• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGLO

Podium finishers:

MPO
1. Ricky
2. James Proctor
3. Eagle

FPO
1. Ella
2. Val
3. Missy

Yikes! Ams complaining about the Am payout before the event even starts!

Nate isn't doing anything out of the ordinary or nefarious. Many events use a "designated vendor" that handles the Am payout, regardless of the name of the title sponsor. Most vendors offer a variety of manufacturers. Since nearly all the merchandise offered by Ledgestone is produced by Discraft, how exactly is this a bad thing for Discraft?

What is in the player pack?

Nate isn't doing anything out of the ordinary or nefarious. Many events use a "designated vendor" that handles the Am payout, regardless of the name of the title sponsor. Most vendors offer a variety of manufacturers. Since nearly all the merchandise offered by Ledgestone is produced by Discraft, how exactly is this a bad thing for Discraft?

I've been complaining about Nate enriching himself through his position on the board for some time. It's by no means limited to the payouts at DGLO. :ROFLMAO:

The players pack is listed as:
-Bushnell Rangefinder
-3 Discraft discs
-Tournament shirt
-Tube of Zanfel
-GRIP6 Belt
-GRIP6 Pair of Socks
-Merrell discount coupon
-More items to be announced!

More items, mind you, were never announced. Not that it isn't a pretty generous players pack. We also got to purchase Discraft plastic and other things as part of our registration (I got 2 "colorshift" Fierces, for example, but passed on the other options because an extra $50 for two throwing putters was already putting me well over $200 for the tournament).

Honestly, from a pragmatic standpoint (rather than my distaste for Nate's greed), there is a legitimate gripe about the payouts all being Ledgestone - their selection is meager, and weighted very heavily on things that most people don't throw, super limited runs, or discs that are primarily used in the bags of MPO players. Beyond that, the "buy it all on awards ceremony day or your prizes are forfeit" bit is pretty unusual, in the day and age of payouts being done with online codes for credit at places like Great Lakes Disc, OTB, Disc Baron, etc...

Right. In the day the payouts were pre-chosen discs in a plastic grocery bag, many of which were left-overs from old tournaments.

Looks like it's gonna be a wet and windy afternoon. 🌧️☔🌬️

i like they put up a stationary cam on tee 1. too bad it's just rain now

The pay structure, for both park systems is no different for DGLO than for local club non sanctioned events. The only possible difference would be the number of porta johns one system forces the event to purchase. I suppose gate revenue could fluctuate due to spectators, but I suspect this is minimal. Any upgrades to the infrastructure is only realized at Toboggan and this has been rumored to be at the hands of Discraft. I will continue to maintain that DGPT and Ledgestone are a parasite to the local disc golf community. I simply am advocating for a more symbiotic relationship. Most area benefit from hosting a Worlds, I would hope anybody hosting a DGPT would realized at least a fraction of that return.

I would assume that the property managers (whether that is a park department on paid admission parks or a local club that provides infrastructure and upkeep) are getting a fee from the event for providing the venue. If not, then they are collecting gate revenue on the additional traffic. Having 800+ players should increase the revenue from that weekend via that fee compared to a normal week. How those funds are used (directly reinvested into course or just getting dumped into a general revenue) may be more of your issue.

Not at the course, but I live fairly close.
Seems like the worst of the weather passed, so other than wiping discs after every shot, the top rated MPO players shouldn't be too bad off.

I feel for those who had to play through it. Forecast looks pretty good for rest of the event.

Hearing rumors that there was a pepper spraying incident this morning, during the FPO round. May have involved a player.
I've heard chatter that it was Macie Valediaz.
I have no idea if true or not.

There are a couple of posts both by one user on reddit claiming Macie.

I texted my buddy Evan, currently caddying for Presnell. He just said that their card hasn't heard anything about it (Nikko, Prez, Clemons, Freeman).

Hearing rumors that there was a pepper spraying incident this morning, during the FPO round. May have involved a player.
The reddit post is now indicating:
a) not Macie
b) no pepper spray

It was 2 people on her card that got into it with each other. The extent of that not discussed... yet.

I heard it was actually a throw down between millz and junebug over who was the better caddy.

Comedian Bert Kreischer with a solid ceremonial tee off. Better than either of Ben Askren's. 🫤

Latest posts