• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

6 found. 3 returned. 2 lost. 2 days. 1 course

Nathanbr2

Birdie Member
I love winter in Mobile, AL... we are pushing 70 degrees this week, so everyone is getting out and shaking off the rust....and that means lost discs galore. (me included.

So I've played my home course 2 days straight now, and it seems like discs are falling out of the sky. There are 2 water hazards on this course (university of south Alabama) Holes #11 (Clear water, muddy ground) and #16 (Muddy water)

Found 6 discs, 3 with no numbers

Champ Coyote (Found on Hole 12, in fairway, no number)
Star Destroyer (Vader dye, fished out of hole 11, No number)
Avair (pro or dx, not sure which, tourney stamp, fished from hole 11, no number)

Elite Z surge (found hole 1, returned on hole 5)
Elite Z surge (same disc, same guy, found on 12, returned on 16)
Elite Z flash (Lost in lake on Hole 11, as I'm getting the avair out of the mud, returned on the next hole)

Lost A champ boss on hole 11 (why i was in the lake looking)
And a dx viper on Hole 16 (not worth diving for)

All this in 2 rounds, in 2 back to back days, at one course.

Anyone else finding it to be disc season in your area as it begins to warm up?

i lost 3 in the past 2 weeks! this deep snow sux the discs deep... 3" of a 4ft tail showing

Def. been playing all winter in SW Florida! Played 2 rounds yesterday, no lost or found discs, did find some noobs though! The female of the couple asked me if I was throwing a #1 Helix too?!? I told her no, I was throwing a Viper. They said they bought their discs at a hardware store? I steered them to an actual disc golf store, and this site of course!

I have been playing a lot this winter and so far:

found 3
returned 2
lost 0

I spent almost an hour the other day looking for my Pro Teebird in the snow. No disc left behind!

i lost 3 in the past 2 weeks! this deep snow sux the discs deep... 3" of a 4ft tail showing

^This, I've lost 5 or so this winter, hoping to be the first one out there during the spring melt to retrieve them.

I did find one, or rather some old dude gave me a frisbee that he found last summer. White Pro Katana, I called the number and told the dude I'd leave it at the park for him, a week later it's still sitting there. I'm sure he's still wondering how the hell I found his white disc that he lost last summer.

yeah, and before anyone asks, i don't normally go wading in after other peoples discs, My gf threw her valk. in the water (her favorite disc), and so i went in after it. while in there i saw the avair, and picked it up. Might as well get something out of it

Two found

Found two yesterday. A Star Shark N/N & a PDGA marker (#41695) Found him on PDGA member list. But he is not current in membership $$. If any one knows how to contact Nate Smith. Relay the info 'bout his mini.

At Gunn Park, Fort Scott, KS

Kind of ironic, after researching the tourney disc a little, found that each years disc, features the previous years champion (pdga # and name) on the stamp. when i looked up the guy on PDGA, Expired membership. got a little kick out of that one

Lost Disk Bag

Man I had to have been the luckiest SOB in the world, I live in Fort Worth and I play ZBOAZ all the time. I went out there Thursday eve. after work with a friend, drand a couple of beers, left to go to the store put my bag in the truck came back thought that I had left My bag in the truck knowing that I wasnt playing anymore, drank some more beer and went home. Friday I woke up looking for my bag when I realized that I must have left it in my buddies truck. Well I did not. I called some of my friends at the course and one of them found it with ALL of my disks in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not believe it!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for good friends that will watch your back!!!!!!!!

Anyone else finding it to be disc season in your area as it begins to warm up?
We had like 15 vehicles parked at the home course yesterday during the unseasonably warm weather. For the home course, that's about triple what we usually see. I'm sure cabin fever had a lot to do with it, but I've never seen that many folks show up for casual play. Sort of wish that I had taken a picture to show the parks department.

That isolated episode aside, ask me this question again in April and I'll have a better answer.
:p

Twas a freezing day out, I had a horrible shot with my freshly dyed star roc that landed in water. I thought I saw it about 20 feet out. I stripped down to my boxers and when out up to my crotch in freezing water, to my horror I realised that it wasn't my disc at all, but rather a beat to hell dx sidewinder.

Twas a freezing day out, I had a horrible shot with my freshly dyed star roc that landed in water. I thought I saw it about 20 feet out. I stripped down to my boxers and when out up to my crotch in freezing water, to my horror I realised that it wasn't my disc at all, but rather a beat to hell dx sidewinder.

Thats rough, looking at your location that seems like it would be some cold water.

0.jpg

Man.... I aint found SHEEEEIT.

Definatley. I have found about I have found a dx leopard, a discraft rattler (putter), a brand new dx wraith, a brand new star destroyer, and a tie dye champion boss. My brother found a pro destroyer, a lightning discs putter, a star boss, and a champion monarch. We also found 2 discs that we had lost in the summer.

Def. been playing all winter in SW Florida! Played 2 rounds yesterday, no lost or found discs, did find some noobs though! The female of the couple asked me if I was throwing a #1 Helix too?!? I told her no, I was throwing a Viper. They said they bought their discs at a hardware store? I steered them to an actual disc golf store, and this site of course!

Walgreens in PC was selling for a while, I did not know any hardware stores were dabling in discs.