• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3 under last night for the first time...

Chainchaser

Double Eagle Member
I have only been playing for a year and a half and i had struggled bad with putting. I finally broke down and bought a practice basket over the winter and now i am reaping the benefits. I play a small course by my house and really think you should be under par every time you play it. I Started off last night and got to hole 7 and was a +3 and really feeling here i go again. I might as well quit keeping score like usual and just play the rest out. I went to eight and birdied it. I thought hey wait, maybe I should keep trying. I continued on, making some great putts from 25' to 35' and farhter and nailing all of my putts under 20'. I also started using a buzz more recently and have found it to be working great. I actually hit metal on a 215' hole for the first time. I got to 18 and messed up a bit and threw a boogie but still ended up with a -3. I really gained some confidence last night especially with a buzz and my putting which i have been seeing an improvement at over the last few weeks.

Grats man, I have not gotten an under par score yet, but have gotten a couple less than 5 overs.

Way to go. It only took me two years to commit to buying a basket and practicing at home. It really is the fastest way to better scores.

Sucks to start out with a bunch of bogies. I used to restart my round alot but now I just keep playing.

You gotta love the rounds that go under. As high as you are right now and as much as you want to remember this round, the next time you are out there, forget it and focus on the shot at hand. It is so easy to go from great round to worst round ever.

I am finally in the process of buying a home and look forward to the day when I can buy a practice basket. I know that it will pay off like it has for you. good job.

You gotta love the rounds that go under. As high as you are right now and as much as you want to remember this round, the next time you are out there, forget it and focus on the shot at hand. It is so easy to go from great round to worst round ever.
Yea went back last night and threw par which I am still extremely happy with. My putting was a little off but I have really become confident on putting than i ever have and the Buzzz has also given me more confidence on my up shots. I no longer go to a long putt thinking I am going to miss it but more thinking I can make this which is a big psychological step for me in my putting game.

Oh yea boogie =bogey! Really not sure where boogie came from!!!:doh::gross: