• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I'm pretty speechless. All I want to know is, what happened? How do you leave your family? Or was it a tense relationship? We may never know. This is just so weird.

I wish you all the best, Paul, and Hannah. Good luck, and God bless you in the coming season, and beyond. :)

I'd also like to say that it's good to see DGCR alive again. Posters we haven't seen for a while, thread blowing up with excitement. What a day for disc golf.

I'm guessing they offered him a truckload of cash. You probably have to make your money in DG while you can.

awesome i cant wait for the crowded courses!!!

..be careful for what you wish for

Personally I would love it if more people were on the course. It's always a little sad to be alone or the only group out on a beautiful day.

If more people were out enjoying the parks they might actually get funding or people might actually give a damn about them.

This does feel weird, like the always-smiling couple you know that suddenly divorces.

FWIW, Paul seems to know what he is doing. He's made smart moves so far, going all the way back to his Am career, so there is no reason to expect anything different from him now. He's done more than just ride a rise in DG popularity, he's been a part of why more so than any other recent player.

Pauls Instagram. 83.6k followers on and just 92 posts.

Feels like there is a massive untapped market for Paul through Insta alone. Get the Discraft sales going through here, then use the metrics to impress outside the sport advertisers.

This kid I've known since he was a baby (wifes best friends nephew) set up an insta account taking fashion photos - gullyguyleo. At 20k followers he was being flown all over the world at the age of 13 to market top brand fashion labels (always felt a little creepy but seems to have been fine) , he's now at 711k followers and making serious money, there is a lot of money in instagram endorsements to a loyal audience. (I've got to get him out playing disc golf, I'm working on the aunt...)

I'm pretty speechless. All I want to know is, what happened? How do you leave your family? Or was it a tense relationship? We may never know. This is just so weird.

Sometimes you just have to make a big change. A change with bigger potential for growth. People do it all the time. I left everything I knew behind for an opportunity at a new company 2 years ago. And I'm just a normal dude.

I'm pretty speechless. All I want to know is, what happened? How do you leave your family?

What makes you think it was "family"? I mean, I have no idea that it wasn't, but I also have no indication that it was either.

Even if Barsby doesn't quite like the Destroyer, he should 100% put his name on it and bag it.

Just because he has a boss and a scorpius doesn't mean he can't add the destroyer for a random field shot or two where he could literally throw anything.

Business decision and that's what would make the most financial sense, IMHO. The timing of him winning worlds and the top player from Innova leaving is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Sometimes you just have to make a big change. A change with bigger potential for growth. People do it all the time. I left everything I knew behind for an opportunity at a new company 2 years ago. And I'm just a normal dude.

Yea. There are two kinds of people in this world. Those like me, who stay put in the same town, same job, same house, same everything forever. And then there are the movers and shakers who can't sit still. The world needs both types to function, and yea, maybe he was just ready for something else.

Like Ranger said, maybe there was a boatload of cash that Innova just couldn't continue to feed him. And as mentioned, it does free up some space for them.

Even if Barsby doesn't quite like the Destroyer, he should 100% put his name on it and bag it.

Just because he has a boss and a scorpius doesn't mean he can't add the destroyer for a random field shot or two where he could literally throw anything.

Business decision and that's what would make the most financial sense, IMHO. The timing of him winning worlds and the top player from Innova leaving is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Barsby 2020.

Anything to see him more often on tour and I'll be happy.

What makes you think it was "family"? I mean, I have no idea that it wasn't, but I also have no indication that it was either.

Well, just from social media, and videos...maybe I read it wrong. Maybe there was no connection other than the business. 12 years is a while though. He sorta grew up Innova. He WAS Innova. I don't know.

Im going with Paul is going the Jordan route and branding himself and making his own line of discs and he is going to throw those exclusively. Everybody says hes going to Discraft but maybe he is making his own discs that Discraft will mold up for him, or maybe innova will. Who knows. But thats where my money is now. McBeth Disc Golf. Hes gunna crush.

Hes got a lot of money and is business minded. Nobody has more pull in the sport then he does so this sounds like a smart move to me.

Personally I would love it if more people were on the course. It's always a little sad to be alone or the only group out on a beautiful day.

If more people were out enjoying the parks they might actually get funding or people might actually give a damn about them.

pros and cons to everything