• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50 Courses Played

Keep playing new courses and meeting new DGCR members. They will both always surprise you. Usually in a good way. Either way, it's always fun. Congrats, 100 is just a few states away!

:thmbup: QFT!

I imagine my progress towards 50 will happen in spurts when I go on vacation from this point forward.

This is what I've had the opportunity to do a lot... and I love it!

Jimb will hit 100 courses someday if I have anything to do with it. I have had the pleasure of playing 8 courses with Jimb as my guide on my travels out east to see family and he always goes out of his way to make it convenient for me and my schedule. See you next summer, Jimb.

I'm blushing! ;) You give me too much credit. A couple of those courses we played were my first time, too. Here's to 2012!

Nice work jimb! Those milestones are definitely cool to hit, I played my 500th course this summer.

Thanks! But 500?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: Holy Cow!!!

very nice!

i hope to get to 50 next year, and i'm gunning for close to 50% of courses in MN played (88 of 176) next year. currently at 30, so we'll see what i can do. hope for a few new states too.

Congrats Jimb!

FWIW, only about 4% of the folks here have hit the 50 course mark, and only 1% have hit 100, so these are bigger accomplishments than we may give credit for, especially for you folks who have long work hours and family commitments to attend to.

I am very close to 50 now, after my roadtrip to Allentown last month. Maryland does not have a ton of DG so i have to travel a good bit to get in new courses. I am living closer to Virginia now so I'll be checking out new stuff down there next spring.

Congrats Jimb!

FWIW, only about 4% of the folks here have hit the 50 course mark, and only 1% have hit 100, so these are bigger accomplishments than we may give credit for, especially for you folks who have long work hours and family commitments to attend to.

I knew that 50 was a big deal for me... but I had no idea that regarding those stats. Thanks much!

I am very close to 50 now, after my roadtrip to Allentown last month. Maryland does not have a ton of DG so i have to travel a good bit to get in new courses. I am living closer to Virginia now so I'll be checking out new stuff down there next spring.

Hopefully you get to make it a memorable course like I did. I know that it's just a number... but I really wanted #50 to something special. So, for example, I didn't go and play the Wisp (based upon the information from DGCR), although I'm sure that I will sometime.

And did I ever mention your avatar? I may have. It amazes me how much Showalter reminds me of Earl Weaver in some of his pictures. Now if he could just get the team to play like an Earl team. There's always next year! And wouldn't Pujols or Fielder look nice in an O's uniform??? :)

Congrats Jimb!

Out of curiosity, where did you find that information?

It's been a fun year for me. At the beginning of this year I had played a total of 10 courses in two states. I just played my 55th course a couple weeks ago. Also up to 7 states and two countries.

I've also met 6 DGCR members. All good peeps.

wow, 45 courses in one year is pretty impressive.

I knew that 50 was a big deal for me... but I had no idea that regarding those stats. Thanks much!

Hopefully you get to make it a memorable course like I did. I know that it's just a number... but I really wanted #50 to something special. So, for example, I didn't go and play the Wisp (based upon the information from DGCR), although I'm sure that I will sometime.

And did I ever mention your avatar? I may have. It amazes me how much Showalter reminds me of Earl Weaver in some of his pictures. Now if he could just get the team to play like an Earl team. There's always next year! And wouldn't Pujols or Fielder look nice in an O's uniform??? :)

my 50th will probably be Lexington Park, hopefully I can make it down there sometime in the next few weeks.

I'd love to see them sign a big free agent like those guys but I feel like the contract could become a burden, they don't have enough room in the budget for a 20-25mill guy like that.

900 DGC accomplished today and....

then some.

Yeah i wanted my 900th DGC to be something off the wall, but had to settle for a simpleton DGC at Keller Park in Deerfield, Il.. But if there was something special of this accomplishment, it would have to be that I actually started to play this DGC before the sun came up this morning (11-6-11).

I guess because we had the time change last night that everyone was enjoying an extra hour of zzzzz. Not me.... I was enjoying my 900th DGC as Mr. Sun didn't get to sleep in that hour, He popped up just as he does every day and today he welcomed me with my 900th DGC @ Keller Park. (ironically I parked on Hackberry st. I didn't hack up the DGC, but I didn't do anything to write home about other than it was my 900th DGC played).

I ended up playing 8 DGC today before I started to tire. Heck I set a personal record of playing 11 DGC the day before in the Chicago area and tonight I'm staying at the Holiday Express in St. Joesph, Mi. spending my 5__ birthday along the shores of Lake Michigan with the plan of tearing it up again tomorrow playing as many DGC as God will let me play.

