• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50ft putt

jmgdiscgolf

Par Member
You're 50 feet away from the basket with an open field/no obstacles. Do you go straight at it or throw on a hyzer/anhyzer line?

Depending on wind, I'll throw on a slight hyzer. If it's windy, I'll throw straight at it.

Slight hyzer on flat terrain, a floaty stall hyzer shot on irregular terrain or a nasty backdrop.

If there's no wind, I putt with a slight hyzer & aim to the right of the basket. I putt with KC Aviars so I play the fade.

50ft I'm still able to throw it hard enough for a slight hyzer shot. At 60ft and out I throw an s-curve.

Flat and calm, slight hyzer.

Non flat and/or not calm I may or may not run it, depending on severity and danger

You're 50 feet away from the basket with an open field/no obstacles. Do you go straight at it or throw on a hyzer/anhyzer line?

Wind permitting: straight at it with my Star Colt.

Wind not permitting: straight at it with my Star Gator.

I take out my straightest flying disc my D roach, grip it very firmly with my backhand fan grip nose up and flat. I stand mostly sideways (no jump), flatten my right knee, then throw a ~60 foot backhand drive ("putt") that flies perfectly dead straight until the pole gets in the way. my focus is entirely on throwing that disc -perfectly- straight starting from the back of my back swing through the middle of the pole. The rest is mostly unconscious. If I accidentally throw a slight hyzer, anyhzer, or with only 50 feet of speed then oh well I missed. I just don't want to miss my "line" left, right, high, nor low.

From 50, it's about the same as circle's edge. Maybe a little more conscious effort to get the disc flat or even a little anny, but nothing crazy. Now from 60 and beyond, I'm usually not even shooting for the basket. Maybe a putter approach with a McPro Aviar or a Zone, aiming for the base of the pole.

Jumper! Usually straddle, usually loft putt on a hyzer. Depending on obstacles and wind, I often times will find anny more consistent, and can add as much spin as needed.

Straight at it. Been working on a step putt lately, which (I hate to say it because I hate the stupid shot) keeps it really straight, with nice power.