• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

Gotcha, good toss then. The play there is to throw into the hillside before the basket and get a trickle down to the target. A skip there is a good play if you can angle it right.

Did Climo withdraw? UDisc scoring says DNF, but I haven't seen any other tweets or comments about it.

I'm sure it was a calculated risk. If you managed to get high enough on the BH line and then shyzer in, you might get a Circle 1 look for bird after missing chains. FH line would be a lot scarier.

Whoops, nevermind. Sounds like he skipped it. Well done either way!

Last edited:
So Champ plays Hole 1 for the cameras, then withdraws, and his flight continues with only 3 people playing?
That's special.

So Champ plays Hole 1 for the cameras, then withdraws, and his flight continues with only 3 people playing?
That's special.

First card of the day is often a threesome at events like this. In fact, the first three cards today were threesomes (after he withdrew). If his intent was to try to finish the round, his card wouldn't have been going out first like it did.

Udisc says throw in from 264 feet. About the only way to get a deuce on that one is to throw it in from the fairway.

Thats bananas. Makes up for the 4 he got on hole 1. Weird to see him, Ricky, and Paige Pierce all get 4's on hole 1. I assumed that was sort of a gimme for them.

All aces pretty much are unless there is a hill behind it. We can argue which is the "perfect shot" one that it parked or one that hits chains.
It depends on the way it's aced. If the shot were to miss the basket completely and only go 10-15 feet past the basket it's a perfect ace If the disc were to miss the basket completely would end up 30-40 feet past the basket then it's a lucky ace.

Latest posts