• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Basket Here? Really?

Check out the following site - This is Johnny Sias' private course near Huntington WV. Keep wanting to get over there and play but never get the chance. I've heard horror stories from some of the locals
I tried to attach a pic of the post "unique" pin placement.

That pin placement is really similiar to hole 14 at Tyler State Park:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/29/95617417.jpg The picture isnt the best, but its a pretty unique placement

The creek doesn't look that wide. Looks like you can lay up to within 5-10' without getting wet. I like the concept. It makes you think about laying up even if you're within 30' of the basket/

There is a 9 hole course up in Kearney Nebraska USA where number 6 basket is in the endzone of the middle school's football field. You might need protective gear on to play through depending on the time of day. ;)

I had a rough picture of it somewhere, oh here it is: HERE!

Sorry it is really tough to see but it is in the center of the picture just off to the right a little. It was getting dark and I only had my camera phone with me. :rolleyes:

im not racist toward water but i think that is stupid.
if there is a tournament if it lands in the water is it OB?
if it bounces out is it a stroke penalty?

i can just see 2 people arguing about if it is OB or not, sounds like a headache

Even if it rest in the basket it is still out of bounds so no matter if you make it or not it is a one stroke penalty.

you are holed out once the disc is at rest in the bucket so, would you really be o.b.?
i dont think so. you have taking it to far peabody, even though thats kinda funny. the basket is in the water.
have fun guys.

The thing is it's a good setting for a basket,You'd get the same effect if it were on land.(Just a few feet from the edge.The water is still gonna be seen and play OB as all should in that setting.
I almost hung one on the side of Almas cliffs just for a photo.But not to actually play.
I have seen them hanging from a tree.(Tulsa)It swung a little making it a mind blower.
Looked cool but not very practical.A ball golf cup doesn't move around when your putting.
And I don't see them in the water either.

you are holed out once the disc is at rest in the bucket so, would you really be o.b.?
i dont think so. you have taking it to far peabody, even though thats kinda funny. the basket is in the water.
have fun guys.

Yea I know, I was just kidding. I do like the setting but the creek should not be out of bounds. That reminds me of the Ript card that says you must make the putt without hitting the chains.:eek:

That kind of hole doesn't really bother me...you either lay up or go for it. This course just has a hole that makes you make a choice. There is a hole at Treasure Cove, Council Bluffs, IA. It is one of the hanging baskets and it hangs over a little creek also. It's the same deal. GO for it, or lay up. If it is wet take a stroke. Everyone plays the same hole with the same conditions and these are not disc threatening shots, so no big deal.
picture.php

im not racist toward water but i think that is stupid.
if there is a tournament if it lands in the water is it OB?
if it bounces out is it a stroke penalty?

i can just see 2 people arguing about if it is OB or not, sounds like a headache
As previously posted the water is OB.

Once resting in the basket or chains you are holed out and done.

You have to use a bit of common sense when it comes to OB too. The rule is technically "clearly and completely surrounded by the out-of-bounds area" (Rule 803.09). So if you're playing water is OB and you have an island hole, the island is technically surrounded by water, but you don't play that as OB: the island is safe. If you wanted to get completely absurd with it the entire continent of North America is clearly and completely surrounded by water so everything is technically OB, right...?

ERic

i think the basket placement looks fun!!! i go fishing for discs often... i just strip down to my boxers and wade in the water regardless if the disc is mine or not... a little water never hurts!!! after all i do live in oregon and it rains here almost every day lol

If you want to avoid the water just play Hyzer Creek in the summer. That's what we did this year - there was no water around the basket, just some mud.

There's a basket similar to the one at Johnny Sias' course at Oak Grove in Pasadena, CA (the world's first disc golf course). You have to be very strategic about where you land if you wantto have a hole between the tree trunks big enough to putt through.

A ball golf cup doesn't move around when your putting.
And I don't see them in the water either.

that and boxing-style chick in bikini's running around the tee pads with hole numbers might make watching, or even PLAYING golf tolerable.

what is this? photoshop?

if this isn't a joke, it should be! SPLOOSH
need water retrieving toothless dog :eek:

Latest posts