Basil, Chalybeate

I use a driver for many purposes outside of distance. I am guessing the post was meant to be funny? Probably not that helpful for those coming here for information.

THERE ARE STILL OPEN SPOTS in Advanced Legend! There must be somebody out there that wants to play BG. All other adv men are filled. Ask your Dad or Grandpa to sign up before the chance is gone. This is my first time to KY. Hope to meet n play with some great guys.

Anyone know the status of the tech course? Just tried to play and it seems 3-6 or so are unplayable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why was it unplayable? Was it because of the construction?

Yes, starting from where 3s basket is supposed to be. You can't even get to 4 because it's fenced off with dirt and construction equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 should be back in place for the tournament, a new hole after 5 and 6 will be added (think lots of OB and short)

:confused: I don't remember there being a Pro side to the Amateur Championships at Bowling Green, nor the tournament being any tier besides an A Tier. :confused:

The event started way back in the 1970's and was originally called April Fools. It eventually became the Bowling Green Open and split into two separate weekends in 2000. The Pro weekend was even part of the National Tour for a few years. The Am event began to overshadow the pro event. The last Pro event held in 2010, had only 21 pro players, while the Am event that year had over 450 players.

1986 results

2010 BG Pros

2010 BG Ams

Latest posts