2024 Texas States presented by Lone Star Discs

Incredible round two by AB. He has a pretty substantial lead right now. Hope he can hold on and win.

Incredible round two by AB. He has a pretty substantial lead right now. Hope he can hold on and win.
A 6 stroke lead at the Brock course seems pretty safe unless Barela misses a lot of C1 putts today.
It didn't seem like there were any holes where you could get a double or triple bogey. Just 1 double bogey in the top 25 players yesterday and only 18 total bogeys for the top 14 players.

Well that ended up being a pretty exciting tournament!
I figured a 6 shot lead was safe and it almost wasn't. Prior to this year there is no way AB pulls that out.
The pressure seemed to get to Ezra. Man he was looking good for the first 10 holes!

I think we are going to be seeing many more Barela-Buhr battles in the future.

We had a player late for the first round of a tournament I played in, no show at tee time. TD instructed everyone on the card to score 4 over par for every hole and that PDGA live scoring would drop him after 4 holes. He caught up with us on the tee of hole 5 and played the rest of the round. +4 x 4 holes = +16 teeing off on Hole 5. We had to add him back in to the card for scoring purposes. He played the rest of the tournament for the experience. Throw down the mountain at Olympus in Brooksville Fl.

I thought this was a fair result and don't think missing holes should be an automatic DQ. The triple bogey on every hole missed is punishment enough. Players (at my level) paid to play and should get some value for that registration fee besides the players' pack. I would not have had a problem with this guy just playing rounds 2 and 3 for the experience, He would be +72 teeing off on round 2.

Well done Anniken, nice to see consistency win. . she did not have a single hot round, but was consistens.
Kristen played really good in R2-3 but that R1 cost her. .

No hot round? What were you watching?

R1: Course record, hot round -10
R2: Tied for CR, -10
R3: -9, but didn't need to play for birdie on 17 or 18.

That does make sense. A player could be at their tee on time and not be able to play the hole (forgot their bag?).

In the PDGA you recieve a 2 stroke penalty if you are less than 5 minutes late for your tee time and you are DQ'ed if you are more than 5 minutes late.
This should have said "PGA" meaning ball golf. To be more accurate it should have said USGA which is the governing body and rules makers for golf.

Not so sure about the second part.
It was supposed to say PGA, not pdga. In ball golf you are DQ'ed if you arrive more than 5 minutes late. 2 stroke penalty if you are late by less than 5 minutes.

While Steen shot "hot", the actual hot rounds this weekend were:
R1 - Ohn shot an -11 52
R2 - Kristin shot a -12 51
R3 - Kristin shot a -10 53

We had a player late for the first round of a tournament I played in, no show at tee time. TD instructed everyone on the card to score 4 over par for every hole and that PDGA live scoring would drop him after 4 holes. He caught up with us on the tee of hole 5 and played the rest of the round. +4 x 4 holes = +16 teeing off on Hole 5. We had to add him back in to the card for scoring purposes. He played the rest of the tournament for the experience. Throw down the mountain at Olympus in Brooksville Fl.

I thought this was a fair result and don't think missing holes should be an automatic DQ. The triple bogey on every hole missed is punishment enough. Players (at my level) paid to play and should get some value for that registration fee besides the players' pack. I would not have had a problem with this guy just playing rounds 2 and 3 for the experience, He would be +72 teeing off on round 2.

Par + 4, reference to triple bogey = math head explosion. 🤯

Well, check again. . Steen did NOT have a single "hot round" (we call "the hot round" the best round for the day and Ohn and Kristin had those)

I noticed in the 2nd round that Calvin threw a Lone Star Blue Bonnett a couple times. Had no idea he had anything other than Innova & Millenium in his bag.

Well, check again. . Steen did NOT have a single "hot round" (we call "the hot round" the best round for the day and Ohn and Kristin had those)

Slithers away...corrected.

I see the missing of the hole as occurring as much as 5 minutes after the failing to show up beforehand so not the same event. My opinion however is not shared by the PDGA so he was penalized correctly.

At the Tour level I absolutely believe that failing to play a hole should be a DQ ragardless of reason. A round is however many holes it was defined as beforehand- failing to complete it should be the end of a player's event. The fact that they could miss a hole or 2 and still get "back in the mix" is patently unfair to those players showing up for all holes. These people are "professionals." What does traditional golf do?
The rule about multiple penalties says: "A throw or an action that is subject to penalty under more than one rule..."

One action (like oversleeping) could trigger both the 5 minute and absent rules. I would find it hard to justify giving both penalties in that case.

If the player checked in late, and then disappeared, I would call that two different actions and add the two penalty throws on top of the par plus 4.

As for whether it should be DQ to miss a hole, that is the most logically consistent way to handle it. Being nice and letting players play on with a par+4 would be logically consistent if par+4 were the scoring cap for ALL holes.

I am not totally schooled on his current bag, but maybe it was a KC Pro Aviar - also a 2-speed. I find it hard to believe he is suddenly allowed to expand to Lone Star Discs let alone a Bluebonnet putter. But, who knows?