• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] A putter that feels like a Zone, but flies straight?

Second D Line Breaker, or a seasoned SP breaker. They are generally flat, have the shoulder like the Zone, are a bit more torque resistant. Chiefs are pretty close too.

Which plastic? I have a little 9 disc bag I take to work. I throw random discs in there in case I have a lunch hour near a field or a course. I picked up that Sensei in the Christmas box and have been really enjoying it. In the mini bag, it took the place of the Envy. I can't say I'd ever buy a Sensei outright because I'd just buy another Envy first. Sensei is a fantastic disc though. If I were forced to go one-brand, it'd be Discmania and the Sensei would be in my bag.

Base line Sensei. I won one for a CTP, and have picked up the ones from buddies mystery boxes that they didnt want. I bag Neutron and Electron envy normally. I would definately bag a sensei in a discmania bag.

I have friends who throw premium ones and like them. Not as stable as a fresh P2 or envy, but stable enough that you could get away with bagging one of those, a few beat ones and a tactic.

Destroyed old Pro-D Zones are some of the best kept secrets IMO. I can throw Hyzer-flip to turn with mine, max weight crazy puddle topped. Now if that route isn't in favor I second the recommendation for the Envy, I also bag Electron Envys and they're fantastic.

The problem is finding a putter line or JB Zone in stock. Haven't seen a putter line anywhere since last summer so I finally paid $56 shipped for a couple JB on eBay. Kinda pisses me off.

I've had a putter line in the bag since last summer that's nice and straight.

The problem is finding a putter line or JB Zone in stock. Haven't seen a putter line anywhere since last summer so I finally paid $56 shipped for a couple JB on eBay. Kinda pisses me off.

I nabbed a CT last year from Ledgestone. I haven't thrown it much but based on how easily it's chunked up I bet it would beat straight pretty quick.

Gateway Voodoo for those laserbeam straight shots

Just looked, discraft.com has JB and P Line Zones in stock. I've noticed with a few of their discs lately they're available on their own site, but not anywhere else

To echo what others have said, Breaker or Z Ringer( very, very under-rated disc!)

To echo what others have said, Breaker or Z Ringer( very, very under-rated disc!)

Ringers in generally are tough to come by, which is sad. They are definitely overshadowed by a lot in discrafts line up.

Ringers in generally are tough to come by, which is sad. They are definitely overshadowed by a lot in discrafts line up.

I've kind of had my eye out for a ringer for about two years and haven't found one. The GT is a nice disc and I wanted to give the non-GT a try but no luck finding one.

I got the Glo CryZtal Flex Ringer, it´s a fine disc. . .but i could throw the FleX Breaker. . they are very similar

But get the Proline Breaker if you want something straight. . i used to bag one but now i have a D-line Zone that i so beat in that they fly the same. .

Trying a fan grip will open up a whole universe of possibilities.

That said, an Opto Pure is really straight and somewhat low profile, but doesn't really feel like a Zone.

I was just coming here to say some sort of soft entropy. I use a 165 neutron I wouldn't call it straight.. But I imagine a base plastic like a soft electron would be pretty groovy. I like my neutron because it drives with a hard fade but still putts surprisingly straight in the circle. Tempted by a base plastic one but ya know, envy's.

If you can live with a more US disc, the CryZtal SOL is a Anti-Zone with similar feel

Latest posts