• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 A-Tier schedule released

Looks like the Nick Hyde Memorial didn't make the cut this year. I can guess why, but it might make someone upset. Dang it!

No Hall of Fame Classic either, even as an A-tier.

Locally though, I see quite a few new ones, which should be really fun.

Is the number of A-tiers increasing year-by-year, tracking membership growth?

Looks like the Nick Hyde Memorial didn't make the cut this year. I can guess why, but it might make someone upset. Dang it!

What a bummer for DFW...

Arlington in November doesn't attract many pros, and the drive to Tyler or Waco is just too much for a single day.

No Hall of Fame Classic either, even as an A-tier.

HOFC has never been an A-tier to my recollection. It has always been an every-odd-year NT except for 2018. It not being on the schedule for next year isn't much of a surprise.

On a different note, the distribution of A-tiers in the northeast is pretty frustrating. I don't think it's the PDGA's fault so much as the TDs choosing their dates, but that there isn't a pro A-tier in the northeast until mid-August is annoying. And then there is one practically every weekend, sometimes two, through October (plus an NT). I'm sure many of them are trying to snag some of the touring players while they're on the northeast swing (Maple Hill, Smuggs, Iron Hill). At some point, they're chasing ghosts though.

How about just one spring or early summer A-tier while the tour is out west? Odds are it would be better attended by the local/regional players (who won't have to cram it in with 3-4 others in a 6-7 week stretch) and just as well attended by the touring pros (who aren't likely to be there even if it were in the fall).

HOFC has never been an A-tier to my recollection. It has always been an every-odd-year NT except for 2018. It not being on the schedule for next year isn't much of a surprise.

On a different note, the distribution of A-tiers in the northeast is pretty frustrating. I don't think it's the PDGA's fault so much as the TDs choosing their dates, but that there isn't a pro A-tier in the northeast until mid-August is annoying. And then there is one practically every weekend, sometimes two, through October (plus an NT). I'm sure many of them are trying to snag some of the touring players while they're on the northeast swing (Maple Hill, Smuggs, Iron Hill). At some point, they're chasing ghosts though.

How about just one spring or early summer A-tier while the tour is out west? Odds are it would be better attended by the local/regional players (who won't have to cram it in with 3-4 others in a 6-7 week stretch) and just as well attended by the touring pros (who aren't likely to be there even if it were in the fall).

Cosign, would love a May/June swing from mid-Atlantic to New England without being mashed into the rest of the tour.

Except that the PDGA announced in 2017 that it would be every year and the permanent home to the NT Finale.

I'm not going to lie. We picked the PFDO date on when the pros should be swinging through between Ledgestone and MVP. The other problem with running the tournament earlier in the year is that we just get hammered with rain until June or July. Running larger scale events on our courses tends to wreak havoc on them with all of the mud, so I preferred to keep the dates later in the year. If we are already pushing it back to June or July, why not go just one more month to try to snag a couple more 1000 rated guys as they pass through?

Matt's not the most popular guy in the DFW area, is that what you're talking about?