• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50 Courses Played

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
By some people's standards this isn't a big deal. But for me, it is.

Today, I played my 50th different course. It was The Greens at Hamilton Run. It's a temporary course that gets set up on a ball golf course. They normally just have 9 baskets when they open the course for play on Sundays and Mondays (I think.) But today they had 18 baskets in place for the PDGA C-Tier 1st Annual Little Heiskell Classic.

I really enjoyed the course, as I have the other 49 that I've played. Thanks again to DGCR for helping me find these courses and for the information provided through reviews, pics, etc.

Here's to 50 more!

(There's probably another milestone thread, but I wanted to start one anyway. If anyone else would like to post courses played milestones here, please feel free. I'd love to hear about them.)

Congrats!!! I'm far from it with my 15 courses played, so 50 will be a feat depending on what happens after college

Congrats... 50's probably more than most folks. It's fun as you start to get up there. I made a point of road tripping to out of state to hit my 50th. I'm still looking forward to 100.

I've heard that Innovadude's played over 1000 courses, but just doesn't track all of them on this site.

Last edited:
congrats! I've been stuck at 70-71 for awhile now, but now that the snow has arrived I plan to play a few that have popped up around me in the next couple months. :hfive:

Thanks, guys. Just from some of the people that I've met through DGCR and have played rounds with, here are some numbers. Courses played for this group of four..., 182, 230, 240 & 351. I can't imagine ever playing 182 courses over my lifespan. :) Not that I won't try!

Congratulations man! I gotta do more road-trips.. I've only played about a dozen or so courses lol. I'm hoping to hit 50 sometime in 2012.

Thanks I'd like to think it's achievable. I got a buddy who I usually hit up a new course with every few weekends. Haven't done that much lately but I'm trying to go to Highland park tomorrow for a round. Might be my new favorite course after Channahon.

Keep playing new courses and meeting new DGCR members. They will both always surprise you. Usually in a good way. Either way, it's always fun. Congrats, 100 is just a few states away!

Im workin on gettin to 50 and im moving to a new state so that should help rack up the number.

I've played around 35 in two years, but now I'm at the point where to increase the number I have to either play poorly rated courses, 9 hole courses, or courses a few hours away. I imagine my progress towards 50 will happen in spurts when I go on vacation from this point forward. I do enjoy adding to my tally, but not so much that I'll trade a day replaying Maple Hill to knock out some 1.5 star 9 hole course.

Jimb will hit 100 courses someday if I have anything to do with it. I have had the pleasure of playing 8 courses with Jimb as my guide on my travels out east to see family and he always goes out of his way to make it convenient for me and my schedule. See you next summer, Jimb.

i'm just glad i was never listed as 80 played in 10 states, call me 82 played in 13 states

I'm stuck at 61 for at least five months now. At this point, the only way I get more under my belt is to take road trips... If I can somehow just spend couple of weeks in Dallas metro area, I'm sure I'll get at least 25!

Nice work jimb! Those milestones are definitely cool to hit, I played my 500th course this summer.