• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] 8-Bit Disc Golf! It's a thing!

^ im going to get one of those when they come out,

just got the shirts today as promised and they're friggen awesome! Everyone here is jealous! I'll post pictures on the course if you want.

I hope you mean where YOU are lol. I got mine 8 days before you, so there is NO jealousy here ;)

Sweet aren't they?

^yea they're sick.

When i sweat though the screening on the back does get a little sticky. Im thinking that'll change after a wash.

I just made sure to wear a white tee under them the last 2 times out and didn't have any problems with sticking.

Latest finalized design in pipeline. Thanks for everyone's input on the phrasing!

I'm digging the colors too, I think the shirt color and text color will stay close to this.

Attachments

• konamimini.jpg
    konamimini.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 42
My two favorite things... put together in a tee shirt... awesome dude!

Saw the megaman shirt, was wondering if there were any plans on making other shirts similar but from other games around that time? Donkey Kong rolling a disc down the steel platform, etc.? lol, I'm really excited about these and will have to place an order soon.

My two favorite things... put together in a tee shirt... awesome dude!

Saw the megaman shirt, was wondering if there were any plans on making other shirts similar but from other games around that time? Donkey Kong rolling a disc down the steel platform, etc.? lol, I'm really excited about these and will have to place an order soon.

Plans? That might be a stretch. I do have plans to continually release new designs every year, but no concrete plans as to WHAT. The Power Up design took some work, and some help. So new ones are touchy. Plus I have to still keep in mind intellectual property rights. The Power Up design was altered and simplified enough to avoid outright copying a certain Capcom-owned character.

Link throwing a giant boomerang hyzer, Mario putting a flaming disc, etc. are all in my head but they're tough ideas to work around. General concepts like the Konami Code or a generic RPG battle menu are easy to use without ruffling feathers. But I'm not above "moral workarounds" either, lol. So always keep an eye on updates because something along those line may come along sooner or later.

And thanks for the compliments!

I'll be bringing my 3 dry fits to Flip for the flip meetup NEXT weekend, and then everyone there can see them in the flesh! :hfive: Once again, awesome stuff.

OK, so here's the deal. I am hosting an Ace Race this year on October 7th. I thought the Konami Code design would be best suited as an exclusive Ace Race design. So players will have the option of buying one for $15.00 in addition to their $25.00 players pack. BUT, I thought if anyone was interested elsewhere, I would be happy to ship them out.

Now, this is PRESALE. After September 15th, I will be ordering these shirts only for those that have paid for them. I will ship out any that need to be in the first week of October.

These will be long sleeve dri-fit...snazzy.

7421305426_be8452e9ba.jpg

Message me if you have any questions or want to get one! Thanks!

Nice, man. This is a disc golf idea I can really get behind. I might just have to get one of those heart bar shirts. Looking forward to the first Mario shirt. Maybe a power up feather/fire flower? That'd be sweet.

Remember, this is the last week to order to be eligible to win one of three 8-Bit Disc Golf Dyemax Gold Line Fuses! I will be randomly drawing this weekend! Any presale Ace Race shirts will also count as an entry!

A couple of things to update. First, tomorrow is the cutoff to be entered into the drawing for the Gold Line Fuses! If I don't have the payment in my Paypal account by then, you're going to miss out!

Second, in celebration of the one year anniversary of my son coming home (July 4th) from spending 2 months in the NICU after his birth; AND July 30th being Gastroschisis Awareness Day...I will be donating $1 from every shirt purchased in July for Gastroschisis research.

Gastroschisis is a birth defect affecting roughly 1 in 2500 births today. It is a defect in which the abdominal wall does not close quickly enough in fetal development, causing the intestines and possibly other organs to float outside the abdominal cavity and into the amniotic fluid. 1 in 10 will not survive childbirth. In places where quality neonatal care is not available, that rate is even worse. My wife and I were extremely lucky to have a wonderful NICU in our city, and a tough-as-nails son to fight through the pain and surgeries to be the completely healthy boy he is today. While certain trends and common threads have been linked to Gastroschisis, there is still no knowledge of what causes it; or how to avoid it. Eventually we will find the cause, but it will take time.

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 25
A couple of things to update. First, tomorrow is the cutoff to be entered into the drawing for the Gold Line Fuses! If I don't have the payment in my Paypal account by then, you're going to miss out!

Second, in celebration of the one year anniversary of my son coming home (July 4th) from spending 2 months in the NICU after his birth; AND July 30th being Gastroschisis Awareness Day...I will be donating $1 from every shirt purchased in July for Gastroschisis research.

Gastroschisis is a birth defect affecting roughly 1 in 2500 births today. It is a defect in which the abdominal wall does not close quickly enough in fetal development, causing the intestines and possibly other organs to float outside the abdominal cavity and into the amniotic fluid. 1 in 10 will not survive childbirth. In places where quality neonatal care is not available, that rate is even worse. My wife and I were extremely lucky to have a wonderful NICU in our city, and a tough-as-nails son to fight through the pain and surgeries to be the completely healthy boy he is today. While certain trends and common threads have been linked to Gastroschisis, there is still no knowledge of what causes it; or how to avoid it. Eventually we will find the cause, but it will take time.

PM sent my good man.

Just stumbled on this thread. PM SENT!

Just had a thought regarding the long sleeve "know the code" shirt. I've seen huk have nifty swirly stuff running up the sleeves...

I think it would be sweet to have the UP UP DOWN DOWN....etc... arrows/symbols running up the sleeves. :D

Hope everyone had a burger and beer-filled 4th of July! I have finished the grueling task of picking our 3 winners for the Gold Line Fuses courtesy of 8-Bit Disc Golf and Dyemax. I had the test of manhood from Flash Gordon brought over and tossed in all the names of our illustrious consumers. The poisonous creature only stabbed me 3 times! Pretty good for a first timer, I think. Once the venom's insanity wore off, I was able to read the names on the pieces of paper. And they are:

*drumroll*

JohnnyPhive
thugjitsu
Steve D.

I'm finalizing the 3 designs that will be put on the discs and will be contacting you shortly. Instead of just getting all three and randomly giving them out, I will let each person choose which of the designs they want.

Stay tuned for more giveaways and contests from 8-Bit Disc Golf! Thank you all so far for all the support and patronage!

Awww man I know it's too late now, but was I in the running for the fuses :(

Latest posts