• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

So which pros do you folks see possibly switching this year?

I can see an exodus from Prodigy again;perhaps?
Seppo
Uli
Dickerson

Seppo
Uli
Dickerson

McBeth to Discraft
Dickerson Discraft or DD/Lat 64
Ulibarri Discraft or Innova
Jones Innova or Discmania

Seppo
Uli
Dickerson

Well seppo either owns Prodigy EU or owns a stake in prodigy itself (I forget which one) so that's probably not gunna happen. Honestly, I don't see the other two moving, both have a few sig discs and while they are great players, they aren't really big enough to grab a major contract from another company that would entice them to leave.

Hokom to MVP was my bold prediction. Saw her putting well with mvp plastic at the HOFC and the commentary seemed to get really awkward when talking about it. Especially Elaine King who is team MVP, and they just ended it by saying "we'll just have to wait and see" or something along those lines.

Well seppo either owns Prodigy EU or owns a stake in prodigy itself (I forget which one) so that's probably not gunna happen. Honestly, I don't see the other two moving, both have a few sig discs and while they are great players, they aren't really big enough to grab a major contract from another company that would entice them to leave.

Hokom to MVP was my bold prediction. Saw her putting well with mvp plastic at the HOFC and the commentary seemed to get really awkward when talking about it. Especially Elaine King who is team MVP, and they just ended it by saying "we'll just have to wait and see" or something along those lines.

All of the original team members of prodigy got stake in the company that was the big enticement for them all to move there to begin with. I don't know what those "stakes" are worth these days though, I see people in TN (because of will and dickerson) and in northern NC, but I don't know anyone around here that throws their stuff anymore.

As for Dickerson not being big enough to get a major contract. He has the highest winning percentage of any MPO player, he's rated 8th in the world, he is also 8th in winnings earned. I've also heard that he is planning on touring more towards full-time next year. I bet you he leaves Prodigy.

And Uli is Uli, still in the top 20 rated players in the world, has been sponsored by both Discraft and Innova in the past and had a great year, 5th highest earnings from wins, not to mention one of the voices for Jomez. Any company would love to have him

Last edited:

As for Dickerson..........I bet you he leaves Prodigy.

And Uli is Uli, still in the top 20 rated players in the world, has been sponsored by both Discraft and Innova in the past.

Yeah, Dickerson is the truth & is ready for a bigger sponsor.

Didn't know Uli was with Discraft before. I like watching his old Innova ITB. Would be cool to know what DC he was using.

Yeah, Dickerson is the truth & is ready for a bigger sponsor.

Didn't know Uli was with Discraft before. I like watching his old Innova ITB. Would be cool to know what DC he was using.

I guess I don't know that he was officially sponsored I just assumed he was because he was in a few of their old clinic videos on youtube, the ones with Mark Ellis and Marty Peters.

I read on the internet yesterday mcbeth is switching to discraft and then at doubles a guy that isn't into the internet disc golf scene told me about it. Going to wait and see I guess.

So if Paul goes to Discraft (he won't), can we blame the DGI group for the inevitable breaking of this website?

So if Paul goes to Discraft (he won't), can we blame the DGI group for the inevitable breaking of this website?

But he will go to Discraft and I think disc golfers will break the internet not just this site, FB is going to explode lol.

I think the fact that Innova isn't shutting this "rumor" down says more than anything. I bet discraft sales have already started spiking. Ha!

For everyone saying Paul can't/won't switch from Innova, there could be certain other things Discraft, or another company could offer him that Innova may not be willing to do. They could offer a stake in the company, like has been suggested before, maybe a whole line of signature discs, perhaps even designed by Paul himself. Maybe some kind of offer to transition into something post 40 as some kind of other position at Discraft. Or maybe just a boatload of cash. Discraft could potentially make one hell of a splash over a few years with 6-10 brand new McBeth molds. Move a lot of plastic. They create enough buzzz maybe even get into Dick's and/or Wal-Mart themselves.

I think if you look at the potential of this being just a piece of a grander plan, it makes a lot more sense. If you just look at it as a simple player sponsorship then no, it doesn't.

The ONLY thing Paul would do if any of that turned out to be a true offer, would be to use that as a bargaining tool to get an even better deal with Innova. It would not surprise me one bit if we eventually see some kind of long term announcement where Paul is given a much higher stake in the company. It's to the point where Innova = McBeth = Innova imop.

Latest posts