• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

No Feature Card this year? 2017 hade McBeth, Pierce, Eagle and Koling..THAT was a fun card :)

Jomez is covering two cards, 11:20 (McBeth, Paju, Leyland, D. Schultz) and 1:10 (Sexton, Heimburg, Reek, Queen).

Don't forget that the rules no longer allow for "featured" super group cards unless it's for live video coverage. Waiving that rule requires PDGA Tour Manager permission AND the permission of each player on the card. Maybe they didn't get the players to agree or maybe they didn't want to bother asking at all since it's not all that important.

Jomez is covering two cards, 11:20 (McBeth, Paju, Leyland, D. Schultz) and 1:10 (Sexton, Heimburg, Reek, Queen).

Don't forget that the rules no longer allow for "featured" super group cards unless it's for live video coverage. Waiving that rule requires PDGA Tour Manager permission AND the permission of each player on the card. Maybe they didn't get the players to agree or maybe they didn't want to bother asking at all since it's not all that important.

Queen on feature card is going to be awesome! Lefty can shred!

So will the Queen card get post-produced?

Another 2 hours until video coverage starts :(. They should just have a live feed of a stationary camera on hole 1 so we can see everyone's first tee shot.

Not positive about these numbers..... so someone can correct me.

Circle 2: 20 meters and in
Circle 1: 10 meters and in
Parked: 3 meters and in?

Oh yeah thanks. After some more clicking and hovering, I see 10 and 20 are right. Parked says 3.3 meters. Thanks again.

How the heck does uDisc track every dang shot? They have somebody walking with each group? It's pretty sweet and the stats are righteous.

Paige Pierce had said she's gonna go for it and not hold back. Well, that's not working too well so far.

How the heck does uDisc track every dang shot? They have somebody walking with each group? It's pretty sweet and the stats are righteous.

Yeah. I think they have a volunteer walk with each flight and manually input the throw-by-throw stats.

Circle 1 is typically painted so it's easy to see who gets it. Maybe Circle 2 as well.
I have no idea where "parked" range is. There have been several iterations of that concept throughout the years ("bullseye", etc.) but it's certainly tap-in territory.

Ace on hole 1 is a nice start for someone. 2 under par after 1 hole is a pretty aggressive pace to set.

An ace on #1 is pretty lucky IMO. Chain high if you miss would be a circle 2 come-backer most likely.

Latest posts