Wish some of my buds (and lady friends) we're here with me.

Today I really loved playing the Black Bear DGC in Hoffman Estates and Campton Hills in St. Charles, Il.. I should of aced # 6 at Campton Hills, I don't know how it didn't stay in. But I had a blast either way.

John Belushi's grave will have to wait for another trip to Chicagoland. I didn't find the right opportunity to visit his grave on this trip. I tried on 2 occassions, but faultered both times. But played 29 different DGC in 4 daze in NW Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. and I still got a couple mo daze to play some mo in Meeechigan. When i'm in this area. I always try to play Victory Park in Albion, Mi. to me this DGC rocks and I normally don't play the same DGC when its far away from home unless......it's rocks and Victory park doesn't get the recognigtion it truley derserves (If you don't believe me, make that special trip to albion and find out for yourself).

May the Course be with you (all) -------------------- - +
danhyzer

Victory is spoiled for me bascause the water fall shot throws away from it rather than towards it missing one of the great opportunities for an awesome hole.

That's awesome! I look forward to reading about the third person to play 1000 different courses in the near future. :hfive:

then some.

Yeah i wanted my 900th DGC to be something off the wall, but had to settle for a simpleton DGC at Keller Park in Deerfield, Il.. But if there was something special of this accomplishment, it would have to be that I actually started to play this DGC before the sun came up this morning (11-6-11).

I guess because we had the time change last night that everyone was enjoying an extra hour of zzzzz. Not me.... I was enjoying my 900th DGC as Mr. Sun didn't get to sleep in that hour, He popped up just as he does every day and today he welcomed me with my 900th DGC @ Keller Park. (ironically I parked on Hackberry st. I didn't hack up the DGC, but I didn't do anything to write home about other than it was my 900th DGC played).

I ended up playing 8 DGC today before I started to tire. Heck I set a personal record of playing 11 DGC the day before in the Chicago area and tonight I'm staying at the Holiday Express in St. Joesph, Mi. spending my 5__ birthday along the shores of Lake Michigan with the plan of tearing it up again tomorrow playing as many DGC as God will let me play.

Today I really loved playing the Black Bear DGC in Hoffman Estates and Campton Hills in St. Charles, Il.. I should of aced # 6 at Campton Hills, I don't know how it didn't stay in. But I had a blast either way.

John Belushi's grave will have to wait for another trip to Chicagoland. I didn't find the right opportunity to visit his grave on this trip. I tried on 2 occassions, but faultered both times. But played 29 different DGC in 4 daze in NW Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. and I still got a couple mo daze to play some mo in Meeechigan. When i'm in this area. I always try to play Victory Park in Albion, Mi. to me this DGC rocks and I normally don't play the same DGC when its far away from home unless......it's rocks and Victory park doesn't get the recognigtion it truley derserves (If you don't believe me, make that special trip to albion and find out for yourself).

danhyzer

then some.

danhyzer
A tip of the hat to you sir! 860+ courses played. We all,Well I, envy you!

It's Alive... This thread that is!

After playing two new courses yesterday, I'm now at 75 played. So it took me almost exactly 3 years to play 25 more courses since I started this thread originally.

I've gotten to play 10 new courses this year, which is a lot for me. So if I keep up this pace, I should hopefully have played 100 courses by my 50th birthday. :)

Right on! I'm over 100 or so, which I thought was impressive until I was playing with Tall Paul and Shuie a couple of weekends ago. :( :D

Right on! I'm over 100 or so, which I thought was impressive until I was playing with Tall Paul and Shuie a couple of weekends ago. :( :D

Hell I felt good about how many I've played until I looked at there's

This will probably be my poorest new courses played year since I started playing. I think I've only added nine this year. Damned house hunting has sucked up all my vacation time.

This will probably be my poorest new courses played year since I started playing. I think I've only added nine this year. Damned house hunting has sucked up all my vacation time.

If you find a house with sufficient land, it'll really cut into your travels.

I enjoyed reading this thread in the future to see how some people met their goals to hit the number but some didn't. As someone who hasn't been able to play much outside the region, I am very envious of those who can. This really makes me want to push for a few fun road trips in the coming year!

After playing two new courses yesterday, I'm now at 75 played. So it took me almost exactly 3 years to play 25 more courses since I started this thread originally.

I've gotten to play 10 new courses this year, which is a lot for me. So if I keep up this pace, I should hopefully have played 100 courses by my 50th birthday. :)

I just got to 75 yesterday as well. In australia though. Hoping I can get to 100 Here/New Zealand.

Latest posts